[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Sit down to study >Practice test >Dont have the attention

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: 1484898264877.jpg (56KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1484898264877.jpg
56KB, 645x773px
>Sit down to study
>Practice test
>Dont have the attention span to even read the first question switch tabs and browse more 4chan

How do I get Aderal? Would this help me?
>>
Nah. You'd just spend your entire adderall high browsing 4chan.
>>
>>18287440
Look up "StayFocusd" on the Google store if you use Chrome. It temporarily blocks websites then gives you breaks to use them for set amounts of time.

That and learning about the Pomodoro technique single handedly brought me up another tier as a student. I still have trouble focusing a lot of the time, but I get most of my shit down now.

If you seriously think you have ADHD, see a GOOD (as in doesn't hand out prescriptions like candy) doctor.
>>
>>18287440
It's pronounced as in adderall

not aderal what is this shit
>>
>>18287452
Nevermind, I was thinking of a different app. The one I named blocks certain websites after you go on it for a set amount of time each day.

Might even be a more useful app, though. Get a pomodoro app or use a website for it when you need to do work, too.
>>
>>18287440
If you have ADD, yes.

If you don't, no. Youll get high your brain will go into overdrive and you'll start exhibiting symptoms of ADD.
>>
I used to be a top-tier dean's list student, but I burnt out and ran off the rails this year.

Tried Adderall. Did fuck all for me. Started with half a capsule because the guy I buy from says it can be pretty strong for people not used to it. Felt nothing. A whole capsule. Nada. Two capsules. Didn't so much as feel my heart rate increase.

The guy I buy from has a prescription (I've been with him when he goes to the pharmacy, checked pill ID, too), and he's been diagnosed ADD since childhood, so his dosage is probably stepped up already. Dude was freaked out by me. Says he's never seen anybody take 60mg (two thirties) of Adderall and not feel a thing. I must have an unusually high tolerance for amphetamines.

I was taking this stuff for a couple of weeks, too.
>>
>>18287463
That's not how it works.

Adderall increases stimulation regardless of whether or not you've got an attention disorder.

Those with ADD aren't overstimulated, they are understimulated. That is why they are constantly seeking stimulation to satisfy themselves. Their baseline stimulation is lower than average.

Adderall increases one's ability to be stimulated, so that they can feel stimulated doing less stimulating tasks and can complete them without feeling the need to keep switching to something else.
>>
>>18287493
That is how it works. I have adhd. And a psych education.

Youre right but look what im saying.

If youre understimulated the stimulant gets things working. Namely the pre frontal cortex which then helps the brain direct itself and executive functions increase.

Without the pfc functioning the rest of the brain is all pretty wild and acting on its own. Thats why people with add are more focused when on a stimulant drug.

If you dont have adhd and you take a stimulant, then it just hypes everything up and they become overstimulated and their brain goes wild.

Producing vaguely similar symptoms and behaviour of adhd. Restlessness, inability to focus, hyperactivity, racing thoughts etc.
>>
>>18287510
>producing vaguely similar symptoms

I should add. Thats not there because its important or entirely accurate. I added it because the irony is humourous.
>>
File: 190.gif (360KB, 500x420px) Image search: [Google]
190.gif
360KB, 500x420px
>>18287510
Oh, I see. I didn't know that. Thanks for the correction!
>>
>>18287562
I didnt mean to correct. You were right. I just thought you didnt quite understand what i was saying.
>>
>>18287567
We'll, I didn't know the thing about people without attention disorders being less able to focus is they take Adderall, so I did learn something tonight.

Lol, we are having such a non-4chan interaction tonight. Are you by chance also Canadian?
>>
>>18287482
How different drugs effect you depends on your brain chemistry. For instance, cocaine would have different effects on an adhd affected brain then a regular person.
>>
>>18287587
Why yes I am.
>>
>>18287591
How would it affect an adhd person?
>>
>>18287644
Different fag but adhd.

My brain stops racing. I can do one thing at a time without thinking about all the other things I need to do. I can finish a task without starting another. Im present and conscious in the moment. Anxiety goes away.

I tend to be a bit tourettesy, that goes away, i stop fidgeting, I stop stuttering.

And people at work stop assuming im retarded. Its a miracle drug for adhd. I waited until i was 28 to take it. I dont know what I did before it.

Also if youre the guy being replied to from before, id say so much adderall having no high effect on you is a bit of a flag. Not proof or diagnosis but something might be up in your system.
>>
>>18287662
I think I hve adhd. What should I do?
>>
>>18287452
Seconding the pomodoro suggestion
>>
>>18287733
Talk to a doctor.
Self diagnosing is never good.

Many disorders share many symptoms with other disorders. Some disorders even point to an actual physical problem.

An over or underactive thyroid for example can cause a lot of mental illness and disorders.

Whatever may actually be wrong with you, a doctor can help. He may do biochemistry tests and check your vitals. To first rule out something else.
>>
>>18287442
THIS IS MY FUCKING PROBLEM RIGHT NOW

PLEASE HELP
>>
>>18288294
If anyone of us could help with your 4chan addiction none of us would even be here.
>>
>>18288319
This is the paradox. If anyone left 4chan and never came back, they wouldn't tell us how and why because they - wouldn't come back.

How do I study on Vyvanse? Got one from a friend and I got a bunch of schoolwork to do but I'm just hyped to do anything, mainly shitpost on other boards.
>>
>>18288334

Assuming youre the same anon who thinks they have adhd, this is a flag. Not a diagnosis though.

Im the same without medication. I have a hard time accomplishing anything. I can spend an entire day without working and doing chores and not self indulging on video games or anything i like. Even 4chan.

But i finish nothing. Ill be doing dishes and o shit! Vacuuming! So ill half vacuum and think o shit! Laundry! So ill run a load and forget about it because shit goddamn, i have to work on my coding project. And ill get a little done but oh fuck i need to buy a new shower head. So ill go get it. Then i get home, well dang i cant install the shower head i need to dust all the surfaces in the house!

The days end comes and ive finished nothing and have one hundred half done chores.

Then i take adderall. Now instead of 100 half done things ill have 10 thoroughly completed things and some luxury time.

Thats what its like.

Tell me if this next part sounds like you, its the best allegory I've ever heard to describe how i feel:

Its like being in a room with a thousand tvs on all with different shows playing and the volume on every one of them is loud.

But Im expected to watch only one of them.
>>
>>18288368
>i can spend an entire day without working.

I can spend an entire day working and doing chores without indulging* is what i meant.
>>
>>18288368
Yes, it's me completely. Not OP though. Agh fucking hell, I hate myself. Been waiting for the ADHD/ADD doc to test me for 5 months now without a call and I have a 12k word paper due in 10 days.

Will I make it? If so, how?
>>
>>18288416
I didnt have medication in university.

I always got the papers done after panicking about it for weeks.

Seems adhd does well when the pressure is on. I mean really on.

I bet you crank the whole thing out in the last 2 nights.

If you get ANYTHING done in the next two weeks, at least gather sources so when your brain cooperates in that final short window you at least have your research and references done.
>>
File: reeeeeee.jpg (4KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
reeeeeee.jpg
4KB, 225x224px
>>18288427
Omfg this is so me, I am stressed out but can't do anything because there is no real pressure. I always stay up for 3-4 days in a row writing and completely fuck up my psyche before I deliver.

I have tried talking to myself over and over again, tried to pretend I have to deliver it in a few days, just KNOW that I won't be delivering anything good if I do it last minute, just KNOW that if I start out now I would be better off and so on.

But I will still do what your post says regardless. I fucking hate this about myself.
>>
>>18288434
Yeah dude talking to yourself doesnt work.
Im the psychology guy so ill explain.

Your pre frontal cortex is a bit fucky. It does a lot of things but its mostly orchestrating the brain and making it all work together.

What you experiencing specifically is a prioritization problem.

Without the pre frontal cortex working at full capacity your brain doesnt know how to order things by importance. Its literally reporting your paper is as important as your phone, your vidjas, your chores, 4chan and all else.

So youre confused because you actually feel like 4chan is important, and its easier so your brain defaults to telling you to just do that.

What helps is lists. Since your brain wont do it for you you need to objectively write down what must be done today, internalise that list, worship it and do it.

Try this. Along with your homework, write 3 easy tasks you know you can do today. Do them first, and come back and cross them out. Its very important you cross them out, because its a rewarding feeling, and your brain is hyper reward oriented (adhd thing...)
So youll be training yourself like a dog getting treats that "if i do the thing written here, i get to strike it off!" and eventually your brain learns to stick to the list.

When it comes to writing your paper, break it up. Dont write "do paper" write "get a new source. Find quote. Summarize. Enter into project." the smaller tasks will be a lot less daunting than the whole thing.

Youre essentially taking a thing your brain cant do by itself and artificially doing it for it.

Also i know how hard it is to get in the habit of doing a list is for you. I know you can do it, though.

If you follow this broken up small tasks model and you do it well, youll even be ok to take frequent short breaks to shit post or do whatever else you want to do. In fact itll be important Because if you dont youll burn out quick.
>>
>>18287442
its funny how true that is.
>>
>>18287440
Go to the gym
>>
>>18287482
Amphetamines do jack shit for me too.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.