[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I will eventually be in the unique position where I have to choose

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: amberhayes.jpg (64KB, 560x700px) Image search: [Google]
amberhayes.jpg
64KB, 560x700px
I will eventually be in the unique position where I have to choose between working on the east coast or working on the west coast. I'm not gonna make this decision until I have to, but still.

I spent about 10 months (nonconsecutive) out west for college and I really like it there. I have never worked in this way on the east coast but nothing excites me about being here. The only thing pulling me here is my girlfriend of 2 years.

I feel like if she wasn't with me, I'd move out west and not think twice. But since we're together, I have to put more thought into it. Is that bad?

Has anyone been faced with this kind of decision before? What did you do?
>>
>>18279630
Flip a coin.

Works every time.
>>
Jesus Christ, why is a 2 year relationship failing barely a consideration for you? You two could get married someday, you love each other, this is important.

The west coast is cancer anyway.
>>
>>18279690
i've had many tell me the opposite, that i'm 22 and relationships at this stage rarely work out anyway.

and i like the west coast
>>
>>18279733
If you can see yourself marrying her and being with her forever and that's something you would want, stay. Otherwise go to the west coast
>>
>>18279747
it's not that i don't want that some day, because i do, but i'm not gonna get married for years, dude. I don't want to. like 6-8 years. and my career is pretty fluid too, so "settling down" is not something that's gonna occur to me as naturally as like an accountant or lawyer or something.

i love her, but if our relationship was exactly like it is right now in 6 years, i probably still wouldn't be thinking of marrying her. but there's too much time there to make a decision
>>
If you want to work in:

>academia
>politics
>law

choose east coast.

If you want to work in:

>entertainment
>sciences
>business

choose west coast. You should also choose the west coast only if you are super liberal. If you are at all conservative you will hate yourself on the west coast.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.