[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'll keep this brief. I'm in a dead end security

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: pepe really.jpg (4KB, 165x160px) Image search: [Google]
pepe really.jpg
4KB, 165x160px
So I'll keep this brief. I'm in a dead end security job paid 12 an hour full time. Not bad but I need more. I'm paying all my bills but not saving anything. I have roughly 2 years of customer service and a year of security under my belt with a bonus of having awesome tech skills. I just never went to college. What do.
>>
you haven't explained much other than what you've done, and what you're doing, anon/
how about some details about your endgame, ambitions, dreams and all that jazz? aside from making a bit more dough, that is.
>>
Currently living with my grandparents and obviously I want the fuck out. My main goal is to get the hell out and live in an apartment. Have 6 or so dollars left every paycheck so yeah saving isn't happening. I don't really have a lot of restrictions personally aside from something not too physical because I'm built like some kind of fucked up fatass dwarf. My dream would be to be an author but I know how unrealistic that is. I just honestly don't know what to do. I apply everywhere with zero responses. All I want is to start life but that's a bitch all on its own. Not helping is the fact my grandparents are threatening to kick me out even though I pay half their fucking bills myself.
>>
>>18282790
How can you only save 6 dollars a month from your paycheck? Are you exaggerating, or is that accurate? If you really want to move out and make actual change in your life, you should be able to make significant savings. Stop buying shit you don't need and keep your goal of moving out in your mind when you're tempted to buy it.
>>
>>18282790
ok. well don't give up the writing if that keeps you happy. but don't spend fucktons of dough on books either, download or hit the library.
one book you ought to get is What Colour is Your Parachute? you can find it easily s/h in last year's edition or older cheaply or in the library. work through that and jig up your CV and cover letters. should do a bit of good.

also, minimal living from now on. start saving.
have a chat with your grandparents about your plans (minus the author bit, yeah) and hopefully try to get them on board so you can get your act together.
>>
>>18282481
Mass send job applications to better positions.
>>
>>18282481

>Do voulenteer work for a bit get 150+ hours in.

>Apply for law enforcement/corrections work.

It's decently easy to get these jobs if you show you have some motivation and display you're a good citizen.
>>
>>18282481
Go to college during day, sleepwalk through your security job, pay the loan when your new college degree gets you a higher paying job
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.