[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, I'm hardly a socially awkward guy - at least, on the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: two-male-friends-2.jpg (9KB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
two-male-friends-2.jpg
9KB, 400x224px
So, I'm hardly a socially awkward guy - at least, on the outside. I have a solid, albeit small, group of close male friends and I even have an active romantic life, asking girls out and getting at least a date half the time. I get it. But I realized that the nature of all my guy friends was proximity in so much that we were in a group (a church group, of all things) that met regularly and we began hanging out outside of that. We had a commonality that eventually lead to us becoming friends. Same with female friends, although a bit different.

With romantic interests, I feel like there's less to lose, for some reason, if they reject me or say "no." Plus, they know my intentions are clear if I say "let's have lunch" or "let's get coffee."

This is all to say that recently I met this guy in a class of mine and we have a ton in common. He's a cool guy I've had about 15 minutes of conversation with and I really think we'd be good friends if we hung out and got to know each other. Thing is, because the only thing we have is class, how do I... "pursue" this? That's such a weird word, which is a prime concern - I don't want him to think I'm asking him on a date or to fuck or something. He's just a cool guy and I want to be his friend.

As adults, this gets weird and awkward and I don't know how to handle it. All my friendships seem to have happened by circumstance or accident; how do you intentionally make friends?
>>
>>18279889
Easy.

You invade his private life. Ask him what is he doing, where he lives, from where is he from, offer him to join your friend group activities, ask him what he does for fun on weekends and force yourself into it.

Tldr stick to him like a glue.
>>
>>18279902
That... sounds like horrible advice.

Or maybe it's brilliant I just have to find his Facebook, cross reference his photos with geographical locations and show up one day, insisting we're to become best friends and then I reveal a knife, cut his thumb, and we become blood brothers.

Mite b cool
>>
>>18279904
I dont know about the knife method or the whole cross geographical thing, but you are just overthinking problems.

Most humans (even introverts) enjoys having various social interactions. And talking is one of them. I could write
>just talk to him
but then you would be like
>about what?

Maybe it sounds like some evil plan, but that is what friends are. People you trust so much you allow them to invade your private life and even willingly shares joys, sorrows and secrets with.
>>
>>18279911
I guess the main thing I'm talking about isn't really "what" to talk about, but getting a chance to. We are in one class for an hour three times a week and the whole time it's pretty much just a lecture.

I'd like a chance to get to know the guy more because we really do have a ton in common... I just don't know how to say "hey, let's hang out" without being weird about it.
>>
>>18279915
Hi.
Can i sit next to you?
<irony>Man, are you as excited as me for this lecture?
What do you even study?
Do you like it?
What will your future job look like?
What are you doing this weekend?
Bla bla bla.

It doesnt matter if you will look like a fag. In the worst case ypu will have to give him no homo hand job.

Wanna new friend? Work for it. You cant scare him away really. In the worst case scenario you will have another class new try.
>>
>>18279933
Sounds to me like annoying guy desperately trying to make friends.
>>
>>18279952
Yeah, I'm kinda getting that from that post, too.
>>
Talk about your shit when you are near him and see if he is interested, something that goes like

You: Fml
Him: Whats wrong?
You: Nah my gf just got mad about bla bla bla

Then if he is interested he will try to give you some conversation about it, just make up a problem near him and see if he wants to help you out/give advice
>>
>>18279952
Guess i annoyed all my friends so much that they had only two choices:
>challenge me to a fight to death
>accept defeat and submit for friendship

:-)

Of course it sounds like a little autism. Because in real life situation the other party responds either positively (and you gain new subjects to talk about) or negatively and you simply fuck off.
>>
>>18279952
>>18279955
Honestly you're right, saying that does sound a little awkward and weird, but in the end, the first thing you say doesn't really matter. Do you remember the first thing you said to your old friends? I definitely don't.

I wouldn't be too worried about "screwing up" cause in the end, you'll be buds or you won't, no big deal.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.