[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>go to college >get 3 year meme diploma >employers dont

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: diploma-en.jpg (65KB, 420x264px) Image search: [Google]
diploma-en.jpg
65KB, 420x264px
>go to college
>get 3 year meme diploma
>employers dont seem to give a fuck
>feel like i just wasted my time

how hard would it be to just put down on my resume that i have a bachelors degree? do employers even verify that shit? what are the repercussions if i were to get found out?
>>
>how hard would it be to just put down on my resume that i have a bachelors degree?
Really simple

> do employers even verify that shit?
Depends on the position that you are applying for, if for example you are applying for a call center agent most of the time they won't care. But if it's a position as a supervisor or management they do check those things more thoroughly

>what are the repercussions if i were to get found out?
Depends on your position, if you are just another grunt for the company they won't care, if you somehow managed to get into management they will probably fire you and blacklist you.
>>
>>18289702
>if you somehow managed to get into management they will probably fire you and blacklist you.
He could potentially be sued for fraud too.
>>
>>18289705
i could understand that if it was a really high paying job and they gave me an expense account and flew me all over the place to do shit but what if i just wanted a low tier office job where a shuffle papers all day?

seems like even a 35k a year job wants a fucking degree even if the degree is not in a related field.
>>
>>18289705
this is going by a conversation that I had with my roommate (she works in HR). Usually when you are applying for a low-tier job most of Hr don't bother checking you out since it's a waste of time. usually they go by how good you seemed on the interview.

When you want to apply for a management position they check everything form the number of jobs that you've had, insurance, debt and if you have some sort of BA degree. Unless he specifically forges a Bachelor's out of those fake diploma websites there is no way they can get him for fraud since he won't be in the system. everybody pretty much lies on their resume but it only matters once you are trying to climb up the corporate ladder.
>>
>>18289718
ok i can live with that. im not expecting a great job since i dont have any relevant experience.

i just want to get away from customer service because ive been doing that all my life.
>>
>>18289689
If it's a good job they're gonna check. It's one think to fluff that resume for shit they can't verify like calling a fucking baby sitting job like a management job or some shit, but a whole fucking 4 year degree, lol nice try, they'll send you packing, don't think you can go around saying you've done something that big without actually having done it
>>
>>18289735
i just want to push papers. im not trying to be a manager or ceo. if i was a woman or minority my diploma wouldve been good enough since my female classmates are already working desk jobs.

what is the minimum paygrade in north america for a job to be considered "good"?
>>
In the States, they now have a national website to verify the conferment of degrees - they don't trust people bringing on physical transcripts anymore - and perhaps for good reason. They just have to punch in your name and birthday or something, and your college information will pop up. You can put whatever you want on your resume, but if it's a legitimate job, then they will check.
>>
>>18289745
im in canada.
>>
>>18289743
A wage you could make a savings account with is a good job. I think you take a lot of risk for little reward, what you're doing is very stupid.
>>
>>18289743
Depends a lot on the state, I consider 34$/h good enough.
>>
>>18289769
im just aiming for 15$

>>18289763
either i get paid or they find out and i lose my job and i go back to wage slaving. so either i make some money or i make 0. idgaf.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.