[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I work as a nurse in a max security prison. We have some pretty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1487641313452.jpg (95KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1487641313452.jpg
95KB, 1080x1080px
I work as a nurse in a max security prison. We have some pretty terrible and violent offenders - For this reason, I lock my phone in my car, but I also save no pictures, no last names, and my own mom is saved under a nickname, not "Mom." Some of our offenders work in the outer perimeter and their visitors could potentially break in my car. I am careful.

I lost my phone. It happens, but the person who found it kindly called everyone in my phone seeking the owner. I appreciate it, but I do not appreciate my mom's reaction. I had expressed my security concerns to her before, and she assured me (about nine months ago) she would never be so stupid. She gave a complete stranger my full name, where I live, her name, and my relationship. I told her, "Thank you, but that's risky to do. Next time, call me before you tell people all my business because of where I work." She responded she was "tired of (my) horseshit." She does not respect or listen to me. This is why her grandson is 14 months and she hasn't seen him.

I feel like laying it on the line and telling her if she doesn't apologize and change her behaviors immediately, it is too personally risky for us to continue a relationship. Is this unreasonable? Other friends and family get it. She is emotionally abusive and it angers me she has the gall to say she is tired of me. Then leave my family and me alone.
>>
>>18286800
delete her from phone
boom!
>>
>>18286800
Sounds like she's going through menopause or some shit, like a super period that's logically blinding until it's over. How old is she?
>>
>>18286800

Unfortunately you have to establish these boundaries with family and stand by your decisions. She needs to understand where those boundaries are.

I had to completely cut my father out of my life when I was a police officer due to stuff like this, and a long history of emotional abuse.

In the end, the decision is yours. You could try my example if you like by limiting your contact with her. A lot of people in the US don't understand how dangerous things are for you. They'll probably never truly comprehend it. So you may need to cut them out periodically to put things in perspective. Others, like my ex-wife, I had to cut contact with for her own safety.
>>
Is your mom menopausal? I ask bc my siblings and I dealt with this same exact behavior while mom was going thru that shit.
>>
>>18286800
>>18286806
yeah you could delete her number from your phone and memorize it or use a landline to call her. If security is the only reason you want to sever ties with your mom, you shouldn't.
>>
>>18286827
Yes memorize the number and use a work phone at work. Also apologize to your mom. Good deeds bring up goodness.
>>
>>18286800
Does this prison have a history of prisoners breaking out, breaking into their nurses cars, and calling their nurses' mums?
>>
>>18286806

Lol.

>>18286814

She is 67. She went through a radical hysterectomy about 20 years ago.

>>18286815

Thank you. No, a lot of people do not understand. I emailed her and told her she either has to change her behavior and do what I tell her, or she is never meeting her grandson for HIS safety.

>>18286824

20 years past that. She is just old. She would NEVER speak to the middle child this way. She might do this to the oldest, but I can't say.

>>18286827

Her behavior could have gotten my son and spouse murdered.

>>18286841

See above.

>>18286851

No, but it does allow visitors to use the same parking lot as employees as well as prisoners working in the parking lot.

The person called everyone in my phone asking who the phone belonged to.
>>
>>18286861

You just gotta take a position and not back down. I know in my situation, my dad died while that was going on. So there are some drastic consequences that can occur.

In the end though I don't regret my decision. I made it, I knew the potential outcomes, and I did what I felt was best.
>>
>>18286872

I can live with her dying and us never speaking/her never seeing my son. She once left my niece in the car when she was three. We thought my niece was lying that my mom would do this until my mom angrily said there was nothing wrong with it. She just isn't trustworthy and has a sociopathic tendency to blow off anyone else's wishes.

I appreciate the views of a police officer. I am just a nurse, but I feel you "get it." Thank you.
>>
>>18286902
I'm not a po-po no mo. I took a round to the knee courtesy of a local street gang and took a retirement deal.

I've infiltrated a normie stronghold and I work among the masses. So I'm nothing special.

If you don't trust someone, that pretty much makes the decision for you.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.