[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the etiquette in dating a former high school acquaintances

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 523521.jpg (3MB, 3200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
523521.jpg
3MB, 3200x1800px
What is the etiquette in dating a former high school acquaintances ex girlfriend? Never really been in a situation where a "friend" I have on facebook is going to be exposed to my new relationship and its with his ex. Should I remove him first? Should I let him know? Should I just ignore it all?

He's also the kind of guy that would likely comment something, probably in sarcasm.

This is one of the reasons I hate facebook, but its necessary in this day and age.
>>
You know you could just not put it on Facebook?
>>
>>18290635
Is he someone you talk to normally in the course of your day/have any sort of friendly relationship with?

>yes
Probably should give him a heads up if you value that relationship. Some guys take bros before hos seriously and as much as you may like this girl, a heads up is the least a friend deserves.

>no
Then why the fuck do you care what he thinks? If he's a casual acquaintance/facebook """"""""""friend"""""""""" you don't really care about his feelings anyway.

>I hate facebook, but its necessary
No, no it isn't, the fact that you think it is speaks to your intelligence.
>>
>>18290635
It is a former high school acquaintance, not your friend, so I don't think you should give him explanation or stress over it anyway. Just do what you do and if he starts commenting or being annoying unfriend him.
>>
>>18290641

Yeah, but it will be apparent in other ways, photos/posts/comments etc.

And also I have never initiated a relationship change on facebook, it has always been the girl, so if she asks if I want to I don't really have a good reason to say no.
>>
>>18290646

Since high school ended 9 years ago I have seen him once or twice, we've exchanged birthday messages on facebook, played a game or two here and there, liked each others shit etc. Just a friendly acquaintance I've kept around on my account among 50 or so others of the same nature.

>No, no it isn't

I'm at university and it makes it a lot easier to communicate and make connections, not to mention group work. Most people aren't fans of email/text/phone calls so its the alternative. Its also the main form of contact all of my friends and family use to organise events/hang out. It might not be 100% necessary but to say its not convenient would be a lie.
>>
>>18290646
>>18290666

I also forgot to mention that you're right I don't value the relationship at all, I just haven't been in this situation before and wanted to know if there was something I should be doing. My plan was to do nothing and delete him if he's disrespectful, and that seems to be the consensus here.
>>
>>18290666
>necessary
>convenient

Learn the difference satan. PS, anyone who exclusively communicates to you through facebook, probably doesn't actually give a shit about you. Facebook is a grotesque psychological experiment to exploit people's emotions and interpersonal connections for ad revenue.

Stop it.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.