[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I met a guy who's an investment banker. He makes a ton of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_3836.jpg (2MB, 2121x1414px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3836.jpg
2MB, 2121x1414px
I met a guy who's an investment banker. He makes a ton of money and he's lonely. His personality is very jarring as he grew up rich and my family has been anywhere from dirt poor immigrants to middle class. Would it be wrong to date him just for money/gifts? He's nice to me, slightly above average looking.
>>
Yes it would be wrong.

What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>18281831

yes.
>>
Make it look real, merry him.
>>
Is it wrong to manipulate people for monetary gains ?

Yes.
>>
>>18281831
He uses his skills to make money as investment banker. You can use your skills to make money as his date. Why would there be anything wrong with that? He's getting companionship, you're getting financial benefits. Sounds fair.
>>
>>18281864
I'm 19. I don't want to get married.
>>
>>18281877
You realize that the entire system is build on manipulating people for monetary gain, right?
>>
>>18281831
If he's that lonely you could probably be honest with him if you do it right.
>>
>>18281881
It's fine then. He doesn't see you seriously either. He will just have you as a sex toy until he gets tired of you. If you are fine with that go for it.
>>
>>18281880
assuming shes a hooker and shes informed him that shes a hooker, yeah, nothing wrong with it

otherwise, its deceiving and manipulation at his expense, both financially and emotionally.
>>
>>18281942
He doesn't think much of me because of my age?
>>18281964
I'm not a hooker.
>>
>>18282003
How old is he? He must be at least a few years older than you. And yes, he will see you as a kid. He will date you and have sex with you but he will not see you as a serious gf because you are barely an adult.
>>
>>18282010
He's 26. The age difference is nothing. I don't come off as childish.
>>
>>18282019
I'm a guy in his 30s who has dated girls much younger. I can tell you that I would never see a 19 year old girl as something serious.

How about you turn it into a win-win situation and instead if trying to be his gf be his sugar baby? No relationship complications plus you get money and gifts.
>>
>>18282003
you are manipulating him with false promises of love/romance/sex, for money.

youre just a manipulative whore. so yes its wrong.
>>
>>18281884

No
The system is built so that two people mutually benefit from an exchange
Economy is not a zero sum game
>>
>>18282023
Sugar babies are whores.
>>18282028
I believe that most rich people relationships are shallow so mine wouldn't be any different.
>>
>>18282036
Nothing wrong with being a sugar baby. Or a whore. Lots of girls actually do it in one form or another.
>>
>>18282031
>mutually benefit from an exchange
Just like here? He gets pussy and companionship. She gets money. He pays with money. She pays with time. It's a win-win with the possibility of turn into a loss for him if he catches feelz. Whether it's a company that manipulates you to buy shit you don't actually need or she manipulates him into thinking that she cares, what difference does it make for the business?

>>18282019
Ahaha. Hahaha. That's what all kids think. Unless he's mentally disabled, you do come off as a kid to him. Not like it stops horny guys.

>>18282036
>Sugar babies are whores.
What you consider to do is whoring, no matter how you choose to call it. Not like there is anything wrong with that, but it's silly to delude yourself.

>I believe that most rich people relationships are shallow
So how many rich people in relationships do you know?
>>
>>18281877
are you saying marriage is legalised prostitution, amigo??
>>
>>18282041
I have morals.
>>18282056
I don't know any rich people, but I know that they lack depth and maintaining appearances is important.
>>
>>18282125
your upwardly-mobile middle-class whore-schtick would be endearing if you weren't insufferably moralistic and judgemental about people you admittedly haven't any exposure to.

read "Madame Bovary" and have a nice life.
>>
>>18282056

>Just like here?

No, he's being decieved. If she's upfront about it and that's what he wants, then yes it'll be mutually good, but as far as we know and the way she worded it, she'll trick him into believing she's into him. Contracts where one party is being decieved on the nature of what they're recieving are generally considered null and void by the laws of civilized countries specifically because it's not actually the right way to make exchanges.

If he wants to be a sugar daddy that's cool, but again, she made it sound like he was looking for a genuine relationship, which is not what she's selling
>>
>>18282141

Did you completely miss the point of madame Bovary... ?
>>
>>18282125
That depends a lot on how they obtained their money. There are definitely people like you described but also many who are a complete opposite. Making broad statements over huge groups of people, specially if you never interacted with them is beyond silly. (and a clear sign of immaturity)
>>
>>18282147
It'd be him deceiving himself if she's not making any explicit promises.
>>
>>18282141
I read stuff so I have an idea of how rich people are. I've also picked up on how entitled the guy I am talking to is. He's lived in a bubble his whole life.

I'm not a whore.
>>18282147
I want to be in a relationship with him, primarily because of the benefits. He gets companionship. I'm not scamming him.
>>
>>18282150
Did you miss the second part of his sentence?
>>
>>18282151
Do you know any rich people?
>>
>>18281831
There is nothing wrong with this OP. Most Investment bankers are maniacs and deserve this kind of two-faced treatment, since it's how they treat others. Do it OP
>>
>>18282164

True, because that's not an exchange protected by law, but wrong, because culturally speaking there's a set of not entirely unreasonable expectations that go into a standard implicit relationship, like not cheating, and that there's supposed to be an emotional connection. Again, we don't know what he wants because OP didn't state it (and doesn't seem particularly keen on finding out).

>>18282173

>He gets companionship. I'm not scamming him.

But is that all he wants
Can you confidently say that without discussing the matter with him
You seem to have unilateraly decided the terms of this "contract", but I don't see you anywhere saying that the guy isn't actually romantically courting you but just wants to buy your company. Untill that's proven true, you're purposefully not mentioning to him your terms because you know he wouldn't agree to them if you did, hence deception.
>>
>>18282232
Fuck off beta cuck. Go back to Falador
>>
OP needs to be beat to death stupid fucking whore holy shit
>>
>>18282244
May I refer you to this post you bastard
>>18282234
>>
File: 798[1].png (306KB, 593x540px) Image search: [Google]
798[1].png
306KB, 593x540px
>>18282234
>>
Despite all the sperg rage in this thread, that is a totally fucked up thing to do.
>>
>>18282222
Bit more than two dozens if we ignore the ones who aren't rich anymore or the ones who got rich by overly shady means. All low double digits multi millionaires, so "really well of" fits probably better than "rich".

Immigrant poorfag myself, so it's not like I want to defend them or feel any affinity towards richfags, but many of them aren't that bad and specially not shallow, although they do live disconnected from the outside world, unless they were poorfags before or experienced the normal life as kids/students.

>>18282232
> because culturally speaking
Meh, not the best argument to act in a way that disadvantages you.
>>
>>18282232
It's not a contract though. We are dating, not in a relationship yet. This isn't a sugar baby thing. You're not getting it. There's no terms. It would just be a regular bf/gf thing. I just see the monentary benefit.
>>
>>18282292

>act in a way that disadvantages you

People are allowed to make choices that aren't economically rational if they attach emotional value to things.

If he does, the exchange is duplicitous on OP's part, because she knows he does yet she chooses to keep silent about her own interpretation of the relationship, or even worse to reinforce his beliefs.
>>
>>18281831
as long as you don't tell him you love him or stay if he starts to get serious go ahead and have fun. Just don't get lazy and stop your studies.
>>
>>18282299
>People are allowed to make choices that aren't economically rational if they attach emotional value to things.
That's how most of shit that isn't pure utility is sold after all. His expectations and management of these are not her responsibility in any way, as long she isn't outright lying, she's golden.

Though she seems to fool herself more than anybody else, so the idea doesn't sound that good after all.
>>
>>18282320

Lying by omission is still lying
>>
>>18282323
From cultural/moral point of view yes, when it comes to business it's no where close. Hell, in US of A even getting away with completely bullshit marketing is possible and we don't even know if OP goes all the way there.
>>
>>18282346

Well, OP is asking wether or not it'd be wrong, not legal

If something is lying from a moral point of view, if the only goal of that lie is personal gain, then yes, it is wrong.
>>
>>18282350
So when your parents lie and say their proud of you, you consider that wrong?
>>
File: zUwqrhM[1].png (513KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
zUwqrhM[1].png
513KB, 1280x720px
>>18282351

Well, good job looking civilized up to this point I guess
>>
>>18281831
If I was the guy in this situation I'd be okay with it. So I wouldn't say it's wrong, but mabye you wouldn't be okay with it in his situation, if so, than it IS wrong.
>>
>>18281831
>I met a guy
>Would it be wrong to date him just for money/gifts?
>investment banker

This is morally allowed with anyone who works in finance (i.e. banks). There's a clause about it in the bible. Matthew 21:12 .You're good.

Take him for all he's worth OP. Get married for high score.
>>
>>18281838
Don't listen to this prick.

>>18281831
He probably wants you to. 100 years of evolution says so. I.e. what's the point of status if it can't get you laid?
>>
Op there is a term for what you are wanting to be.

Prostitute.
>>
>>18283008
No.
Anyway, I have decided that I'm going to go ahead and do this. I'm not trying to marry him and get alimony and like I said, rich people are used to shallow relationships.
>>
>>18281831
I mean let's be honest, the only reason this guy got that job was for the pussy, there's no way someone actually likes doing that shit.
>>
>>18282125
>I have morals.
No, you fucking don't.
>>
>>18282003
Honey, youre thinking of offering emotional and sexual satisfaction to a lonely man in exchange for money and gifts. A hooker is precisely what you are.
>>
>>18283067
Dont project m8
>>
>>18283092
He is not paying me. This isn't a sugar baby thing.
>>
>>18283136
Ok that changes it, as long as hes not consistently paying for your things or buying gifts.

Say if you want a new purse and he gets you one. If he pays for the drinks every time. If he helps with bills a lot. Basically if you get roughly equal amount from him as someone on benefits or minimum wage would earn, then yeah, hes definitely paying you.
>>
>>18283136
Also dont get me wrong. You can definitely go for it just to expect things for him but this will be youre job and you should treat it as on. Do a good job, offer good service, be reliable, dont be late, learn what you need to learn to do well and put the job before everything else when on the job.

This isnt a relationship and it pays for your stuff. Take it seriously, yeah?
>>
>>18282992
Don't listen to this prick.
>>
>>18282036
>other people do it

That doesn't make it right, it makes you another manipulative hoe.
>>
>>18283160
If he wants to do that, he can. I would be an appreciative girlfriend.
>>
File: 1da.jpg (18KB, 600x539px) Image search: [Google]
1da.jpg
18KB, 600x539px
>>18282234
>>
File: IMG_3078.jpg (50KB, 640x853px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3078.jpg
50KB, 640x853px
>>18281880
This.

I mean it's a little demeaning to your self-worth OP, but it's not the worst thing in the world. I mean you are giving him your companionship and time out of your day. Just don't marry him though, 5and duck out of it starts looking serious. If you marry him you'll always be his poor, immigrant, pet wife that he doesn't fully respect and only sees as arm candy.
>>
>>18283008
Oh fuck off, it's not even close you idiot.
>>
>>18282125
If you're planning to try and date someone just for money/gifts that's pretttyyy much just a sugar baby.
>>
>>18282003
>i'm not a hooker
>Would it be wrong to date him just for money/gifts?

top fucking kek
>>
>>18283455
>it's not even close you idiot.

What! It's literally the same thing in theory! She is dating him for his money, she is going to date him for money/gifts, she said it herself! Maybe it's not as degenerate as being a literal prostitute but the audacity of
>it's not even close
It's as close as anything can get to prostitution! Are you insane?
>>
to be fair to the OP, sounds like 2/3 marriages.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.