[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does it mean to be a man, /adv/? A good man. I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Dwayne.jpg (17KB, 220x303px)
Dwayne.jpg
17KB, 220x303px
What does it mean to be a man, /adv/? A good man. I'm trying to learn.
>>
To be man, you need to show masculine qualities. This is only the first step. Personality needs to be compassionate but also aggressive in certain conditions. Watch movies that portray father and son relationships, focus on the qualities the father has and work off that. Hope this helps.
>>
>>18292902
It means many things, young man.
Each anon will post something that makes them manly.
>Being a good man means that you make personal sacrifices for your future prosperity.
>>
Nobody gives a fuck. Men wanna be women, everyone hates men. The world is fucked.
>>
>>18292902
Be like the people you admire in books, movies, and TV. Everyone may admire different qualities, but you pick who you look up to.

Eventually why you look up to them becomes clear, until then just ask yourself "What would the Rock do". Then suplex your teacher.

Good luck Anon!
>>
just do the next right thing and try not to care too much about what others think about it.

Being a man isnt being a good father anymore, its a terrible time to have kids.

Its not about being a husband either, all relationships are temporary and marriage is just a status until one of you gets bored and leaves.

It's not about being tough. You're not a warrior.

Its not about chivalry either. That shits long dead, you're lucky if a woman doesnt sue you for holding a door open.
>>
>>18292952
You sound jaded as hell.
I mean, right too, but jaded as hell.

You could become a warrior, if you wanted OP. But shits over-rated. Military sucks take my word. Make good friends there blow up interesting places though. Neways, read more books. Then go out and do the things the people in your books would do.

Like starting a fight club.
>>
These are all good answers, and I'm thankful for each of your perspectives. I don't want to interrupt the flow of opinions, as I like to listen to everyone, so I'll monitor this thread.

What else is there to being a man?
>>
Being independent and stable that
others can rely on you.
living your life by your own code.
>>
>>18293022
How can I become someone reliable? Emotionally?
>>
>>18292902
It mans do whatever women say. Actually it means do whatever you want.
>>
Read Musashi
>>
Learn how to fight, be aggressive, don't take shit.

Also, realize nobody ever becomes a man and that nobody gives a shit.
>>
File: platon2.png (233KB, 700x430px) Image search: [Google]
platon2.png
233KB, 700x430px
A man is as the man wills it.

First ask yourself who the man is. But look, not into other men, look into philosophy. Read Platos republic.

Then, if you wish (because its your fucking choice and not a requirement), you can worry about ''defining it''.
>>
>>18292902
As a man you should try to do what you want.

If obstacles get in the way, they either shouldn't be there, or you need to get around them.

And you need to rely on yourself. You can't trust always people to do a nice thing for you, but you can always trust yourself.
>>
>>18293185
>Plato's Republic
>Not a book about some crazy fucking idiot going on about his model government to control the barbarism of man by just making the government tyrannical as hell and destroying as hell and oh by the way fuck that family unit duuuuuuud we need to separate kids from their parents and get them in the schools

You are objectively retarded if you think Plato > Aristotle.

As for the OP in question, being a man is about taking risks. There's a lot of ways to rephrase that I've found, stepping out of your comfort zone, not being afraid of failure, etc. But to me, a man is someone who takes risks for what they want, and never, ever, ever, gives up, no matter how many times they fall.
>>
>>18293114
Sort out or create a system to deal with your emotional problems. Reading books on philosophy is also a plus, I found Stoicism very appealing in its principles and ideology. Your emotional problems are really just a product of the morals and principles you live by, adopting a new outlook can often solve them.
>>
>>18292902
Read The Way of Men by Jack Donovan. You're asking the wrong question and I can only assume you have the wrong assumptions
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.