[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /adv/ I'm looking for /adv/, I'm not a recluse

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3786.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3786.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Hello /adv/ I'm looking for /adv/,

I'm not a recluse by any means and I meet plenty of girls in real life, but I'm having trouble getting any of them to give me a shot. I have a really "out there" kind of personality and I'm a nerd. I'm thinking those are my main blockers.

I've worked out that I have basically two choices here.

On one hand, I can tear down all the comic books on my wall, put up some lame paintings. Maybe act more reserved and laid back in social situations and basically hide my real self.

On the other hand, I can take it to the next level and openly like the things I like and act the way I feel.

What do you guys think would be a logical decision for attracting the right mate? Pic related, it's my nerd room.
>>
>>18279848
Maybe instead of pretending to be somebody else try actually asking girls out on dates.

Online dating, social events you hate and friends friends are ussual dating options.
>>
>>18279858
Oh I have invited girls out on dates many times. I usually get a respectful declination.

Online dating hasn't really worked for me. I usually never get matches. Maybe I'm just ugly
>>
>>18279865
>many times
5? 50? 500?

Age? Job? Photo? Fat? Short? Friends?
>>
>>18279848
The "right" girl is one that likes the real you.
She doesn't have to like the same things you do, she just has to respect them.

It seems bleak sometimes, but all it really takes is meeting the right person at the right time. It could take years, months, weeks, or even just a few days.
One approach is to act passively and wait for the right person to come along. You'd be surprised what can happen when you meet a classmate, coworker, friend, and so on.
Otherwise, you just have to keep trying. Sometimes a girl has to get to know you first before she decides that she likes you.

Never feel bad for being yourself. you'll change over time anyway as you learn and experience things.
>>
>>18279873
24, bartender/comicwriter, short, lotsa friends
>>
>>18279896
This times a million
>>
>>18279958
>short
>bantender
Found the problem. Get real job?

>>18279896
>act passively
This is how 25+ virgins are made. Cant recommend.
>>
>>18280051
>Found the problem. Get real job?

Being a bartender at the age of twenty four certainly isn't a bad thing. Most bartenders are far older than that.
For all you know, he could be making fabulous money in tips. Every good bartender I've known has. Don't be such a dick.

>>18279848
Don't pretend to be something you're not, bud. I used to be fairly uptight about letting women know about my hobbies (comics, video games, paintball, that kind of shit), but I just figured out one day to embrace it. It's worked out more than fine by me.
Use being a bartender to your advantage. I don't mean shmooze on every drunk chick who gives you a smile, but definitely get to know your customers, and you can meet all kinds of ladies. Be charismatic. Start with small chat.
As far as actually sealing the deal... I dunno. Be yourself?
>>
>>18280051
I make serious money as a bartender and the connections I make through the job are incredible.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.