[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My BF and I have been together for almost 8 years and his family

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: FNXX8150.jpg (113KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
FNXX8150.jpg
113KB, 1024x768px
My BF and I have been together for almost 8 years and his family treats me like their own. In no way am I trying to come off ungrateful or trying to stir up drama; I just want to know how I can keep things civil between everyone.

>bought my aunt's old car from her a few years ago and have been driving it throughout college
>started to have car troubles this past year
>living off student loans so doing all I can just to keep it running
>BF's dad concerned so reaches out to my aunt and uncle and ask if they want to go halfsies on a new car for me
>BF's dad experienced with car auctions and wants to go that route
>aunt and uncle are a salesman's ideal customers, want to get me a new car so I can get a warranty and learn responsibility by making monthly car payments
>BF's dad not having that so he gets a car from an auction himself
>mom still pays for my insurance so he calls her to inquire about it
>she happened to be with my aunt when he called
>aunt takes over conversation and seems to be more concerned about what's going to happen to my current car than anything else
>ends up scoffing at him for not having a thought-out plan
>conversation apparently ends with mom and aunt agreeing to new car but not happy about it
>best part is I'm not supposed to know about any of this

My BF told me because he was so mad at how my aunt and uncle acted. His dad also called me a few weeks ago and implied he wanted to get me a car so I kind of had a feeling. Apparently I'm getting the car next weekend but I know my aunt will try to start shit about how I shouldn't accept the car for some reason or I need to give her my current car back even though it's under my name.

Maybe there's no advice to give. I'm just worried this will turn into Romeo and Juliet and our families will end up hating each other out of an act of kindness.
>>
Your BF's dad sounds cool as fuck. Give the bomb back to your senpaitachi and drive the new car.
>>
>>18284016
>Your BF's dad sounds cool as fuck
He is! He's a goofball but also a hard worker. I think he and my uncle butt heads sometimes because they both own their own businesses and are successful but run things differently. My uncle follows the rules, makes plans, and likes security while my BF's dad bends the rules, goes with the flow, and takes risks.

I figured it'd be fair to transfer the title of my current car to him since he paid for the new car himself. He works with cars so I'm sure he can sell the working parts for scraps or wait to get a good deal on the part needed to fix the car and sell it as a whole. My aunt and uncle kind of run my side of the family though so if I piss them off I'm sure they'll find a way to make me regret it.
>>
>>18283954
i'd sit on the side line, go along with what they want in this situation considering they're helping you out so much already. ultimately it's not that big of a deal, i wish my worst life problem was people arguing about how to get me a car.
>>
>>18284088
Like I said, I'm really not supposed to know about this so ultimately I can probably just play dumb if my family tries to start anything. Would my aunt find a way to make me feel guilty about accepting a car from my almost father-in-law? Absolutely. But he has good intentions and hers aren't so there's that.

>i wish my worst life problem was people arguing about how to get me a car
Right? It feels silly of me to worry about it but my aunt and uncle can be so venomous and both of my BF's parents are so kind and loving that I don't want things to become tense among anyone.
>>
You don't need car payments for a new car. Use the car from auction. Boyfriends dad can help to fix it too. I'm aware of your aunt and uncles type, while good hearted, easily gullible. Have them bake you some cookies instead
>>
>>18284166
>You don't need car payments for a new car.
That's the thing that made me mad. I'm living off student loans in a somewhat sketchy part of town while my mom still pays for my insurance and phone. I never ask for money because I don't like the idea of using someone else's money when I can just use my loan, so how the heck did they come to the conclusion that I can afford another bill?

>while good hearted, easily gullible
Yup. They mean well but are a bit too paranoid. Society needs people like them and I'm glad I have them.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.