[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I help symptoms of depression with out medication? Every

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0786.jpg (173KB, 439x550px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0786.jpg
173KB, 439x550px
How can I help symptoms of depression with out medication?

Every time I come home from uni, I lose all motivation to do anything and generally feel like shit.
I want to see a doctor to get my hormone levels checked since I think I'm low test.

What do?
>>
eat better and exercise more
>>
>>18289264

You should avoid medication. Meds are a fine for a short term treatment but are often only gonna hurt you in a long time run. At least from my experience.

You need to be a little bit more especific what you do in your life but >>18289289 is correct. How are your grades? Do you like what you are studying? Do you have any hobbies? If you really think it's something chemical (which probably isn't btw), there are other ways to help you feel better.
>>
>>18289331

>At least from my experience.

And how do you feel your experience, by comparison, measures up to the collective experience of psychiatric/medical professionals who have dedicated decades of their life to studying, diagnosing and treating clinical depression?

Just curious.
>>
>Without medication

Usually keeping your hands busy and do stuff you like or find something you like. Talk to people if you find yourself isolating yourself in unhealthy ways.
>>
File: 1445929737796.jpg (219KB, 1224x1445px) Image search: [Google]
1445929737796.jpg
219KB, 1224x1445px
>>18289345
Not the poster your replying to but dont come on this board if you going to be a sassy bitch the anon who replied im sure was just trying to give you some advice (hence the name of the board) based on his own experiences
>>
>>18289289
Already eating properly and working out about 6 days a week.
>>18289331
Just finished my first year and got semi decent grades, nothing lower than a C. Haven't gotten into my majors studies yet but I'm generally enjoying college. I don't have any hobbies outside of weightlifting and vidya and haven't been able to find anything I'm interested in. I'm a /fit/fag so being on that board got me thinking that testosterone level might be the reason. I've been diagnosed with depression by a psychiatrist and have taken zoloft before but I want to see if my problems stem from something other than strictly depression.
>>18289358
My isolation is beyond my control when I'm in my hometown. I live in a very rural, middle-of-nowhere town and any friends I've had have joined the military or moved away.
>>
>>18289392
That's not OP, if that's what you thought.
>>
File: 1473403833284.jpg (35KB, 358x336px) Image search: [Google]
1473403833284.jpg
35KB, 358x336px
Have you thought about doing something creative? I was depressed a lot in university but then I started writing a novel. Probably nobody will ever read it, but the whole act of learning about creative writing, planning out a hypothetical world, dreaming up characters, and so on, really cheered me up and gave me something to look forward to every day.

Another thing, you sound like a pretty busy person. Do you make plans? This could be things like going to concerts, going on vacation, et cetera. A way to stay positive is to give yourself things to look forward to. Then you won't be dreading tomorrow all the time, like "oh I have a deadline coming up" or something. Instead you'll be thinking "two more weeks till my Justin Bieber concert!" or something. It helps a lot.

Good luck anon, depression is a bitch.
>>
>>18289345

I understand that the studies involved in this but good psychiatrists don't want you to take the meds for long periods of time. I've talked with a lot of them and the ones that actually care, talk with the patient, understand what they are doing wrong and start counselling them, or ask feedback from psychologists. But you also have the battle between psychologists and psychiatrists, that's another story

>>18289445

And how is your social life? Do you hang out with other people? The questions are just for you too reflect. One thing you can try is listen those meditate videos on youtube and just relax. Sometimes it can help. Ask the question "for what" rather then "why" on situations of stress and depression. "Why am I depressed" gets replaced with "For what should I be depressed".
>>
Try The Mindful Way Through Depression.
It helps.
>>
>>18289264
Walkabout. Take a year off from school and travel.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.