[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the FUCK do I need to know calculus to get a degree in computer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 43253464577688976.png (29KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
43253464577688976.png
29KB, 633x758px
Why the FUCK do I need to know calculus to get a degree in computer science? FUCK FLORIDA.
>>
fucking brainlet, CS is all about "Maths" if you are bad at it KYS and expect to work as a fucking code monkey at a shitty firm
>>
>>18284256
If you don't have the right skills to follow the degree you want, look for a similar degree that doesn't have that requirement.
>>
File: Japan-2015-543_web-lrg.jpg (255KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
Japan-2015-543_web-lrg.jpg
255KB, 1024x683px
>>18284256
enjoy maths anon..
you are after all in a multiverse governed by them
if you struggle its a good sign, it means you'll more likely appreciate the beauty of the concept later on
theres no such thing as talent anon
practice practice practice
and u will git gud

have an owl pic
>>
>>18284256

Expected-case analysis of a lot of sublinear algorithms (layman's definition: algorithms you design when exact algorithms are too slow and approximate solutions are `good enough') requires knowledge of calculus. A lot of topics in computer graphics require knowledge of calculus.

>t. person with BS and MS in computer science
>>
>>18284318
But that sounds like work! I just wanted to play games on my computer!
>>
>>18284517
CS is very underestimated and a lot harder and different than most understand. It is about research and algorithims, computer theory, etc.
>>
You will never need calc knowledge in cs. My college didn't require calc. I took it cause I wanted too.

Truth be told you don't need a lot of the stuff they make a cs major do.

Truth be told if you have a cs degree and charisma you'll go further than people with masters who do high level math and theory.
>>
https://www.khanacademy.org/
>>
HEY OP LISTEN TO ME

Math Major here, 25 years old, got into SFSU for Applied Mathematics. I failed Calc 1 once in high school and Calc 2 because my teachers in Reno were terrible. Just stay at it budderino, practice, practice, practice. Stackexchange and Khan Academy are your friends and so is Wolfram Alpha's phone app, best $3 I ever spent.

Please tell me what parts of Calc you are having problems with and I will help you with resources.
>>
Fucking algorithms class is gonna kill me. It's a 2 hour class at my college. You go through a chapter a week and everyday you have a quiz. Also you are put into groups to solve problems. I had absolutely no idea what I was doing so on dropped the class but I gotta take it eventually. I hate doing proofs.
>>
>>18284256
Was is Dijkstra that said "computer science is no more about computers than astronomy is about telescopes"? They should really call it "computability science" or something, it really is misleading You just wanna be a LEET HAXXOR code monkey who really knows his shit in Excel or something, go into IT.

On the other hand calculus is honestly really fucking intuitive compared to something like probability theory so git gud you sawgrass-eating gator-fucking dip.
>>
>>18284256
Why the FUCK do I need to take classes in black cock worship and postmodern cuckoldry to get a degree in computer science? FUCK ARIZONA.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
>>18284978
Because you're a good goy
>>
Because very smart people have figured out a way to exploit the capitalistic model and drain people like you and me of out funds . Just do what you gotta do . If I can get a B in Calculus you can too, come on it was invented in the 1600's for gods sake keep up with the times people were doing this hundreds of years ago you can do it in 2017.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.