[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the likelihood of a first time offender getting bail/PR

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

What is the likelihood of a first time offender getting bail/PR bond for alleged assault?

Background to this is my friend from overseas that lives in the U.S. got into a shitstorm of a fight with his girlfriend and to (I guess) make her feel something for him, he told a cop he assaulted her. Even though she claims to have said nothing happened with the cop, they detained him and a few minutes ago, they started booking him. I know he has no record, no delinquent or default history, he lives locally and has a job.

Is it possible he could get out on recognizance? I think he's starting to understand how stupid this was when I last spoke to him. If not, how high is bail for just assault, since I think that's the charge he's booked for.

(This is happening in Boston, MA btw)
>>
He said he assaulted her? She didn't accuse him off it?

If she doesn't press charges, won't be be released?
>>
>>18278475
Yeah, he said it, not her and she has no marks or scratches. The only supporting evidence they have is that he happened to have his hand on her arm when they showed up.

I worry that they'll say the state is pressing charges and she can't make that go away by not pressing herself.
>>
How do you know he didn't actually assault her? "He wouldn't do that, he's not that sort of guy" isn't an answer
>>
>>18278528
I was there until the cops made me "move away from the scene". I saw what happened. They were fighting and he put his hand on her arm, but that was it.

And not that it matters, but I've known him for years. He has never gotten violent once in the time I've known him, nor does he have any kind of record.
>>
In what part of his mind did he think it would be a good idea to tell a cop that he assaulted his girlfriend?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.