[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I´m doing a "sure degree", I mean, I´m studying Administration,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

I´m doing a "sure degree", I mean, I´m studying Administration, somethg that will provide me a work in the future, on the other hand, I´m good at drawing and I´ve been going to an academy art for sometime, I´m thinking of changing my current stuides in administration to art studies, but that´s a great risk, nothing asures you to get a work in the future with arts, doing both just delay my time to start to earn money.
>>
You need a degree to work administration

You don't need a degree to work art.

Nothing says a man can't study administration but devote all his free time to art

I don't understand the modern obsession of "major in your hobby"
>>
>>18289441
But no one hire an "artist" with a degree in administration, I mean, I don´t want to work administrating a business or giving advice about it, my marks in my exams can prove it.
>>
>>18289453
No, they hire an artist with a good portfolio who is professional with a good personality
>>
Do some networking. Meet people in the fields that you want to go into. Send some emails around and see if the people with jobs you'd like to have are willing to meet with you and chat. You might be surprised how many will have coffee with you. People love to talk about themselves, after all. And successful people tend to love giving advice.

If you see a light at the end of the tunnel with Administration, instead of "I'll get A job," it might encourage you to work more at it. If not, well, study something you love and at least get good grades.

There's actually a lot of work out there (in the public sector, for instance) where they'll hire you with any kind of degree to do unrelated work, just because having any degree proves that you meet a certain minimum qualification.

I'd say think harder about where you might end up on either path, try to research the job markets involved in each a little bit, and then do some thinking about whether a career in art is feasible enough and exciting enough for you to dedicate yourself to, or vice versa.
>>
>>18289424
I'd say similar to what everyone else is saying.

You can always get a job being an artist with a degree in admin. You will NEVER get a job in admin with an arts degree.

Getting experience for a job is not always about doing what you are most passionate about. But rather what is stable and you are confident you can make a living doing. BUT you should ALWAYS bring your passions with you, even if they dont align with a stable job. Dont abandon them because your job is different.

How far along are you?
>>
>>18289546
>You will NEVER get a job in admin with an arts degree.

Don't mean to contradict you anon, but you can get an administrative job without any degree.
>>
An art degree isn't bad, as someone who pursued it, you can get a job in art easily, in graphic design and shit like that. You can make the video games you play or you can work as the key artist on movies (the person who draws out the shots the director wants to make)

And at the same time as you do something commercial like that, you can start submitting to galleries and shit and after a while to get an agent (hard) that is something you would definitely need an art degree from like risd to obtain off the bat, i think

also if it's like acting like me, i'm learning, if you want to be successful and be a hollywood cunt, you have to have an acting mfa from a good as shit school because that's where all the agents flock, even if you got zero experience, so i'm currently trying to go back to school to move that career along
>>
>>18289552
Yeah i kinda realized that as i wrote it. You certainly can be a receptionist and work your way up to admin duties withe experience. But you are much more socially mobile to work not only in admin immediately but also in many fields. If you work your way up at an optometrists office, you will likely only be able to transfer that to working admin in other optometrist jobs whereas with a general admin degree you can work in a multitude of fields not as tied to your experience.
>>
Op maybe consider another sure degree ?

Economics, statistics, marketing, etc
Do any of these things interest you

You could be a marketing artist for example
>>
>>18289424
>sure degree
>administration

lemao
>>
You know you're studying something that's going to get you a job that an 18 year old kid with a high school diploma can get, right?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.