[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going to college to get a degree I don't really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: sakurafish.jpg (22KB, 301x320px) Image search: [Google]
sakurafish.jpg
22KB, 301x320px
I'm going to college to get a degree I don't really want! I have no friends ! Haha!

Should I keep going?
>>
If you don't want the degree then no. You're just wasting your time.
>>
>>18289458
What else would I do?
It's a joke degree from clown college. I lose more friends by the semester due to drop outs. Most if not all people still here are intolerable.
>>
>>18289458
>>18289465

At this point I'm at a level where I've reached a certaim degree of growing up and have come to a place in my life where I don't know what else to do and am scared to make any decision but if my scholarships and grants were randomly taken away and I was forced to drop out I wouldn't mourn
>>
File: 1477150152169.jpg (230KB, 540x513px) Image search: [Google]
1477150152169.jpg
230KB, 540x513px
Having any kind of degree can put you on a lot of different career paths, anon.

Is it a Bachelor's at least? Any kind of Bachelor's degree will open a lot of doors for you. For example, you can teach English overseas with any kind of Arts degree. China and Korea are both easy places to find work in this capacity.

If you're getting good grades, keep going. A high GPA will also open doors for you.

t. lawyer with a Philosophy degree who spent a year teaching overseas
>>
As for friends, join some campus clubs. There are a lot of people with "no friends" on campus simply because they come from out of town. It's a great place to meet people.
>>
What degree?
>>
>>18289537
I don't want to be friends with these people, I've tried clubs and I don't click with the culture here. The people I liked have stopped out.
>>18289542
>>18289534
Computer science
I have an associates in arts, but am a first year
>>
>>18289534
Also my school doesn't have a GPA
>>
Soon you're going to realize you're empty
>>
>>18289630
Hahaha. How can that ever happen
>>
>>18289448
Well what do you want in life?
>>
>>18289656
A comfortable quiet life with a small circle of friends, room with good friend, become good at a video game on a competing level

Enough money to support living in the equivalent of a small dorm room
>>
>>18289660
Sounds comfy desu
Good luck OP
>>
>>18289660
You can have that while doing anything for a living. Unless you mean you wanna play videogames for a living.
>>
>>18289679
I don't care about getting money from the video game, I guess its just an autistic drive to be good and compete.

I don't really know what else I'd do other than go to college, I mean I'm already signed up and attending with a good scholarship deal so taking a step to do anything else is a risk, and also I'd disappoint my mother who had to deal with my older brother also dropping out. I'm also not doing poorly in any classes
I'm just sort of passively going through this at this point with no real drive to do anything with my degree or as you noticed any real reason to need the money from that degree
>>
>>18289688
please kys
>>
>>18289448
are you fishchan????
>>
>>18289669
Is it
>>
File: 1421244257103.jpg (36KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1421244257103.jpg
36KB, 250x250px
>>18289448
I'm in the exact same situation, OP!
>>
>>18290151
Nope
>>
>>18289688
how pretentious
>>
>>18289448
fuck no! get out as soon as you can, take a trip, meet new people but above all CHOOSE A NEW PATH
talking on personal experience
>>
If you're young and not locked down to a job yet, I would view this as an opportunity to experiment and figure out what you really want, or what you can really put up with. This is going to be harder the older you get, so carpe that fucking diem.
>>
>>18292253
>>18292258
>telling op to ruin his life
>>
>>18292417
Experimenting could honestly boil down to joining different clubs or taking different classes.
>>
I would suggest going through it anyway. I was in the exact position this last semester as well. I was friendless and too autistic to talk to people so I hated going to classes. I was miserable and just wanted to go back to the minimum-wage job I was taking before. I decided to just stick with it since my grades weren't bad and it's literally just a matter of time until I get my shitty degree. I submitted my application to graduate a week ago and am now glad that I weathered though it.
>>
>>18292440
>>18292440
What if my grades are pretty bad?
In a scale from 1 to 10 I'm a 7.9 (differente system from USA)
>>
>>18292452
So 7,9/10 is bad?
>>
>>18292482
Not thaaaat bad, but still mediocre. Honestly, my grades are depressing and I feel I'm in my boring career just because I don't know what else to do.
>>
>>18289458
This. Don't waste your time, I've been there. Going to college just to learn "anything" is useless bullshit
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.