[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

20 year old failure at life here. Can't even drive. How

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: computer.png (23KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
computer.png
23KB, 600x600px
20 year old failure at life here. Can't even drive. How do I avoid becoming one of those 25+ neets? This is literal hell and it doesn't look like things will ever improve.
>>
>>18280321
bud if i knew the answer to that i wouldn't be one of those 25 year old neets
>>
>>18280337
What went wrong for you?
>>
Just do all the things normal people do as best you can. And be positive all the time. Right now you could go work out or learn a new language. It's hard to be positive when you've already defined yourself by your failures. But there's tons of small joys to be found by selling out and becoming another brick in the wall. It's all a state of mind and you gotta find the one that says wtf is this shit this all needs to go right now
>>
Why can't you learn to drive?
>>
>>18280348
Unable to drive due to severe anxiety and no jobs in my field are available within a reasonable distance.
>>
>>18280398
Can't take up family offers or mum forces me to stop

Driving school is a lot of time and money, but I'm getting a job soon
>>
>>18280321
Find something you enjoy doing. Something that even remotely makes you happy, or feel something. Do that and invest your time and energy to that. Develop a hobby. Go out and do that thing. Eventually you will meet like minded people.
>>
>>18280392
> It's all a state of mind and you gotta find the one that says wtf is this shit this all needs to go right now
What did you mean by this?
>>
>>18280399
You have two options:

1. Too bad. Learn to drive anyway.
2. Relocate to a metropolitan area with a strong jobs outlook and robust public transportation.
>>
>>18280705
I know, I have been trying but even with taking a benzo it's difficult.
>>
>>18280812
Ask your doc for a prescription of a beta blocker, e.g. propranolol. these medications help control physcial anxiety symptoms, like a clammy feeling, 'stomach dropping', heart racing, sweating, tremors etc. Start on a 20-40mg dose and you'll be golden.

I'm talking as someone who learned how to drive at 24, after failing to do it years later because my anxiety prevented me.
>>
At only 20 years old, you are not a failure. You just don't have any experience yet. I didn't get my license until I was 23. Been driving for over 12 years now. Only 1 speeding ticket. You are going to have anxiety your first year or so of driving. Once you become more comfortable behind the wheel, it will dissipate completely. Just be aware of your surroundings while driving. DON'T BE AN ASSHOLE AND DRINK AND DRIVE!
>>
The best way to drive is to fuck everyone else on the road. Insurance covers everything. Just try not to hit stuff and let everything else be secondary. Also don't worry about the fags behind yoy, make them suffer and take as much time as you want because they would do it to you.

Why do you feel anxiety when driving?
>>
>>18282329
I've never driven
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.