[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I become more articulate? I have a really good vocabulary

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: 1493678452138.jpg (118KB, 920x602px) Image search: [Google]
1493678452138.jpg
118KB, 920x602px
How do I become more articulate? I have a really good vocabulary and can write better than pretty much anyone I know but I struggle with formulating my thoughts and ideas into conversation / debate.

If you give me 30 seconds I can come up with a great response / argument but I don't have that time.

I'm not even dumb or anything, I have a pretty high IQ (if that even matters for this) but I struggle with this considerably.
>>
>>18279490
Take the 30 seconds.
>>
File: 1493237459035.gif (517KB, 450x324px) Image search: [Google]
1493237459035.gif
517KB, 450x324px
>>18279537
But then I look like an autist. Imagine if someone asked you something and you talking half a minute to respond.
>>
If you use big words in conversations you're probably a nerd
>>
>>18279540
So cultivate the strong and silent persona.

Be that guy who doesn't say much, but when he does it's worth listening to.
>>
>>18279548
and you're probably a lout

>>18279490
Just practice. Even if you don't say it as smoothly as you would like get in the habit of talking and trying to convey your ideas.
>>
File: 1483342268808.gif (967KB, 245x250px) Image search: [Google]
1483342268808.gif
967KB, 245x250px
>>18279553
Hm, this seems like a good enough idea. I'll try it.

>>18279548
I am! But I sound like a flustered idiot a lot of the time when I try to formulate my brain to my tongue.

>>18279558
I think I'll join a political / discussion based society at uni, it'll definitely help to face my problems than shy away from them. Thanks anon.
>>
Is she confident about her looks, anon?
>>
>>18279553
That can be so cringey. Unless he looks like chad. He does not.
>>18279490
Anon, you need to train yourself. If talking to peoplennis hard at the moment, try watching some videos, listening to arguments, pausing, responsing real time. You will adjust your way of expressing yourself over some time. Then it will be easier with people. I was a bit socially awkward. But I learned how to make a confident voice. And while my guts go retard sometimes, I get confident from my skill of presenting myself. And get over it. You need practice.
>>
>>18279553
this is what I do. same situation as op. even though I do it, it's awkward and doesn't work well. it's more of an approach for dealing with how much I suck at this shit instead of actually fixing the problem
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.