[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/, This is actually my first post on 4chan, so please

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 1

File: 1476647728200.png (29KB, 741x568px) Image search: [Google]
1476647728200.png
29KB, 741x568px
Hey /adv/,
This is actually my first post on 4chan, so please don't be too harsh T^T. I've been lurking for a while now but never had the courage to actually post something, until now. I'll try my best to explain my problems, but I apologise in advance if it's choppy since explaining my thoughts isn't my forte. I would be extremely grateful if anyone could spare me some advice!

So, to start us off, I was diagnosed with autism about 3 years ago. During that time, I had been suffering with depression and suicidal thoughts.. The diagnosis was the final push my parents needed to fulfil my wish, of taking me out of school, and letting me teach myself at home, which I have been doing so for the past 2 years. Since, I wasn't leaving the house, or talking to anyone during that time, I have lost any social skills I ever had, which wasn't much in the first place. I'm now no longer able to leave the house on my own due to anxiety. Even if I could go out, I would have no one to go with, since I have 0 friends, and I mean none. At the same time, I'm not too bothered about that as I've gotten quite used to it. I have, however, met some people online that I've become friends with, and talked to them for several months, but after a while I grow tired of them. I know it's terrible and I always feel so guilty, but I just stop replying to their messages, and seemingly disappear.

There's a lot of things I would like to fix about myself, but I can't go about them if I'm not even able to talk to anyone other than my close family. Even cousins, aunts, uncles and grandparents are a struggle to communicate with.

Gosh, I've really made a mess of this, haven't I?

All I wish for is some advice on how to cope with my autism better. Or perhaps it's not something I can change, and I just have to accept that I'll be living the life of a NEET, since I'll be unable to leave the house to work.

Any sort of feedback would be much appreciated! Even if it is to criticise my shitty grammar!
>>
Damn, that was a lot longer than I expected it to be.
>>
>>18280017
>T^T
No.
>>
>>18280038
why anon? T^T
>>
yeah i'm not reading that
>>
>>18280017
>>18280017
first off allot of people are going to hate on you for the emoticon crap like >>18280038 did, but don't let it get to you

I've also been diagnosed in my teens, only asperger though, thing I did was never look up any of the symptoms or other innuendo's that come with it and just live my life, I mean we're all born with some shit, no need to fuss about it and make stuff harder then it is

a thing that might also help you is online communities, the advice I'd add is not to stress to much there either, you'll probably often think that everything you do inpacts peoples opinions about you allot but that aint true, the only thing it does is conjure a short thought which'll be forgotten soon after

what I'm saying is just roll with life and don't let shit get you down, you'll manage as long as you go out and do things, start slow and slowly build up

family will always be awkward to share close things with cause they'll be with you for life so just keep it casual with em and it'll be fine

I'll keep this thread open if you feel like talking man
>>
>>18280055
Sorry it was so long, I didn't mean for it to be. I understand if you don't want to read it.
>>
>>18280017
Autistic here.
Spent the ages of 11-16 homeschooled with no friends and extreme anxiety about leaving the house.
I now regularly go to college and I'm not a virgin, don't shit on yourself you can do it, if I can anyone can.
>>
>>18280017
>>18280076
>don't shit on yourself you can do it
This is the best advice you'll get form here OP.
>>
>>18280057
You have no idea how much this helps! I've never talked to someone who understands how I feel so well, especially the part about how my actions impact other people's opinions about me. I think it is one of the main problems I have, thinking that I can't make mistakes otherwise people will judge me for it. It tends to stop me from doing anything at all to avoid the embarrassment of making mistakes. I'll have a go at the online communities thing, hopefully I'll meet some people on there. Thank you so much for your advice.
>>
>>18280099
glad to hear so mate, go out there and enjoy anything you can
>>
>>18280084
Autistic anon here.
It's hard to tell if you're being sarcastic or I'm just autistic...
It's hard for me to express myself!
Force youself to join some sort of club anon, or college or something.
I took a vocational course in college and didn't speak to anyone for two weeks haha.
>>
>>18280076
Thanks anon, I'll remember that. I had no idea other people shared my same experiences, hopefully my outcome is the same as yours.
>>
>>18280084
Anything helps to be honest. This is the most attention I've gotten in years, so even that makes me feel a lot better.
>>
>>18280104
I had the same problem figuring that out too, think it's sarcasm. I joined a Japanese club before, since I'm currently learning the language. I showed up one time, but never went back again. It's a shame really since there were a lot of people who shared the same interests as me. I think I need to force myself a bit more, so I'll go back this weekend and see how it goes.
>>
>>18280107
why don't you tell us how your weeks been anon?
>>
>>18280158
Not very active at all to be honest with you. Mainly studied, watched some anime. God, really makes me realise how uneventful my life is at the moment. How was your's anon?
>>
>>18280119
First time I went to college I literally ran away after an hour.
>>
>>18280168
worked and hung around with some friends

my new job has me working many hours but I love it, decided to make the switch from working for allot of money to working a job I really like

watching anime now as well, I enjoy it so why would I hate that I'm doing it? your life doesn't need to be eventfull to be fun, events honnestly sounds like allot of conflicts and that aint nice haha
>>
>>18280171
haha I'm sorry you had to go through that anon. Gosh, if it were me I wouldn't even be able to step another foot back into the building. How were you able to recover?
>>
Start slow, going out to wallmart to buy some shit, you'll have to see some faces, though you'll dont have to talk to them, i guess its a good start.
If it seems too much, just go for a walk in the streets, you'll end up seeing some faces and getting used to them, with time, you get this contact closer.
>>
>>18280184
wow sounds great anon. I would love to have a job that I would enjoy. What work is it?
I agree, I really do enjoy my life at the moment as I'm doing the things I enjoy, no matter how uneventful, it's just the future I'm mostly worried about. I'm going to sixth form in September, so hopefully I'll survive that. I don't think it's healthy, but I'm also worried about having to get a job and such, since I'm afraid I won't be able to go out to work. But like other's said, I should just roll on and not get unnecessarily stressed over things. Thanks for the wake up call though, I'll make sure to keep doing the things I love, they bring me most happiness after all.
>>
>>18280199
This might sound silly, but I'm not sure what 'normal' people do when they walk out on their own. I wonder what sort of things they think about, or if they're thinking of anything at all. When I walk out, my mind is usually filled with insecurities, like how people are most likely judging me and my appearence. I might try listening to music to see if that helps keep my mind off things.
I had a bit of a traumatic experience last time I went down to the local shop, where the bag broke twice and I had to go back to ask for a new bag both times. Haven't been back on my own since.
Might try bringing my own bag just in case. Thanks for the advice, I'll give it a go.
>>
>>18280017
Study programming or somesuch - if you can't leave the house to go to a job, find a career where the job can come to your house.

As for the rest, yeah that's a mess. But you do seem passably eloquent in a text medium, so you have that going for you.
>>
>>18280244
They don't think about anything special at all, go to the shop with your own bag and get out of home with a pre defined thought about some shit you like, like a game, and go thinking about that, when your thoughts start to change to the insecure ones, force yourself to change and focus on the thing you were thinking about.
>>
>>18280229
I work at an event area, I help groups of people play games like paintball, shooting arrows or ride off road vehicles and such, it's really busy but loads of fun

I remember my first job, I worked in a call center, it was shit from start till finish and all the people I worked with seemed like they had everything together which made me feel bad.

but that's what happens in your late teens, aint no way avoiding it even after you read this, other lives will look amazing cause you only see glimpses of it, they also return home to do nothing.

and over the years you'll find a single mate at school or work who'll someday introduce you to other people that like the same stuff and you'll slowly but surely build a circle of friends.

and it aint bad to feel bad, just take a day off, eat chips spare ribs and watch random shit as long as you try and shrug it off the day after
>>
>>18280244
When I go out for a walk I'm usually taking the chance to rest my eyes on organic shapes and colours, living in a place that's all right angles isn't what we evolved with. And I suspect it undernourishes a certain type of spatial reasoning/awareness which has broad applicability to non-rectilinear problems.

So if I'm out walking I'm looking at the trees, grass, birds, all that kind of stuff. Everything else is in my mental life is on the back burner.
>>
>>18280251
thanks for the compliment anon! I never thought about working at home, I'll look into it some more. Thanks to my autism, I tend to pick things up pretty quickly so I'll check out programming. I'm definately gonna be busy for the next few weeks with all these great ideas!
>>
>>18280281
to be honest programming jobs aint bad at work locations either, if you're good at it you are very likely to find like minded people working there, don't condemn yourself to your own home man
>>
>>18280254
It's a little late now, but I'm determinded to go out and pick up my lunch tomorrow from the shop. You really have helped a lot anon! In return for your help, I will try my best and I also wish you a wonderful week.
>>
You write really well dude.
>>
>>18280261
yeah that does sound pretty busy, but good busy, as in you're always active and enjoying yourself. I understand now that times will be rough, however I'm not the only one suffering despite how it seems. I do hope I make some friends, I was being a bit ignorant in my original post, as now that I'm reading everyone's replies, it makes me realise just how lonely I am. Your comment's really mean a lot more than you may think. I wish you all the best anon! Keep doing what you love!
>>
>>18280264
haha, thanks for summing it up in the last part. I was struggling a little to understand to be honest. You sound really intellectual anon, I'm jealous. I shall try this, my mind tends to wander rather easily, especially when making observations like the simple things you suggested. Thanks for the advice!
>>
>>18280292
I understand, it'll probably just take a while to get used to life outside my bedroom. Though I would like to meet people like myself in real life, so that does really help as motivation.
>>
>>18280320
haha I do find that rather shocking in all honesty, since I'm backtracking a lot while writing these replies. However, I really appreciate you saying so.
>>
>>18280332
>>18280355
no worries man, wish nothing but the best for you

going to bed now but I'll keep the thread up in my browser to check on ya later, these things usually last a long time here and I'd love to hear what kinda progress you'll make

I just realized that for me it all started when I started collecting warhammer with a friend, in some time a few other people joined us and through that chain I met almost all of my friends, life sometimes works in a funny way like that, godspeed buddy!
>>
>>18280365
I should be hitting the sack too now, but I've pumped myself up a bit too much. Probably should have reconsidered the timing when posting this.
In the future, I'll definitely update on how things are going if that would interest you.

haha that sounds great. I've tried warhammer before, but I couldn't quite wrap my head around it, since I thought it was confusing. I really like how you can customize the little figures though. Taking up a hobby doesn't seem like a bad idea. I used to want to be in a band since I play guitar, though I always considered it a ridculous idea as I have serious stage fright. Perhaps this 'mental training' will help me recover from that too. Thanks for the encouragement and sleep well!
>>
I say this in the most platonic way but your shyness and down-to-earth self really makes me want to be your friend.
>>
>>18280571
thank you anon, I'm flattered. I would love to be your friend.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.