[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 25 years old and to this day still haven't had

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: 1493630320855.jpg (12KB, 252x212px) Image search: [Google]
1493630320855.jpg
12KB, 252x212px
I'm 25 years old and to this day still haven't had a job, nor do I have an education. I moved out from my parents at age 18, rent easily paid by the high gibsmedat income we're eligible for in Denmark. I stayed on gibs until age 24, at which point I decided I wanted to finish high school (for which we're also paid) hoping I'd find out what to do with myself in the meantime. I'm nearing the end of it now though, and I'm every bit as clueless as I've always been. But being back in school has taught me that I'm not meant for academia. Even high school level is a struggle for me. I simply don't have the discipline for it and I spend an extremely long time trying to comprehend the texts I'm reading.
I just want a decent job and live a quiet life, but I'm dead scared of getting a job. I can't imagine doing anything, anywhere, where I'd be worth my salary. Hell, I think I'd be a waste of space even doing volunteer work.
Apart from crippling performance anxiety, I don't have any mental or medical issues. I'm physically /fit/, I'm not a complete social spaz, I don't drink/smoke/do drugs, and I don't have any horrible deformities. But none of that is something I can put on a resumé, nothing I am or have done is something I can put on a resumé. I have absolutely no fortes, no skills, nothing I can do anything with, nothing I enjoy doing besides lifting and vidyas.

Some things I wanna rule out
>Working with kids
>Working with old senile fucks
>Working in a fast food joint
>Working as a waiter
>Working as a fucking phone salesman
>Working in a supermarket
Did that last one for about half a year while I was on gibs, as part of the program. It was mind-numbingly boring, and even though they didn't pay me I felt like I was an inconvenience. I didn't know what to do, had to bug the regular employees for tasks to do because I couldn't figure it out for myself.

Like I said, I just want a nice and quiet life: Go to work, go home, lift weights and play vidyas.
Any ideas?
>>
It's not that you're not meant for academia mate, it's that you're a lazy piece of shit who refuses to work. It's not complicated. You're soft, weak and lazy. That's all there is to it. You're shit.
>>
>>18290704
>Some things I wanna rule out
You're not in a position where you are entitled to rule out anything.
>>
>>18290704
Maybe try for an apprenticeship or traineeship? You learn on the job, so it's not quite as mind numbing but it's not exactly academic either.
>>
>>18290718
OP's too much of a whiny bitch to do that. He's got a work ethic problem
>>
>>18290721
To call something that doesn't exist in OP's life problematic is a bit useless.
>>
>>18290721
OP said that he was bugging regular employees for tasks to do when working at a supermarket. I got the impression that he needed more structure and direction rather then him having an outright work ethic problem. But he is rather bloody picky about the jobs he'll do.
>>
>>18290727
That's a really positive way to look at it so that's very, very nice of you. However the reason that usually happens is because putting in the effort to make a decision and look for something to fix is too much for a lazy person. The whole reason they're piece of shit is because they're not going to work, they're lazy, so why would they actively figure out what needs to be done on their own? Not only is that work in and of itself but it might actually be successful and he might find something that needs to be done which in turn means he'll have to do it! More work! Fuck that.

That's why he bugged the guys, he tried to do as little as possible and annoy them as much as possible so they just shoo him off. He's a faggot.
>>
>>18290712
You're not wrong. If I could choose between unlimited money and slaving my life away at a job, then I know what I'd choose. Given that's not really an option, I'm trying to figure out what's realistic for me. Why do you think I came to /adv/?

>>18290713
I'm ruling them out because I won't be able to maintain them. I'd rather not get myself into something I know for certain I'll get fired from.

>>18290718
Makes sense, I'll look into it. Thanks, Anon.

>>18290730
That's definitely not what went through my head at the time, but maybe that's what I was doing subconsciously.
>>
>>18290733
You're not born with an ability to do things. You're not born with the perseverence to maintain them either. You do it by realizing it has to be done, and over many months and then many years you learn how to persevere.

You're 25. 25! And you still haven't had a real job and haven't done anything consistently. You have less mental fortitude than a high-schooler you fucking idiot. Do you realize that? That's not something you were born with, that's a conscious decision you did because you don't want to work. Lazy cunt.
>>
>>18290735
I never claimed someone's born with their abilities, so I don't know where you're getting that from. And yes, I'm very well aware of my shortcomings, that's why I made this thread. I was looking for advice on how to improve myself, not for some faggot to spout a bunch of shit I've told myself a thousand times over.

I don't care if I have to dig holes or carry heavy shit day in and day out. I'll bust my ass for shit pay if it means building discipline. I just wanna know how I go about getting there, who do I talk to, how do I land a slave job like that? But you, you wanna be as unhelpful as can fucking be. Literally kys.
>>
>>18290733
I was giving him the benefit of the doubt.

>>18290733
You don't necessarily have to maintain these jobs, you just have to get one. All of those jobs you listed are entry level jobs, get one and then move upwards, or outwards. I personally started in aged care and have worked my way into a public health job with no old people in sight.
>>
I don't see the point in coming to an advice board to call someone a piece of shit. What are you hoping to accomplish by tearing OP down?
>>
>>18290738
That's not what you said in the beginning but fair game.

A labouring job shouldn't be too hard. I don't know what denmark has in terms of regulations but there should be some sort of card or exam you need to pass for health and safety. Get that then go on https://dk.indeed.com/ and look up that specific card name. In the UK we have something called the CSCS card. If one were to type in "CSCS" on indeed.co.uk then one would get a fuckload of jobs requiring labourer with that specific qualification.

Do that. It should be easily doable from home.

If you don't want that then go for an IT job. Look up the Comptia A+ and N+ exams. Take those then look for entry level positions in IT. You'll be bored in those too but at least you'll get to vidya. Look up courses either on youtube or on torrenting websites. Or get an apprenticeship that will help you get those.

Or be a tradesman, there's a ton of money and fun to be had in those. Again, look up apprenticeships on that.

Now you made me type all that out which is basic common knowledge. You and I both know I typed this for nothing cuz you ain't gonna do SHIT.

>>18290740
That's for me to know and for you to fuck off.
>>
u need to get up your lazy ass and work
>>
>>18290742
Basic common knowledge for everyone else, perhaps, but not for me. That's the most helpful and informative advice I've ever had on the subject. So thanks.
>>
>>18290753
No prob familia.

An anon mentioned care, you can go for care too. There should be loads of support worker jobs and shit like that. Work with retards or old people. You're male and from what you're saying fit. That field is swimming with pussy so they'll give you a job no problem just because of the penis shortage. Say stuff like you love helping, know the importance of listening and are good with computers. Want to actively participate in helping improve the life of others and other such shit. Those are the only qualifications you need.

Shit's gay though. Personally I think you should go for IT, it's a very lazy field but it's a sausage party. Or be a labourer. Pick heavy shit up, put heavy shit done. It's good fun.
>>
>>18290755
All right, sounds like applying for a job in care and doing IT courses is something I could do over the summer. Manual labor sounds good though, I'll definitely be looking into that, see if anyone's willing to take me on.
>>
>>18290773
Carpentry or truck driver are jobs that anons usually shill here, maybe it's a meme but I think you can go for it.
>>
>>18290773
Work in the laundry at a hospital, that's good steady work. Care work is also good. Hospitals are full of laborers. If you're capable of talking to a person, they'll even have you work Transpo.
>>
>>18290704
An Hero before it gets any worse.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.