[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This all happened a month ago at college >Stole canoe from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1493718864535.jpg (39KB, 500x299px) Image search: [Google]
1493718864535.jpg
39KB, 500x299px
This all happened a month ago at college
>Stole canoe from a few blocks over
>Put in our basement of house with 7 other roommates
>Landlord just now sees it today
>Says he wants it moved and also wants to know whose canoe it is

He lives only a few blocks from the house and is apart of the same neighborhood under the same neighborhood committee. This same neighborhood probably encompasses the house from which the canoe was stolen. I think it may be plausible that the victims reported this to the police and the neighborhood committee, who sent out some bullshit memo.

Essentially, we want a way to have our cake and it eat it too. Keep the canoe without getting screwed in any way by our landlord. Anybody know legally what evidence they have to have to prove that someone stole something? How do we get a big WIN here?

TL;DR - Stole canoe, landlord suspicious, need to keep canoe and not get fucked
>>
>>18283932
You're an idiot.
>>
If he knows, like if you get that vibe that he knows then either a) ditch the canoe or b) get a storage space c) terrorize the family (like a fake invasion or something) so they can forget about the canoe or d) lie through your teeth that you went on a trip and got a canoe essentially faking it til you make it
>>
>>18283946
Thank you really

>>18283959
I have a story that I'm telling my parents. Basically that my buddy and I got it from one of the older brothers in my fraternity because he's graduating and doesn't want to bring it back home. So if we picked it up we could have it.
I'm literally bringing it back home (where I grew up) early as fuck tomorrow morning almost 2 hours away.
I just didn't know if just seeing a canoe in our basement (he never comes over) and knowing that one was reported missing could be substantial evidence that it was the stolen canoe.
>>
You're going to get punished, take it like a man, you fucking retard.
>>
File: 1493591564612.jpg (43KB, 585x720px) Image search: [Google]
1493591564612.jpg
43KB, 585x720px
>>18284001
Realistically no I won't I'm just some white kid. Worst thing that happens is restitution and probation. That's not punishment.
>>
Sucked in, you're a shit cunt for stealing a canoe and a dumb cunt for stealing it from a few blocks away.
>>
>>18283932
We are not aiding you in a crime. Do the right thing and return it.
>>
File: Clementines.jpg (144KB, 367x327px) Image search: [Google]
Clementines.jpg
144KB, 367x327px
>>18284038
dammit you are such a cunt. I'm another "white kid" by the way, and the way you act is just fucking obnoxious. Don't take another man's possessions. You'll get yours faggot.
>>
>>18284071
Its good to know not all of the youth is garbage.
>>
Why did you even steal it?
>>
>>18283932
simply claim to having "found" the canoe...

if you all stick to the story then legally they have no way of proving theft
>>
>>18284359
Fuck off
>>
enjoy your jail time and being kicked out of school, all for a shitty canoe, unless you're an underage early college student, you'll get off easy
>>
make it a night time mission to take it back without getting caught. at least that way you'll get some boyhood thrills out of your misdemeanour.
>>
>>18283932
The depths of stupidity to which the human animal can sink are always surprising me.

look, shmuck, in SOME way, either by serial number or some private mark, that canoe can be identified. All your landlord has to do is innocently mention "Those damn college kids in my building are cluttering up the basement with a canoe" and word will get back to the owner that you guys have suddenly come into possession of a canoe.

And do you think the landlord will resist requests to have a look at it? And do you think he'll beg the owner not to go to the police? And do you think he'll hesitate to invoke the "no criminal acts" clause in your lease to throw you out? And do you think the college won't hear about this? And do you think they don't have a "no criminal acts" clause in their contract with you?

Fuck morality. To save your asses, get it back to the owner fast.

Shmucks.
>>
>>18284821
Already took serial numbers off as well as identifying stickers. And added stuff. Yes I would love to just return it but that doesn't alleviate us from criminal liability. We're moving it to another location. Probably gonna be all good.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.