[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You're texting with a guy on tinder and he took ages to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0834.png (57KB, 420x294px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0834.png
57KB, 420x294px
You're texting with a guy on tinder and he took ages to answer your text but texted you a long ass message what does it mean?
Of course I waited for awhile before answering his text as well.
> He asked me to meet up I said I might be busy on that day can't confirm yet => disappeared.
>>
>>18280090
he might not be on tinder 24/7

or he just dropped you
>>
>>18280103
He might be not on there 24/7 but dropping a girl after asking for a meeting and the girl says she's not sure yet? Beta
>>
>>18280121
Beta recognizes beta.
>>
>>18280121
>the girl says she's not sure yet
Well yeah there you have it, I would've done the same if I were him
You're dumb
>>
>>18280090
>I said I might be busy on that day can't confirm yet => disappeared.
Duh. He thinks you're flaking out so he's moved on. Should've given a more clear answer OP
>>
>>18280121
you know what days you're busy. Why do women do this?

"I'm not sure yet" is the same as "I'm not interested in you" to any guy. If you didn't already know that, you know that now.
>>
>>18280121
I like how you call him beta when really he just doesn't give a shit
This is hilarious
You're so pathetic you don't even realize it
>>
>>18280090
>He asked me to meet up I said I might be busy on that day can't confirm yet => disappeared

Someone told me they needed to check their schedule but they would text me. They never contacted me again.
>>
>>18280090
>Of course I waited for awhile before answering his text as well.
Grow up.

>I said I might be busy on that day can't confirm yet => disappeared.
Just like that? Jesus.

He might be a betalord like you, so it takes him a while to find the right words, or he's a normal person with a normal life and can't check on your shit 24/7. A long ass message usually speaks for interest though.
>>
>>18280252
I fail to see how lack of response equals being beta.
Either that or I don't understand what beta is at all.
>>
>>18280257
It's not lack of response but playing the waiting games like 14 year old kids do.
>>
>>18280260
That's simple immaturity, not being beta. Women do that shit all the time too.
Or maybe it's not about playing a waiting game but flaking out before the other person flakes out on you. Still immature, still not beta.
>>
>>18280262
It's immaturity is a pretty vague thing, it's insecurity: "amg, I don't want to seem too interested and needy" and well, only betas give a shit about things like that.

>but flaking out before the other person flakes out on you.
Same shit, why would you care about that if you weren't a beta? It's not like setting up a tinder date takes that much time.
>>
>>18280270
Stop projecting. There's nothing that tells you it's insecurity. If anything, it's either lack of interest or simple immaturity.
>>
>>18280252
This is me
>>18280245
So as someone who has been in the guy's situation what is the right course of action besides bailing? It's not like I don't have other options. I thought about this a lot and drew some conclusions at the time.

People under 30 do not have to consult their secretary to know their daily schedule. Telling someone you don't know if you're available is seen as a polite rejection because you're making it clear that you're keeping your options open that day and would prefer something better. If a girl is actually interested she will either make it clear that she has a serious obligation (and possibly suggest an alternative day) or she will push her up in the air maybe plans aside.
>>
>>18280273
>timing your reply
>being afraid that other person flakes first, so trying to do it before them
That's the opposite of lack of interest. If you're not interested, you don't give a shit when you/the other person replies and whether they flake or not.
>>
>>18280286
Again, there's no indication of anything you said whatsoever. Stop projecting.
>>
>>18280286
Also, when you give a shit you don't reply either.
>>
>>18280284
>Telling someone you don't know if you're available is seen as a polite rejection because you're making it clear that you're keeping your options open that day and would prefer something better.
For adults. For kids like OP and the guy it can be pretty confusing.

>>18280289
Outside of all the posts, sure. No indication at all.
>>
>>18280295
when you don't give a shit**
>>
>>18280284

For what it's worth, I've been working in a busy corporate job since I was 25, and in fact HAVE had to "check my schedule" to make sure I'm not doing anything.

Now, I wouldn't dismiss someone with "I might be busy on that day can't confirm yet," I'd say - sorry I'm waiting on a meeting that might to be set up, or my friend is coming in town I think, let me look and if not maybe we can do this day.

What OP said clearly sounds like a dismissal or like she's waiting for something better to come up and is just an intentionally flaky person. My ex girlfriend used to do it because making plans made her nervous. But she had to realize that if she wasn't going to make time for me, I was just gonna stop bothering, because I don't want to sit around and have no plans while you make up your mind.
>>
>>18280312
A simple way to word it better would be to add "I'll hit you back later today when I know"
>>
>>18280312
I meant I told him that my friends are planning for dinner already but they haven't decided where and when yet do I don't know if that day I'm free.
No response. If he reply like it's okay or such I might offer the next day. I don't know who is at fault but this is gonna be my experience for the next guy
>>
>>18280402
live and learn, man.

Basically, people are trying to tell you to be explicit.

If you actually said "my friends are planning for dinner already but they haven't decided where and when yet so I don't know if that day I'm free" then that's on the dude.

If you said "I might be busy on that day can't confirm yet" you, whether you knew it or not, rejected him.

Armed with that new knowledge, you can modify your tinder interactions.

I seriously hope I don't have to date new people again. This shit sounds like a fucking nightmare.
>>
If the guy is this much of a headache already just unmatch from him and move on. Ur time is more valuable than all this mess. Just find a guy that responds in then timeline which works for you. Ask urself this: could I deal with this BS for 40 years? If the answer is no then just unmatch.
>>
>>18280090
Just a heads up:
You told him no and youre confused as to why he left? When someone asks a yes or no question and you say "maybe", that's a no. Especially if it's for a certain time and day; you're not some fucking celebrity that has plans popping at every moment to not know if you'll be available.

It's not that he dropped you, you dropped yourself by being aloof.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.