[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When gaming and midlife crisis collide. I'm in my late 30's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: omg!.jpg (6KB, 250x141px) Image search: [Google]
omg!.jpg
6KB, 250x141px
When gaming and midlife crisis collide. I'm in my late 30's and my parents and even some relatives are trolling me that i'm on a midlife crisis due that i still play video games. I have my job, i live on my own but gaming is my hobby. I only play video games when i'm off work and during the weekend and it's a stress reliever. And finally midlife crisis is a myth so how i can convince my parents and relatives that i enjoy my gaming hobby and refusing to act like a boring old fart.
>>
>>18280089
Why are you gaming? You live alone? Late thirties?
>>
Video games are fucking awesome dude. Tell them you love to play them because everyone is different and has their own hobbies.
Society frowns upon playing games due to a number of reasons, but that doesn't make it any less of a hobby and possible passion. Who gives a shit what people think, do what you love my man
>>
Why do they even care for something you do (probably) in your time alone???
Next tell them that you also still masturbate, just to weird them out and make them stop being so nosy
>t. 29 and playing hard
>>
>>18280089
your parents and relatives don't understand the meaning of the term midlife crisis.

A midlife crisis is when someone does a fantastically stupid thing to shake their life up, like buying a motorcycle or a sports car, or marrying a 19 year old they just met. Continuing to do a hobby you've done for 20 years isn't a midlife crisis; it's a hobby.
>>
>>18280089

Your relatives are idiots and should be seen as such. Anyone that believes that you're "too old for" just about anything are fucking assholes that just want to suck fun from their lives for the sake of what someone told them was mature once.

If you have your life together, spend your spare time like you want.
>>
There's nothing wrong with playing games in your leisure time. If you've got a job and support yourself you can do whatever you want in your off time. Is it the best use of your free time? Probably not, but if you enjoy it and helps you unwind then more power to you. It's silly there's still some stigma attached to older people that game.

I've been gaming since before most of the people on here were born. I've always kept a healthy social life, I'm pretty active and I grew up playing sports, but I just enjoyed playing games. Now it's carried over into adulthood on the weekend and after work if I have time. A lot of it for me the competitive aspect of gaming.

I get a little grief from my mom and my older sister that I still game but it's usually just banter. How's the rest of you life going though? Any romantic prospects, if that's something you want? Social life? If you don't care for these things and you're content doing what you're doing then there's nothing wrong with it. Explain it to your family that it relaxes you and frankly you're fine in every aspect of your life.
>>
>>18280089
Ah 4chan, the only place besides gaming forums where sitting on your ass and playing videogames is a lifestyle.
>>
>>18280089
It's a no-life crisis. They got the two confused.

Also boomers are mad because they don't even have the attention span to read books or watch TV that isn't specially tailored nostalgia garbage, let alone play vidya.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.