[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I had a petty argument with my brother and in the middle of it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: FB_IMG_1492500840911.jpg (60KB, 720x963px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1492500840911.jpg
60KB, 720x963px
I had a petty argument with my brother and in the middle of it he burst out that "a bitch that like that should be beat up". He's only 16 and family, so on some level I feel like I should be forgiving. But I'm honestly furious. If a friend or even an SO threatened me with physical harm like that (not that I think he would have actually punched me) I would probably end any association, because physical violence is simply not okay on any level in my books. I'm usually very difficult to anger, but I told him that I have nothing else to say to him until he apologises. How much shit is one supposed to tolerate from family? Am I overreacting?
>>
>>18288450
You're underreacting, you should've slapped the little shit. Or at least made him materially less well off.
>>
>>18288450
>petty argument
feminine guile detected.
>>
>>18288531

It was literally about food and what spices should be used. I nagged at him, yes, and called his taste and cooking skills shit, but if that doesn't count as petty I don't know what does.
>>
>>18288534
I rustle up a mean meal myself and I'd be more offended by untimely remarks on my cooking than I would be by jokes at erectile dysfunction.

(btw, don't get your knickers in a twist, love, I wasn't being too serious earlier.)

he's your kid brother (how old are you anyways?)
advise, don't nag. he's not going to listen anyways if you take an overbearing tone. no wonder so many men don't want to do anything in the kitchen and then women are left to grumble about doing the cooking. a bit of encouragement will go a long way/ thanks.
>>
>>18288550

I'm 24. And yeah, I know I was condescending towards him which explains why he flipped, but it's difficult not to argue when someone insists that white pepper is white because is supposedly has garlic in it and won't accept otherwise. But I'm more concerned with what to do now. I felt like I'd somehow condone the whole beating up comment if I apologise first. I don't hold many strict principles but this zero tolerance to violence is definitely one of them. Plus I'm worried that if he talks to me like that, what's stopping him from talking like that to his gf or potential future wife, if actions have no consequences. But at the same time, it's not really my place to teach him morals or acceptable behaviour.
>>
>>18288570
you're 8 years older than the lad.
you sound like a sophisticated (not to say prissy) young lady.
you say you don't want to teach him morals, but you're taking the moral high ground here, miss, and it sounds like you're not that great with the youth either.

it seems to me we're dealing with 2 kids, and he has a better excise than you have. sorry to sound harsh.

i think a chat and cup of tea are in order, it's not a game of chicken here. if you wan him to learn the lesson you think he ought to have, then you're going to have to walk the talk yourself and explain yourself. give a bit, and you'll get a lot more in return if he sees you're looking out for him and not being a knobbish big sister/substitute mother.

also, at that age he probably (definitely) has a load of other shit going down, and he just took it out on you over nothing, so maybe don't take everything personally.

just my two cents. I don't mean to go hard on you.
good luck with the kid - and don't send him here!
>>
>>18288596

That's rather the problem, I don't remember what being 16 is like and what can/should be written off due to age and what is just unacceptable lack of manners. And I should have clarified, we did have a chat after the fight in which I told him that what he said wasn't okay at all, but that I'd apologise if he apologised. He told me to fuck off and that he had no intention to apologise first. That's why I told him I had nothing to say to him until he apologised properly. I probably did it too soon after the fight and he was still angry, but I really didn't want to sit on that family dinner while still angry at each other. Now I'm frankly too proud to go for a second round.
>>
>>18288665
yeah, I know, anonette. too soon, too angry, not going to float.

hence the cup of tea and a quiet chat.

if you think this is bad, wait til you have kids yourself (or worse: a manchild for a partner.)

be gentle with the lad, even if he escalates, hormones and all that. try being non-judgmental if he does , it's safe to say there's more than pepper and garlic at issue here.

go on, be a good sis and do the right thing.
>>
File: Seriously.gif (25KB, 164x200px) Image search: [Google]
Seriously.gif
25KB, 164x200px
>>18288450
>i was being a bitch and got called a bitch
>why is my family so hurtful and mean
>>
>>18288693

Name calling isn't the issue here. Being called a bitch is fine, when I act like a bitch. Threatening, wishing or implying physical violence upon a family member or any loved one isn't fine, as far as I'm concerned, no matter the circumstances. That's the issue: is this an unreasonable expectation to have towards immediate family?
>>
File: really.jpg (124KB, 691x680px) Image search: [Google]
really.jpg
124KB, 691x680px
>>18288702
How old are you that you've never had someone "threaten" you. People say shit like that all the time and family is no exception if you're an asshole.
>>
>>18288714

I've stated my age in an earlier post. I'm sort of sorry for you anon, if it's everyday for you that people say shit like that. It's probably a case of different world views, but to me that's the one thing that is never done and I've never had a family member or a friend do anything similar. Joking about violence is one thing, but implying anything of the sort in anger is a different story where I come from.
>>
File: Miles of Nat smiles.jpg (36KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
Miles of Nat smiles.jpg
36KB, 800x533px
>>18288740
>getting pity from somone whose brother wants to kill them
Man new low even for me lol.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.