[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /adv/, looking for legal advice, more or less. Clipped some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1474190855053.jpg (441KB, 900x895px) Image search: [Google]
1474190855053.jpg
441KB, 900x895px
Hi /adv/, looking for legal advice, more or less.

Clipped some dudes car as I was trying to overtake him illegally yesterday.

Tried to flee, but he chased me and was filming me, and got my license plate number.

I have already received a missed call from a private number which I am 99% certain is the police. It's only a matter of time before they come knocking, and i'm scared... :/

My plan is just to deny, deny, deny. This dude has no evidence and there is hardly a scratch on my car, all of the black scrape marks buffed out with a bit of toothpaste.

My question is, how likely am I to be fucked by the long arm of the law?

Regards,
Anon.
>>
He does have evidence as per your post, and I'm quoting "he was filming me".
This is considered a hit and run. Or at the very least, road rage. There could also be a wreckless driving charge as well. Just get a lawyer and if the lawyer is decent, can plea you out to minimal charges. And it may not even come to court. You may just be handed a fat ticket and have to pay for damages to other parties vehicle. This is the most likely scenario if this is the first time you've ever been in trouble.
Look dude, just be a man, take your licks and learn a very good lesson. You will get over this. You are young and have an entire life ahead of you to become a better person. And for the love of god, drive like a sane human being.
If you don't mind my asking, why did you do this overtaking and take off? You have insurance right?
>>
>>18292738
You're a woman, aren't you?
>>
>>18292738
>This dude has no evidence
But you said he was filming you...?

>there is hardly a scratch on my car
But there is still a scratch?

>all of the black scrape marks buffed out with a bit of toothpaste.
You trying to remove the evidence is evidence in and of itself.
>>
>>18293333
Might be the other guy just has video evidence of himself chasing the man he claims hit him.
I'd talk to a lawyer if I were OP.

And then stop driving like a fucking retard/being such a shitty human being.
>>
>>18292738
Dangerous driving
Illegal overtaking
Hit-and-run
Leaving the scene of an accident
Attempting to evade
Tampering with evidence

-Yeah, I'd say you're pretty well-and-truly fucked.
>>
>>18293482
Pretty much this, plus being filmed.

You should just come forward and admit it OP, lying about it will fuck you even harder. Oh and as for buffing out the mark, they have ways of checking what's happened to it. A car detailer told me about how easy it is to spot paint/crash damage and all the tools to do it back when I bought a preowned car with supposedly no crashes in its history.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.