[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just started getting into making Lo-fi hip hop/chillwave stuff

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1493211089020.jpg (10KB, 320x427px) Image search: [Google]
1493211089020.jpg
10KB, 320x427px
I just started getting into making Lo-fi hip hop/chillwave stuff and I just made a YouTube channel. I'm still new on the music production end, but I know I'm not bad. I've been a guitarist for 8 years and have been in multiple bands, so I know my stuff.

My question is, how would I grow my channel? I have 4 subscribers and I'm pretty sure at least 3 of them are friends. I just want to make my own music, edit videos, make short films etc and share it with a bunch of people.

How would I go about this? Also I love Simpsonwave stuff, and I would make it to get attention, but I'm pretty sure the meme has been dead for a while.
>>
Keep pumping out videos. Make your titles descriptive and include key words. Do your thing and the audience will come
>>
you need to start doing it as a side hobby, post regularly, and be patient

unless you're at the center of a viral meme these things can take more than a year to take off, but as long as your content output is steady and of decent quality, you should find a niche

try to find ways to promote it by promoting yourself, participate in contests / collaborations / associate yourself to people (not necessarily very well known people, but any number of people hearing about you can be a good thing for the size of your fanbase).
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaK1-a4ntks&t=25s

That's one of my favorites, even though the music is beyond my level right now, that's ultimately what I want to make.

>>18279348
>>18279353
Really? How long do you think it'll take? And how would I do self promotion?
>>
>>18279363

post your shit on content aggregators and communities, associate yourself with other artists, try to participate in exhibitions like conventions and contests.

It can take a year or two depending on how good you are and how many times you have the opportunity to promote yourself to a large audience.
>>
>>18279337
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XOa_BhwVozA
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-hwt2Q0j_U
>>
>>18279388
I like that a lot. That's pretty much what I've been making. A little less polished, but yeah.
>>
>>18279386
Alright, cool. Thanks!
>>
>>18279413
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=av6twyhq8gs

try making a playlist, those tend to generate a low of views if they're good.
>>
>>18279368
So I should submit my music to some of those chillwave streamers?
>>
>chillwave
kek
>>
>>18279454
Be nice anon
>>
What's your channel OP? I might need some chillhop music for my videos and I can promote you
>>
>>18279936
I'm a little timid of posting my channel on 4chan. Even if /adv/ is mostly a chill board.
>>
I uploaded track on soundcloud
2 months have passed nobody has listened sadly
Track is very good
How do those people get 1 million listens
>>
There are way too many lof-fi hip hop/chillwave channels on YT at the moment, you need to do something very unique to stand out among all of the other established channels.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.