[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've just been told fish are poisonous because they contain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 568357876.png (126KB, 464x170px) Image search: [Google]
568357876.png
126KB, 464x170px
I've just been told fish are poisonous because they contain mercury and someone who loved fish almost died. I also love eating fish (especially seafood) and try to eat at least twice or more per week.

Am I going to die?
>>
>>18291789
>Am I going to die?

Of course.
>>
Yes you are so might as well kill yourself right now
Seriously can't you google this stuff you idiot?
>>
>>18291801
No. I wanna make a thread about it

Why are you offensive, a fish wouldn't talk to me like that
>>
>>18291789
>Am I going to die?
Eventually.
>>
Not just mercury, you are also constantly building up microplastic in your body by eating fish. Our bodies can't break it down so it just gathers and goes through our blood stream.
>>
Depends on the fish.

The mercury comes from stuff we have put into the water. it's absorbed by things on the bottom of the food chain, like plants and plankton. Fish eat those and absorb it in higher concentrations because they are eating it more concentrated from the flesh of animals that have absorbed it than from the water itself. Then some fish eat -those- fish and aborb it in even higher concentrations. Fish at the top of the food chain, such as swordfish, have the highest levels because they have absorbed the most concentrated levels of mercury.

If you want to eat fish more often, pick fish that aren't top-tier food chain. You can also try going for farmed fish, which is better for the environment anyways by reducing depletion of wild populations that are already struggling and preventing bycatch.
>>
>>18291814
>>18291819
Plenty of food even labeled as healthy isn't actually healthy and I've heard about these traces of mercury in fish but I never thought it could get extreme and you could actually poison yourself in a few years and end up very sick.
>>
>>18291828

the word "healthy" as well as any other kind of "patended super health MAX" system actually have now legal properties that need to be adhered to. In other words, most health related labels have as much promise as someone of the street guaranteeing you that his homemade pickles are a "superfood" (also a fucking marketing goldmine word btw)
>>
>>18291789
It's 2017. You have the internet. You can't be this willfully ignorant. Jesus fuck
>>
>>18291789
Like almost everything else that it's supposedly dangerous to eat, the mercury in fish might kill you if you ate nothing but fish, and in great quantities, for decades. So some fat Japanese fishermen might be in trouble.
>>
>>18291789

Twice a week is fine, even recommended. The health benefits are far greater than the risks. Then mercury is only a real issue for pregnant women and people who eat fish daily or multiple times a day.
>>
File: 550px-MercuryFoodChain.svg.png (100KB, 550x640px) Image search: [Google]
550px-MercuryFoodChain.svg.png
100KB, 550x640px
>>18291789
Here

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercury_in_fish

Tldr it takes A LOT OF fish to die from mercury poisoning.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.