[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /adv/, I was just wondering if anyone knows anything about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: lidl.jpg (39KB, 615x409px) Image search: [Google]
lidl.jpg
39KB, 615x409px
Hello /adv/, I was just wondering if anyone knows anything about trade law or can shine some light on my situation?

Recently I got fired from lidl via a set up and I was pretty much over it until I got a letter with my final paycheck saying that I owed the company £193. I phoned up payroll to ask what this was about and they explained that I banked a thing called 'undertime' and that I had been paid more than I had worked. I was confused as I have always worked every shift that I have been given and not missed or skipped any hour of work. I went to store I was fired from to question why this has happened and they told me because the hours were cut in the store, they have paid me my contracted hours (20 hours) but I have not actually worked those hours because of the cuts. They told me it would've worked out later in the month when it would've been balanced with an extra shift but because I was fired in the middle of the month it wasn't dealt with.

I had no formal reduction of hours, I would come in and see that I was working less hours a particular week and that was that. The area manager said he was going to send an email about this but yesterday I got another letter from the company saying they will take legal action if I don't start paying it back. I went into the store today and the same area manager then told me I just have to pay it back and that I have been paid hours that I didn't work but I explained that this can't hold up due to no one legally reducing my hours or having it in writing, I should still be paid my contracted hours and not owe them anything. He said he's gonna send another email and get back to me but he was really rude about it so I don't think it's going to do much.

I've looked at the contracts and they can legally request this undertime pay but I feel like it's an unfair situation based on the fact they fucked up and went about shit to cut hours for the store. I'd like any advice on this matter please! Am I in the wrong here?
>>
I left Lidl, got the same thing and ignored it. They never got in touch.
>>
>>18288708
Do you mind me asking how much you owed and how long ago this was? I just wanna figure out if I should ignore it or if it's too much of an amount to just waive off.
>>
>>18288716

I think it was about £600. Mine was for holidays so I probably legitimately owed it, but fuck it.

It would cost them more to chase it, unless they get an attachment of earnings. This was several years ago though so I don't know if they've got more hard-core over the years.
>>
>>18288724
The way they handled firing feels to me like they aren't gonna fuck around with this. I'm just annoyed they never mentioned this shit existing once.
>>
Hi anon.

You need to contact your local human rights tribunal. If you live in the States, just google it and you should find one. This is a public entity that can assist you in vindicating your employment rights. It may be as simple as filing a complaint with them against your employer who is trying to gyp you.

In particular, the circumstances of your firing are questionable. You might be able to leverage that against them by saying "listen, you drop this whole overpayment thing and I won't sue you for wrongful dismissal." But you'll need to research your rights a little bit first.

I would be more specific but unfortunately employment rights are usually very local and it depends on employment legislation in your state/province/whatever.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.