[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ask a guy who's in a successful polyamorous relationship

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

File: relationshipdiversity.jpg (142KB, 679x960px) Image search: [Google]
relationshipdiversity.jpg
142KB, 679x960px
Ask a guy who's in a successful polyamorous relationship anything.

>Specifically a throuple

Monogamy vs Polyamory vs Open Relationships Discussion? I'm just drunk enough.
>>
C'mon while I'm drunk /adv/
>>
>>18284942
>>18284946
I'll bite

1. Congrats on living the dream.
2. Age, sex, orientation, same info on partners, how many partners you have, and what kind of poly you are based on the handy chart you posted pls.
3. What the fuck is a throuple?
>>
>>18284953
Ah, just a three person couple isn't it? Duh. I'm kinda drunk too sorry.

Anyway how do you find other people interested? It's an extremely controversial thing to do, but I still think it would be completely unethical not to mention that you're polyamorous (I have a girlfriend and would like to get into the scene. She's ok with it obviously.)
>>
>>18284942
You're the autistic guy, right?
>>
>>18284953
1.Thanks man, its working well
2. 25. Male. Straight. Both are 24, and Bi-sexual. Just two (throuple)
3. It's three people in a tri-monogamous relationship.

>>18284956
Just lucked up on it? My first girlfriend was interested in trying a threesome out. We were unicorn hunting for a while using online stuff/ meeting people at bars, but none of it really worked out. There was this girl I used to hook-up with before meeting her and she happened to be single and curious. It happened and they ended up growing a mutual bond for one another while retaining their bond with me. I suggested the idea and both agreed to give it a go. We are planning on moving in together in a few months, currently we all have our own places.
I agree, you should tell people from the get-go you are poly. However in my case, it just sort of happened.

>>18284957
Nope.
>>
>>18284953
So specifically, polyfidelity.

>>18284956
Also, yeah it's pretty controversial, I guess..
Whenever people ask, it's generally either an overwhelmingly positive or negative response. The favor is skewed in negative responses however, all from women. Men on the otherhand are mostly positive, while some of each think "to each their own". The poly lifestyle definitely isn't for everyone though.
>>
If the three of you are in a house together. And suddenly there is a earthquake, the earthquake trap both of the women under something independently.
A oil lamp also falls over and sets fire to the house.

You are not trapped but the escalation of the accident is so fast that you will only have time to save one of them and get out yourself.

Which one do you save.
>>
>>18285010
Whichever one is easiest to get out at the time.
>>
>>18284942
how did it start bro
>>
>>18284980
That's fucking choice man, I'm really glad for you. It must be a really interesting experience to really romantically treasure 2 others at once. Me and my gf are extremely close emotionally, so she's more interested in just an open relationship, but I'm more open to the idea full on polyamory. I'm a bit of a hopeless romantic.

I suppose it does help when it's a prior relation - I tried to get a little closer to a girl acquaintance me and my gf were both interested in and kinda build things slowly and casually, but I think she thought I was trying to cheat on my gf with her... Yikes. I guess I gotta drink with my friends more to get em relaxed and hit bars too. I turned 21 a month ago so that'll be easier.
>>
if it would be a successfull relationship you wouldnt post about it here from all the places while drunk

99% of these are fake and someone is getting hurt/will be hurt during it

the 1% lacks love altogather and basicly about 2 very attractive ppl fucking anyone they wish
>>
Is your name muhamad
>>
>>18285021
See my earlier post bro.

Started out with just me and my girlfriend. We then started looking for a unicorn to give a threesome a shot. Long story short, they ended up liking eachother so we decided to give it a go :)

>>18285045
I posted on here to give advice dummy. Lol can you not see the forest for the trees mate? Ours is real, or real enough. No need to convince you.
>>
>>18285041
Thanks brother.
It's pretty interesting! Definitely new territory. It's not as hard juggling when both of them are into eachother as well. I don't know about the open relationship bit, I feel like if you're open to an open relationship, you'd be open to polyamory. I think prior relations helped out tremendously, it helps that it wasn't some rando we had our first encounter with. Best advice I can give is to let them build things slowly and casually between eachother, instead of you trying to. That way it doesn't seem like you're just in it for you. Should've just gone full honest mode with the mutual friend!
>>
>>18285045
Hey man, just because I'm happy doesn't mean you can't be too. Life is great for me because of this relationship. Right now the two of them are on a date and I don't have to worry about paying for dinner or getting dressed up since they just wanted some alone time. I get to have my cake and eat it, it's great!
>>
>>18284942
I've been talking a lot to this poly girl I hooked up with. She's kinda implied that since I have a monogamous past, she'd see any relationship we'd get into as monogamous. I kind of see things opposite though, I don't think I would want to try monogamous relationship with someone who was poly in the past. Thoughts?
>>
>>18286732
This isn't me :/
Why do people feel the need to troll good threads?
>>
>>18286823
Honestly, I think it would be hard to go back to monogamy after experiencing polyamory. But that's just my two cents. If you feel that you can trust her, then you should try it out. However, I would suggest maybe trying out a poly situation with her and seeing how that works out. You never know, it might work out to your benefit.
>>
Okay guys someone is derailing my thread. I guess I triggered someone lol.
>>
Fuck. I mean i don't know what to really ask. Have always thought i might be poly myself. Current gf is way too monogamous but we won't be together for too long. With how you got it i don't think you'd have much in terms of advice to give since, to your words, you just go lucky.

Did you have any pre-indications that you were a poly? Was it just something you thought often about (or always was into threesomes because "man's man", etc.). Is it all just threesomes or do you have separate moments? Apply that question in general: do you always go around as a throuple or do you pair off without the other minding often?

How do you even find bi-girls that are into threesomes, let alone that don't lose their shit at the thought of not being exclusive after the act AND have the sense to hit it off with another girl?

How many girls did you go through before this one? Did you always come out and establish that you are poly? How did you ease it in if you didn't?
>>
>>18286898
Pre-indications? Not really. I just felt that I was able to fall in love with multiple people, but didn't put a label on it until I found out one existed.
I thought about it often enough, but I'd already had a threesome before them and it wasn't really "all that". I enjoy the emotional connection between the three of us more than the sexual connection. Any time we are all in bed together (most nights) everything is all inclusive. So yeah, a threesome.
We don't always go out together because of our schedules, but we do for the most part. Movies, dinner, etc. But if one of us is working or something, the other two are with eachother.

I can't answer that one. I'd say "get lucky" but that's cliche. Best bet is to meet someone in person and talk to them about it. The internet helps too, but in person always works better. I think most women are interested in exploring their sexuality, unless they are a prude/basic.

With that in mind, they ended up getting alone really well so I didn't have to do much about it. They agreed they both had feelings for me as well as eachother, so it kinda just happened.

How many before them? Jesus man, not trying to sound like an ass but I lost count a while ago. Tinder/POF/bars/work etc. Before this throuple, I was an ass who cheated constantly because I found what I was missing in one partner and found it in someone else. When I met my first gf however (in this situation) I came out and told her once I saw she was comfortable with a threesome.
>>
>>18286883
Also, this isn't me.
>>
>>18286898
Just be upfront with the questions when asking a girl about the whole threesome thing. check out mojoupgrade, it has one of those sexual chemistry tests. That was the tipping of the first domino for us honestly.
>>
>>18286823
>>18286869
She's the one that seems to be pushing towards monogamy, but yeah I think I would like to try a poly thing. But maybe if I do go poly, people might think of me as a poly guy similar to how I think of her. Huh.
>>
@OP:

I see commited relationships as a precursor to marriage. Anything else is important to me, yet 'casual'. What's the point in playing house, otherwise? Isn't any other kind of relationship just being 'fuckbuddies'?
>>
>>18286998
Nothing wrong with being poly bro!
I enjoy it, and people will come to understand it.
>>18287009
There are, yes. However, I see the throuple as a committed relationship.
>>
>>18284942
How badly does your spelling get as the level of getting hammered increases?
>>
>>18287487
I wanna try desu. I've always been a kind of always been a jealous person but had an ego death and and haven't felt jealous since.
>>
>>18287626
Just be as honest as possible to whichever one comes first. It'd be easy if you met two bi girls already in a relationship and asked to join.
>>
Any children in the mix?

That is when things start to get iffy. And not because of the child. The show Sister Wives is a classic example how one woman being pregnant and having the one man's child can cause conflict. In that series, the patriarch's first wife was infertile after their first child. She shows a vehement hatred of the 4th and youngest wife once she becomes pregnant.

And I can see why. He is more protective and dotes in the pregnant wife and the baby and cannot split his attention to other wives or children. There is literally not enough hours in the day to do so. You'd have to bend time to do so.
>>
>>18284942
How can you know if your partner would be receptive to the idea? It's a bombshell of a disclaimer.

Also how do you handle conflicts between the other two?
>>
>>18287793
No children, yet. We've been discussing the idea. Both of them come into agreement that "it takes a village" so it works well enough for now.

>>18287869
You just ask. Simple as that. First and foremost however, see if they are sexually receptive the idea of a third party, then introduce the idea of romancing a third party.
There has yet to be a conflict, but the small ones that might have arisen, the third person is the mediator. Honestly, it's easier dating when there is always a neutral party. It's one of the benefits compared to monogamy where there isn't really a mediator when shit happens.
>>
>>18287869
It's actually really nice having a third party that can bring a separate view on an issue that differs from the other two. Gives you a new outlook on tons of things. Makes you see things from multiple perspectives. Black, white and the grey in between. I'll tell you though, everyone's conflict resolution skills have to be fucking amazing.
>>
>>18287897

Fucking this. I even talked to my shrink about how much i love this concept. God i want to be in a poly relationship so bad.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.