[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello. >be me >Graduated a year ago from a very very

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: 245.jpg (80KB, 1333x900px) Image search: [Google]
245.jpg
80KB, 1333x900px
Hello.

>be me
>Graduated a year ago from a very very well respected engineering school in Mechanical Engineering
>Still unemployed
>Turn 23 years old very soon

Don't know what to do :/
>>
>>18281468
Live with parents, get any job. Search for better job.
>>
File: Cover A.jpg (417KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
Cover A.jpg
417KB, 650x650px
>>18281468
I feel you. Graduated in Cognitive Science at a uni, and have been unable to find a job since last June. Working at an amazon prime facility stowing and bagging trying to get on my feet again.
>>
>>18281468
Don't stop learning OP. If you're still looking for engineering jobs, try to take online classes, even if it's just review. Do projects in your (ample) spare time that show you're genuinely interested and still using your brain. It will give you a solid answer when an interviewer asks what you've been doing since graduation.

>>18281657
Hey me too! It's rough, but at least we know all about the cerebellum.
>>
Do you have ANY work experience? Or are you one of those people who thought that a STEM degree was enough, and now that you have a degree you're too good to work a wageslave job?
>>
>>18281468
Keep job hunting but at the same time take a couple of Business courses, like Management, to sex up your cv
>>
>>18281468
Are you ready to move after a job? My friend (English literature major) just moved 600 kilometers away as he got an executive director position in a hotel.
>>
>>18281468
Make sure your CV is customized for the job type you seek and has some color or any feature that distinguishes it from the grey mass. Make one CV for pure engineering jobs, one for closely related jobs, one for jobs that benefit from any academic skills (manager / dev positions, for example). Send the proper CV with a good covering note to every possible industry in your area.

Or: if you have a jack-of-all-trades CV and some experience, just make an interesting covering note, add CV as attachment and send your open application across the country to all possible employers. Use blind carbon copy (BCC) field in email to hide the fact that you are sending the same message to hundreds of places.
>>
File: 1442662406361-b.jpg (53KB, 596x628px)
1442662406361-b.jpg
53KB, 596x628px
>fell for the college meme
>>
>>18282948
It's better to be a NEET cryptocurrency trader instead?
>>
>>18282964
Funny enough that neet crypto trader probably makes more than most college grads these days lol
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.