[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do I really need to join fraternities or network if I already

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1489410033269.png (833KB, 683x1049px) Image search: [Google]
1489410033269.png
833KB, 683x1049px
Do I really need to join fraternities or network if I already have family members that can put in a good word for me in my future job field? My STEM professors keep stressing this but I don't see a point. Degree is in microbiology and field is lab work at hospital, diagnostics, or crim. Have family in all of those. I unironically don't care about having/making friends and just want a degree and stable job.
>>
>>18289451
No, but it wont hurt you anyway.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fraternity

>dont care about friends
What is your master plan? To die alone? Gf?
>>
>>18289509
Die alone. I want to for artistic/spiteful purposes.
>>
>>18289545
Look in r9k and b. That is what happens to people who tried to
>die alone
You simply cant. You will go mad before that. Even the biggest robots are on 4chan to socialize.

Think hard about what you really want from life. It is ok to admit yourself that you dont really know. You have to sort of grow up to realize that. And ability to legally buy alcohol doesnt mean you are mature adult yet.

Good luck op!
>>
>>18289561
And you're are many people who are alone and don't go mentally insane, they are content. Don't scare people out of what they want
>>
>>18289565
Our brains are made to socialize. Some needs this more (extroverts?) than others, but the need is still there.

Even if you claim you just go to work and then spend rest at home, you still talk with coworkers and probably do many others things (like being here) to socialize with others.

>content
Maybe, but it doesnt change the fact that the long term issue (loneliness) will only get worse. And it can be very hard to actually re learn socialization when all your social contacts went cold and you even forget the ability to have small talk after years being content with your situation.

And honestly i dont believe op knows for sure what he wants when he is anime poster in uni :-)
>>
>>18289592
What are you even trying to say? Op isn't saying he wants to drop out and be a neet, he's just saying he doesn't want to make friends at this stage in his life and just wants to clock in at his job and clock out, whatever happens in that time is OK but he won't take it home with him.

You know. The thing you JUST stated was OK to do and healthy.
>>
>>18289602
To me op sounded like future resident of r9k. That is all. We need his feedback, not yours :-)
>>
>>18289610
All he he said was that he'd rather not do Greek life
>>
>>18289613
Except here
>>18289545

Stop talking for op. I bet he was just master troller anyway and we both got caught.
>>
>>18289618
And he only said that because he got a strange 2 choice ultimatum type question
>>
>>18289451
You don't need either if you have actual skills.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.