[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My boss threatens to shut down the store I work at constantly.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: what.png (87KB, 428x315px) Image search: [Google]
what.png
87KB, 428x315px
My boss threatens to shut down the store I work at constantly. I mean the guy flips his shit over spending on his own descions and generally has run the simplest venture right into the ground by bieng overly cheap. Our yogurt shops toppings are cheap and gross, the fruit is even sketchier, we almost failed health inspection because the guy was turning off the fridges at night letting excess bacteria form in the frozen yogurt. I'm in disbelief how much this guy can't see how much he's fucking his own business. I'm looking for a new job, only been here for 4 months. How do I deal with a verbally abusive owner that constantly does illegal shit to save money? Another problem is I originally was supposed to work 2 miles from my home but I got transfered to "manage" this other store. I get no extra pay for my promotion and I deliver supplies to and from stores including excess cash in the register. I've never worked for someone this shitty and I'm looking for advice on dealing with it. I'm generally really laid back and I work and do my job unlike most employees, so I usually rise pretty quickly. any advice besides suicide please lol.
>>
>>18288681
Oh and tldr how to deal with shitty boss
>>
>>18288681
If what he's doing is illegal, report him. If he promised you a raise, but you didn't get one, then you can probably report him too. Otherwise, nothing you can do about him running his business into the ground. I think you have the right idea by abandoning ship.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1493817098737.jpg (35KB, 720x798px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1493817098737.jpg
35KB, 720x798px
>>18288681
Pffffffffffft change companies he clearly has Winter in New York temperature IQ. Either you quit and find a better job or get fired, have a mark on your resume, and stuck out in the cold desperate to get a new job before you get fucked by bills.
>>
>>18288681
You might be able to get some kind of reward for whistleblowing, check it out. Also quit.

In the meantime, realize that any attacks he makes on you are worthless, as they are just a sign of some deeper set issue in him. If he's verbally abusive towards you I would buy a recorder and keep it on whenever you might run into him, just in case it escalates. Good luck.
>>
>>18288706
Is it even worth reporting things like that? Either way I'm definitely going to look into it
>>18288709
Yea, i'm saving cash in case of a bad transition. I'm glad others can see with just this how dumb he is.

For extra information it's 3 employees filling 18 shifts for each payroll. We have to close the store if one of us calls out. Owner is also egyptian and as stereotypical as it sounds, jewish.
>>
>>18288741
Thanks and I think the recorder is a brilliant idea, totally going to look into it
>>
Can you get a good work reference from anyone there? Even a coworker. If so, nail that down right away. Then take that and your work experience with you.

You can't get blood from a stone. If this guy is this hard up for cash then he might even be going bankrupt soon. You don't want to have to start chasing him down for your last paycheck.

Now, when you're looking for a new job, be honest with them that you were in a bad situation, but also keep in mind that people are reluctant to hire people who have a history of quitting. This will be a delicate hurdle for you. That's why a reference is so important.

If he's doing illegal things, DO NOT threaten to expose him in order to gain advantages. That is blackmail and you can actually get a criminal record for that.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.