[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you date when you have a really amazing ex? I feel like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: juniper-fox-5.jpg (95KB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
juniper-fox-5.jpg
95KB, 640x800px
How do you date when you have a really amazing ex?

I feel like no one else is bland in comparison. It has been two years and I'm still stuck.
>>
>>18282373
I want to know this as well
>>
>>18282373
seek therapy. recognizing their human flaws also helps.
>>
>>18283392
>seek therapy.
Already do.

>recognizing their human flaws also helps.
I do recognise he has flaws, but even his flaws work well with mine. Highly compatible.
>>
>>18283398
There will be another. If this was discord I'd say DM me but~
>>
>>18283398
There'all be another love. I know it's a shitty thing to hear and you probably want an better answer than that, but there's really all there is to it.

I think I understand completely where you're coming from though. Just keep looking and don't settle.
>>
>>18283410
Last guy I added from 4chan turned into a crazy stalker. I think I won't make online friends for a while.

>>18283419
It just feels lonely. It has been two years.
I'm a pretty girl and I try to put myself out there and move on. I get asked out, I go on dates - then I come home and I feel even more lonely.
I never even managed to kiss after we broke up.
>>
>>18283452
I'm sorry. I think I found my soulmate and I can't stand the thought of losing him because we're so connected. I would assume it was the same for you.

I hope you someone just as special soon anon. It'll take a little time.

If I can ask, what happened with your ex? Can you you two sort things out In any way?
>>
>>18283452
>>18283473

For both of you: The operative word is in the OP, STUCK.

If you feel stuck, you need to change things up. Make new friends, do new things, change the places you go to, etc.

Yeah, I know, you still have dates and you try. But what about the rest of the time? Is your house filled with mementos? Do your friends keep talking about him? Etc. etc. Find that stuff and remove it from your life.
>>
>>18283473
He got into a really prestigious school in another country and moved away after around 8 months of dating.
We agreed to not go long distance because we both had terrible experiences with it. I got cheated on, his ex girlfriend had a mental breakdown and tried to kill him.

Judging from his drunk texts/calls he loves me and cares about me, but probably drunk texts aren't a great indicator.
He still lives abroad.

>>18283484
No mementos. I have everything that reminds me of him in a box, hidden in my mom's basement. I deleted all texts and all emails and everything.
My friends sometimes mention him, but it's really rare nowadays. Everyone's trying to get me a boyfriend.
I do new things, but he's in my mind all the time - I still haven't gone a day without thinking of him.
>>
>>18283499
>Everyone's trying to get me a boyfriend.

That's not good. You should date for you, not for him. You are still letting him direct your actions, and your friends keep bringing it up by setting you up.
>>
>>18283508
I don't want to date anyone. I haven't liked anyone since.
My friends are trying to make me forget about him - take me to parties, introduce me to people, hook me up with guys and shit, but yeah... not going so well.
I find some guys physically attractive, but rarely interesting or intellectually stimulating. It's always so bland. Dates all feel the same, we always talk of the same stuff.
>>
>>18283512
>My friends are trying to make me forget about him - take me to parties, introduce me to people, hook me up with guys and shit, but yeah... not going so well.

As I said, your friends are constantly reminding you about him.

Do shit for you. If that means eating french fries while watching Monk for a whole weekend, just do it. But do it because you want.
>>
>>18283499
I think you need to have a good conversation with him over the phone Anon, one last time.

I had a relatively bad experience with leg distance as well and I know full well it won't be the same with every person. If you both care deeply about each other, it might be a shot you want to take. University and studies end eventually.
>>
>>18283525
>leg distance
Lmao. Long*

If nothing else op, there's a thread here that might help you a bit. It has more responses too >>18280489
>>
>>18283517
I should, you're right.
I just feel really stuck and tired. I really haven't felt that spark about anyone else after him, and I feel even more lonely because I'm surrounded by people who are doing their best to make me happy yet I feel... miserable.

>>18283525
I don't think he wants to come back here when he's done, I live in a pretty small town and with his degree he might move anywhere. I am attending a very good school as well and might be able to move with him, tho.
I care about him a lot, and I feel like he cares about me. I know that he cannot move on either and still hasn't dated anyone.

Maybe I'll really just call and see if we can figure this out.
>>
>>18283550

You don't own other people your happiness. It's, like, yours, right? Have some fun.Going to sleep after a decidedly fun day is the best way for me to think about my life. Gotta shake the bad funk first, you know?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.