[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Someone on my college course plagiarized work and presented it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: hh.jpg (54KB, 500x571px) Image search: [Google]
hh.jpg
54KB, 500x571px
Someone on my college course plagiarized work and presented it as their own. My friends didn't believe me till I showed them the original. should I report him to the course leader?
>>
>>18288818

Yes.
>>
>>18288818
Yes, absolutely
>>
>>18288818
Why would you ruin someone else's college career when it gives no benefit to you? Worry about yourself and leave that person alone. Ratting them out won't give you an A and will do nothing but make you an asshole.
>>
I would rat him out
>>
File: Ra-ra-rasputin.jpg (46KB, 635x390px) Image search: [Google]
Ra-ra-rasputin.jpg
46KB, 635x390px
>>18288950
>brainlets
>>
>>18288950
>Ruin his college career
He should have thought about that before cheating. Best case scenario is OP brings it up to the school and gets this guy expelled so that he can start working at McDonald's where he belongs
>>
Why be a snitch? Don't be a little cunt op. People who constantly suck the dick of authority are assholes
>>
>>18289002
I'm sure the guy had his reasons. Who are you to get involved in someone's life when the situation doesn't involve you in the slightest.

Even if this is a malicious person cheating their way through college. Unless it directly affected OP's chance of passing the class then he should keep his mouth shut.

OP gains nothing from telling the professor about this. The only outcome that happens is the cheaters life is ruined. Why go out of your way to make a stranger's life miserable?
>>
Snitches get stitches
>>
>>18289100
Fuck off, it's different when someone basically flips off their own kind and steals their work. That's the real asshole thing here because they know very well that their shit could cause trouble for the person they stole from.

>>18288818
First of all, consider the extent of the damage. How did the person come to possess your work? How much is it?
>>
>>18289368
It's not even op's work.
>>
>>18289368
It's not op's work
>>
>>18289371
>>18289372
Whoa, fast correction there.

I still want the details on this shit.
>>
>>18288818
Of course not you faggot snitch nigger
>>
Literally everyone has plagiarized something in uni, don't be an asshole or you'll regret it when you're on the chopping block
>>
>>18289383
>get the feeling my professor isn't reading papers
>copy and paste article for wikipedia
>turn it in
>get a 93 on it
In retrospect is was a pretty ballsy and dumb thing to do considering the consequences but I just had to know.
>>
>>18288818
Fuck him in the ass OP.

All the cheaters in this thread just want you to not do it because they want to keep their doormat brainy guys doing the work for them forever. It's socially unacceptable to snitch because they can peer pressure all the lowkey beta faggots to take it up the ass and just accept it.

You put effort into that thing and someone just sowed the benefits without moving a finger for them. Fuck that shit OP, he's gotta learn to fail with the sweat of his own work instead of succeeding by taking another's person effort

Have some self respect for yourself and the effort you put into that thing and fucking do it. Tell whoevers on charge
>>
File: 1486653111534.gif (896KB, 500x326px) Image search: [Google]
1486653111534.gif
896KB, 500x326px
>>18289418
I'm with Anon on this one, OP. I openly advertise cheating as an option to my HS students, but with a warning:

"You can brute force an assignment through hours of hard work, ace something in record time using an already keen intellect, or cheat...but I'll come down hard on you if I catch you."

I advertise cheating as an option to students because it is, albeit with a steep consequence. It's a skill like any other, and it's better to make your mistakes early while your still in Grade/Middle/High School. Even students with straight A+s [in a difficult curriculum] usually know when/how to cut corners.

That being said, I'm very VERY good at catching cheaters. I crave rapport, so I'm very keen about student's individual style and ability. If you want whats best for that student, OP, then you'll snitch on them. It's better that they get caught now while they're still in school as opposed to gainfully employed with mouths to feed. Thinking of it as a lesson in Common Sense Community College.
>>
>>18289511
You realize it's the same degree of life ruining if they're in school or work right ?
>>18289418
It's not ops work.
>>
>>18289513

On school no one cares.

On uni it's encouraged to take the fail instead of cheating, because kids who did nothing wrong need to learn how to fail and move on. It's not life ruining if it's just 1 or 2 times.

On work, depending on the work, if you can't take the fail and say you can't do it, you could end up risking lives. Imagine an engineer just copying some calculations because he couldn't do them and was too afraid and prideful of telling the boss that he needed help. The building goes wrong and it's all his fucking fault.

It's for the greater good.
>>
>>18289513
It is absolutely not the same degree of life ruining with the exception of SATs (USA), Grade 12 (Canada), Post-grad (anywhere), etc.
>>
>>18288818
yes. for sure
>>
>>18289675
get caught cheating in school
>kicked out
>often blacklisted
>basically everything you worked for is taken away
Cheating at work
>kicked out
>often blacklisted
>basically everything you worked for is taken away
>>
>>18288818
Report it. If you don't want to get involved do it anonymously.

This is not a victimless crime. The guy is stealing a good grade from someone else by affecting the curve, he is stealing a university place from some honest student who didn't get in, and he is stealing from every other student at the university because when he graduates and proves himself a loser in work, the reputation of the university will suffer.
>>
>>18290662
This. Also by cheating he is devaluing your own degree since when he is caught cheating the reputation of your university will go down. It is his first time he won't be kicked out and learn not to cheat.
>>
>>18289383
I've never plagiarized. That's dumb.
>>
Do iiiiiit. People like him need to be taught that there are consequences for cheating.

My pharmacy school caught a guy cheating on an exam, and it feels very good that he won't be walking with us, potentially harming patients with his lack of knowledge. You'll be taking out the trash and everyone will thank you for it.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.