[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I get some advice on how to get my music out there and heard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

Can I get some advice on how to get my music out there and heard by as many people as possible?
Besides posting my new album on Facebook for my friends and shilling it on /mu/ I don't know what to do.
I made a YouTube channel, but I only have like 20 subscribers and it's hard to build a community.

I enjoy the music I made on this new album, and I want other people to enjoy it too.
>>
>>18277365
Be involved with the community your music appeals to. Go on soundcloud or bandcamp and comment on people's tracks who make the same music. Follow people. Message people for collabs to get your name out there. There's tons of ways bro.
And this is coming from a producer/DJ
>>
>>18277365
Soundcloud, upload the shit on all pirate sites but most importantly establish connections with other content creators, so you can suck each others dicks ... I mean, promote each other.

Also twitter and instashit. Basically get involved with social media. Though self promotion is almost as much work as the music itself.
>>
>>18277384
>>18277377

thnx for the advice. It's daunting to grow a community person by person, but i guess it gets the job done even if it is slow
>>
>>18277365

music video. most youtubers get big with music by covering existing / popular songs (or niche songs that are definitely going ot be found) and many up the factor by creating an awesome music video.

covers ARE legal, you just pay a very small percentage of profits. now technically you are not allowed to use them in a music video without further licensing, but the large majority of companies will over look this as it only hurts their popularity and potential profits.

even if you stick with a completely original song, you need to create a really good music video to go with it, especially one that tells a story, if you want it to go viral.
>>
Say your name is Josh. Upload song with title "[popular artiste song]" , but put your shit in the description about josh n stuff, and leave your audio as the actual song audio.
>>
>>18277926
that's actually a pretty good idea. tricky. i like it.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.