[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I realize this sounds like petty high school garbage, which is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1351128260170.jpg (42KB, 351x659px) Image search: [Google]
1351128260170.jpg
42KB, 351x659px
I realize this sounds like petty high school garbage, which is probably is, so I apologize in advance.
In my circle of friends of 6 - 8+ years since middle/HS there is one guy who I don't like too much. He usually ends up annoying me or souring my mood in some form, though I love everyone else. This has been the case for quite some time, but I think it's finally reaching it's limit, getting a bit tired of being around him.

Do I have no options other than to put up with him? I assume it would bring down the overall mood if I were to avoid speaking with him when we all chill together, and I still want to hang out with my other friends so I would like to avoid the "don't show up if he is there" option. I don't want to tell anyone else in the group about this as it would make things awkward. If it weren't for everyone else I would have cut contact with this guy long ago.
>>
>>18287441
try not being a psychotic cunt
>>
>>18287441
Maybe if your writing style was less awkward then you'd be less awkward.
>>
>>18287441
>He usually ends up annoying me or souring my mood in some form
Please could you give a greentext of some of these occasions? So we can have a better picture.
>>
>>18287441
I was in a similar situation last year. I had to stop hanging out with the entire group minus a few individuals one-on-one for reasons unrelated to that guy though. I agree with other anon. More backstory please. Hopefully this ends better for you than it did for me.
>>
>>18287530
>>18287555
>We are all playing a board game having fun. He gets serious and tells us about how his dad cheated on his mom in elementary school (we all already know about this already as he has told us multiple times in different situations), mood is instantly brought down.
Similar situations happen frequently like if we are all drinking and having a good time,I wouldn't have a problem if he wanted to talk about it in private if he needs to get it off his chest, but it's always in a situation where we are all having fun.
>Impatient, another board game example but he will constantly say stuff like "are you done yet, pls go, hurry m8" until it's his turn, and not in a joking bantz way. He does similar rushing things like if we say we're going to go out in a little bit, he'll say "are we gonna go" or reference the place we're going to every minute or two until we go, will get annoyed if one of us takes too long to get dressed or whatever, etc.
>I lent him a fightstick that I built, he gave it back to me with cracks in the plexi claiming they were there already
>Can't play vidya with him, he'll get into a really shitty mood if he loses. I played vidya with him for years like this so now when I play in a tournament or during casuals I'll feel really scared I ruined someone's day if I beat them. Winning just makes me feel bad now.
>If he gets into a new show or hobby he will constantly reference it or talk about it even if none of us are into it. It was filthy Frank not too long ago and now it's Rick and Morty & MtG.
>Probably not an objectively bad thing, but is a memespouter for Facebook maymays
>Also probably not an objectively bad thing, but recently has been bringing a practically retarded gf along, where I go she goes type of deal, they call each other darling, sweetheart, etc. she has said stuff like referencing their future kids, talking about marriage, etc. They have only been going out for a couple of months.

Should I write more? Comment limit.
>>
File: 1491174440354.jpg (27KB, 358x330px) Image search: [Google]
1491174440354.jpg
27KB, 358x330px
>>18287527
T-thats not the point of this post anon ;_;

>>18287521
U w0t
>>
Honestly, what I would do is hint to your friends about his weird behaviours, or any legit reason you don't like him and see if they agree.
If they agree, then its a mystery why you keep him in your group.
If they disagree, wtf are you doing with them?
Anyway, it doesn't fucking matter, your clique and friendship will be over with high school. Its a fact.
>>
>>18287981
My friends have all had the same complaints as I do, but I don't know if they feel as strongly.
We're all 23 - 24 and have been friends since late middle school or early high school.
>>
>>18287988
>My friends have all had the same complaints as I do, but I don't know if they feel as strongly.
Just mention it casually, they will get it, even agree.
>>
>>18287966
sounds like your average everyday aspie. Seems he isn't good at taking social queues. Talk to your other friends about it and see how they feel, I was in a similar situation not too long ago so I told the rest of my friend group about it, now we just hang out without her and invite her out for the obligatory "group" stuff (ie movies, going out to eat, etc.)

Trust me OP makes everything a lot more tolerable if you're just honest
>>
>>18287441
Laugh at him (internally) for being such an asshole instead of letting it bring you down.
>>
>>18287966
Are we talking about the same person? In any case, you pointed out how his behavior has affected your behavior outside of the group and not in a positive way. I think that in itself should tell you that you should distance yourself from this person. How you do it is a different question.

>>18287981
As much as it sounds like an ultimatum, you honestly should bring this up with your friends before it explodes. I was the anon who was in a similar situation before. Since I wasn't as attached to the group (which I know made it easier for me), I just straight up asked about it. Turns out half of them actively did not want anything to do with him, the other half didn't like his behavior but felt bad about excluding him. I just ended up taking the initiative and inviting the people I like to stuff. The guy raged about it but no one really bothered including him, even those that felt bad.
>>
>>18287441
Sorry I meant to say I agreed with this >>18287981 but it looks like my reply was directed to them instead.
>>
Everyone knows someone like this in high school and chances are your friends feel the same way about him and also are nervous about rocking the boat.

Talk to some friends that you're pretty sure are like-minded. Mention you find "x" thing that he does annoying, allow them to agree, see if they say, "I'm also annoyed by y and z that he does," and let them run away with it.

Figure out who actually wants to keep him around and who is just tolerating him for the sake of the group. Lots of kids in high school are terrified of chipping away at the almighty group because they enjoy what is familiar and are nervous about having to make new friends in college.

Like I said, everybody knew this type of person in high school. It's up to you whether you want to suffer a little more until he finally does something worthy of a sudden ostracization, or if you want to just be free of him now. I'd pick now. I could have enjoyed my times with my "group" a lot more if that certain person had left earlier, and a lot of people I still keep in touch with agree.
>>
>>18288408

OP said they're not in HS, they knew each other form HS. But yes, I agree with the general strategy here. Ask your friends leading questions and see if they take the bait.
>>
>>18288420
Only just read that, but I think it still stands. It's likely that a lot of people in the group are only tolerating him because they're pretty recently out in the real world and they find comfort in what is familiar.

A lot of people are really obsessed with keeping all of their high school/middle school friends no matter how much they have or haven't grown up. It takes either a really mature or a really desperate person who's had to put up with bullshit too long to say, "Hey, I've changed, you haven't, we're not compatible anymore, it's been great, but we're done."
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.