[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My girlfriend got a tattoo like the one in the pic. We are very

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 10

File: Arm Writing Tattoos11227.jpg (18KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
Arm Writing Tattoos11227.jpg
18KB, 500x333px
My girlfriend got a tattoo like the one in the pic. We are very compatible. We can talk endlessly. We're good together. We never get bored of each other.

But when she got the tattoo, I don't know if I can stay with her. I have very strict objectives of clawing my way into the upper middle class. I went to my city's best private school, I went to a nationally top 15 university, I dress well, and work extremely hard to ingratiate myself with a more affluent social clique.

My girlfriend comes from a working class family. I think that's why we clicked--we share similar backgrounds. My dad was always going from job to job to make ends meet.

I love her, but the tattoo is like a permanent marker of being lower class, and her having it gives me extreme insecurity about ever being accepted into upper middle class suburban society.

I just think of the other housewives and their professional husbands judging my tattooed wife--of being socially ostracized. I knew those parents when I went to private school, and they judged my parents. I don't want the same to happen to my kids.

I know it sounds petty, but now she's talking about getting another tattoo on her leg and getting a rod piercing in her ear. Again, I don't personally have problems with these things, but they would ruin my dream of being a well-assimilated, suburban, upper middle class family.
>>
>>18276913
I know this will sound stupid, but have you actually tried talking to her how her degenerates tatoo and piercing are killing your social value and status in the long run?

Or like make her get a tatto which isnt visible until you take tshirt / pants off?

Try to talk to her about how big deal it is for you to have non degenerate gf.
>>
Break up with her. She'll thank you in the long run.
>>
I mean if you really think that being a snob is better than being with your gf by all means break it off
>>
You care way too much about what other people think. Maybe you should dump her if you want a cookie cutter wife. You place your own ideals of how prople should be above your love for her, and that's automatically not good relationship standing.

And what do you plan to do once you 'ingratiate' yourself with the upper class? You'll never be one of them anyway. True upper class people don't ingratiate themselves. They just are. They don't care what 'lower' people think. They are leaders..

That's why they're upper class and have money and status. All you are is a hanger-on gopher boy begging for scraps of approval. You could be so much better anon.
>>
>>18276913
>upper middle class family.

I've got bad news for you friendo.
>>
>>18276913
>My girlfriend comes from a working class family. I think that's why we clicked--we share similar backgrounds.
>but they would ruin my dream of being a well-assimilated, suburban, upper middle class family.

Good luck with that.
>>
>>18276913
Richfag here.

Honestly I wouldn't care about it. As long as any body modifications she has can be concealed by a dress or other formal clothes, no one else will either. My brother has a similar tattoo.

Actually, even if it is visible it's still not a big deal. My mom plays tennis with the wife of the CEO of Progressive and she has a big cheesy rose tattoo on her leg.

It's seriously no big deal, chill.
>>
>>18276936
The CEO of Progressive is a woman married to a man.
>>
>>18276935
>>18276932

>OP thinks the upper middle class will actually accept him and not immediately think less of him once they discover his roots.

kek. people who think they're wealthy are even worse than wealthy people.
>>
>>18276913
I get what your trying to do anon, but your an idiot if you think that gets you into "upper middle class". I can tell just by your view that you are likely hard working, but not smart. The reality of your situation OP is that smarter people will get ahead of you through less work and less appearanced based moves
>>
>>18276944
...You're right.

I meant the former CEO's wife, Deborah Renwick.
>>
>>18276922
I did say exactly that in less harsh language, but I expressed my thoughts. She told me that she wanted to "find herself" and needed time and options to "figure it out." She's also been going in and out of being vegetarian for the past several months, if that adds any context.

>>18276929
>>18276931
I don't want to be super rich or upper class. I know that joining the upper class is impossible--you have to be born into it. All I want is to be a comfortable upper middle class professional. I've gotten into a top law school and will be going there next year. After I have my career worked out, I want to settle down and have a family and raise my kids in a nice suburban community. Again, I don't have the aspiration of being super wealthy or snobby or anything. Just to live in a safe suburban neighborhood with a good school as a professional and be generally accepted by my peers into that life.

>>18276936
Again, I don't want to be rich. Just comfortably upper middle class. And the ethos of the two are quite different. I've seen plenty of quite rich people with body modifications, terrible fashion, and so on, because they're rich and have nothing to prove. The upper middle class has generally worked for its money and has to present a certain image to the world.
>>
>>18276962
>find herself
>tattooooo
>vegan
I sugges you to find some more mature gf. She will soon try to be lesbian, feminist and gangbang member.

Or go with the flow and prepare yourself for incoming breakup.
>>
>>18276962
>Again, I don't want to be rich. Just comfortably upper middle class.

Yes, that's called being rich.
>>
>>18276913
I know this feel. I've been rapidly climbing the corporate ladder while my wife comes from a working class family and works a low paying "fun" job. She has wanted tattoos for years and I've kept her from getting any. Not sure whether I should give in or not. I've told her my feelings on it and how trashy it is. Sometimes I feel like I wouldn't care, but every time I see a girl with tattoos I just think "trashy".
>>
File: Perfect Family.jpg (116KB, 1024x814px) Image search: [Google]
Perfect Family.jpg
116KB, 1024x814px
>>18276970
>>
>>18276968
>>18276971
It's really sad, but those are exactly my thoughts. She was so normal when we first met. It's like the bad working class genes just had to manifest themselves and make her trashy like her parents and brother. I hate that it's happened.
>>
>>18276970
Upper middle class aren't rich

Most economists would consider upper middle, rich, and wealthy different categories. Upper middle is 65k+ with 1 person or 100-300k with 2-3 people.

At 1.9 mill you breach the top 5% so you're rich. After that you're wealthy with the 1% who earn almost half of the countries income.
>>
But to cut to the chase, should I break up with her or not? I'm happy with her but plagued with thoughts about our future. I'd miss her. I just don't know.
>>
And I should also probably mention that something else is on my mind too. She's taking SSRI antidepressants (Prozac), and I'm a bit worried about that too as it relates to our longterm prospects. I wouldn't want her to be on them when she's pregnant or breastfeeding, and don't know if she'd make the best mother if depressed. I know it's terrible to want to leave something for mental illness, but I want a more traditional normal family.
>>
>>18276968
>She will soon try to be lesbian, feminist and gangbang member.
wut

I was vegan for many years (raised in a vegetarian family), love tattoos (don't have any currently, but I'd like some) and that is so far off. I'm egalitarian, classically liberal and I'm happily married to a guy. Why do people like you have to let a small (but vocal) minority of women ruin everything?
>>
You seem to want two separate things. Being comfortable financially does not necessarily equate being accepted into a society you are not currently a part of. If you care more about what random people think vs. what makes someone you supposedly love happy, more power to you. But it seems foolish to discard a person who loves you AND work so hard so that strangers can think you are somehow special.
>>
>>18277028
Because this is /adv/. We dont know the op's gf. So we all have to guess the most probable case.

And honestly? You DONT have tattoo and having been brough up in vegetarian family is sort of not your fault (and vegan != vegetarian).

So you dont prove anything really. Your post is just that normal vegetarian girls can exists.

But still, when girl tells me she is vegetarian, it is only matter of time until she will give me a choice:
>hamburger or her
And i have never seen anything more dangerous than rejected vegetarian girl.
>>
>I love her, but the tattoo is like a permanent marker of being lower class,
Upper class here, it doesn't matter. If some people don't like it then their opinions don't matter. We don't live in the fifties anymore.
>>
>>18277062
underrated
>>
So if you don't personally have problem with those things, why care about the opinions of others? Why would you even want to be with people who judge a person based on a tattoo? Do you really consider that sort of people worth knowing? Plus you are making pretty big assumption in thinking that those people will judge your girlfriend because of her tattoo.

Judging someone just shows the ugliness of person doing the judging, not the one being judged. Ultimately they are only bringing shame on themselves, even if they can't see it themselves. Let go of your insecurity, just let it go. Realize it doesn't matter what those people think. Find people in your life who don't care about things like that. Lower class, upper class, none of that matters. We're all just humans, what matters is our compassion and kindness, not how much money we make, how famous we are, who we know.
>>
>>18276913
Yeah, look at all the celebrities and sportstarts being ostracized. You're the equivalent of a nigga bleaching his skin to get accepted by old rich white folks.
>>
>>18277028
tits or GTFO
>>
What's the tattoo say, OP?
>>
>>18276962
Portrait of an ESTJ

Materialistic, Traditional, and cares too much what others think.

Watch Little Miss Sunshine, Swiss Army Man, and The Rain People
>>
>>18277348
I'm actually an INTJ whenever I've taken that test.
>>
File: tits.jpg (162KB, 450x378px) Image search: [Google]
tits.jpg
162KB, 450x378px
>>18277328

Enjoy.
>>
>>18277340
It's a sentence, a quote she likes.
>>
>>18277043
>You DONT have tattoo
I will eventually.

>having been brough up in vegetarian family is sort of not your fault
It's not negative anyway. Plenty of people eat the way that they want and don't give others crap about it.

>(and vegan != vegetarian)
When did I say otherwise? I was brought up vegetarian and went to veganism for a while. I'm not a PETA person, I just simply wanted to experiment with different ways of eating (like a lot of young people.)

>So you dont prove anything really.
>Your post is just that normal vegetarian girls can exists.
Then I did prove something.
>>
This is a lot like that saying, "Having an earring doesn't make you a faggot, fucking another man in the ass does."

The tattoo does not make you lower class. What makes you lower class is a mentality where you blame everything and everyone for your own shortcomings and care way too much about other peoples' opinions.
>>
File: 1487707267077.jpg (85KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1487707267077.jpg
85KB, 640x480px
>>18276913

>I love her, but the tattoo is like a permanent marker of being lower class, and her having it gives me extreme insecurity about ever being accepted into upper middle class suburban society.

You're an idiot. You should leave her. This girl deserves someone better than you; someone who won't be ashamed of her because a bunch of stuck up, judgmental WASPS.

I really pity the life you're going to have. Not because of the situation with this girl in particular, but because for some reason you've allowed the unfounded judgements of a bunch of privileged, upper class douche bags to shape your life and make decisions for you.

You're not your own man, you're the man that a bunch of other people want you to be. Its gonna be tough to get any reasonably intelligent girl to dedicate herself to such a spineless twat.
>>
>>18277612
>What makes you lower class is a mentality where you blame everything and everyone for your own shortcomings and care way too much about other peoples' opinions.
This. Just like OP.
>>
>>18277630
>>18277612
Look. Right now she just has one modest tattoo. But she says she wants to get another and isn't opposed to getting more. She temporarily dyed her hair green about a month ago and said she liked it and might do it again. She wants a bar piercing in her ear. It would just get worse and worse until she looks like a full-on deviant.

How could I bring a girl like pic related home to my parents?
>>
>>18277707
You have several problems, one you care way too much what other people think, who gives a shit about what "upper-class" or whoever the fuck thinks of you?
If you're an American I'd say discard all the class bs it's not really what this country is based on.

Two, you seem to have limiting beliefs "I know that joining the upper class is impossible--you have to be born into it." pathetic, if by upper class you mean
being wealthy, you should do what you want, you should believe in yourself.

Three, your girlfriend is low class, sorry buddy dying her hair, sticking unusual pieces of metal through her ears, wanting to "find herself", AND she's on anti-
depressants, give me a fucking break. You know what's coming and so does everyone else with two brain cells, everyone else in this thread is blowing fairy
dust up your ass namely: >>18277630
>>18276936
>>18277612 (correct about caring what other people think, wrong about tattoo)
>>18277028
>>18277600

You may not care about the aesthetics of what she's doing (tattoos, strange piercings, dying hair etc) you may still find her sexually attractive, but what you've
said yourself is true, she will just become a degenerate in fact she already is, she will never have a life-long relationship with anyone. What others think
doesn't matter but what you've described are all attributes of someone who will become a shithead.

TL;DR she's gonna breakup with you no matter what even if you don't care what others think. She is on the path to self-destruction.
>>
The bait is weak. You are weak.
>>
>>18276913
My girlfriend has 2 sleeves, a thigh tattoo and writing on her neck bone.

She works in an office making 60k a year doing businessy stuff.

Im tattoo free and blue collar.

See how stupid your little boxes and rules are? They dont mean anything. Theyre just dumb principles in your head. And plus she got a phrase on her arm. Not like she got skulls on her face and a huge dick with her naval as a peehole.

If you find that in any way delinquent you have your entire life to rethink, pal.
>>
>>18276913
....dude you sound like American Psycho. Why is it so important to you to be percieved well by hoity toity upper middle class folk? Do you get a prize or something?
>>
File: 1477963587851.jpg (25KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1477963587851.jpg
25KB, 720x540px
>>18277707

Look. The issue is not that she has a tattoo and green hair, the issue is you're not willing to defend the honor or the character of the girl you supposedly love because a bunch of hypothetical WASPS won't like her.

The bottom line is that generally speaking, out of the context of this girl in this relationship, if you don't like the way she looks and be attracted to something different then thats fine but to take the side of the upper-middle class assholes over the side of the girl that you're supposed to love and care about because she doesn't fit the rigid mold of what is considered proper is bullshit. That shows a really significant weakness of your character, not to mention the fact that you yourself are a gigantic elitist cunt for going on and on about how anyone who dare wander outside the mold of clean cut WASPS just has "bad working class genes". You're calling your own girlfriend trashy over a minuscule tattoo and she deserves better than that.

Don't bring her home to your parents, because it seems to me that you're more focused on what other people will think of you for being with her then on who she is as a person. Thats fine, but just leave this girl so she can find someone whose moral values are from this century who actually appreciates her for who she is and not just her arm candy value to a bunch of upper class cunts.

The tattoo isn't the issue, the issue is you. The issue is that, supposedly, this one tattoo is such a big deal that you don't think she's good enough to meet your parents, as if somehow this one tattoo is a mark of shame that negates who she is as a person. If you're not willing to stand up for your girlfriend/wife from the judgements of strange people who don't know her then you're with the wrong girl. Find you a girl that doesn't mind having a husband who will abandon her to the wolves as soon as he starts feeling criticized.
>>
>>18277971

>1 tattoo = degenerate who will never have a life long relationship

Your mindset has no place in the 21st century.
>>
>>18278007

>MUH CURRENT YEAR

Into the trash you go.
>>
>>18278011

Yes, the current year's social climate is different than the sexually repressed, hopelessly traditional upper crust hypocritical abusive circle jerking of the past 200. Time's change. Traditional doesn't = good. Get with the times or throw yourself off a cliff, faggot.

I kind of wonder what kind of moral high ground you think you come from that makes you qualified to call a stranger with one tiny non-visible tattoo a degenerate who will never have a lifelong relationship.

Sounds like a lot of projection to me.
>>
>>18278004

>you're not willing to defend the honor or the character of the girl you supposedly love

Does she really have any honor though? It's only a matter of time.
>>
>>18278011
>being a contrarian edgy kid just so you can stand out
>>
>>18278018
If she doesn't have any, a guy willing to date her has even less.
>>
>>18278016

>Yes, the current year's social climate is different than the sexually repressed, hopelessly traditional upper crust hypocritical abusive circle jerking of the past 200.

>Time's change. Traditional doesn't = good.

>faggot.

Who's projecting? Keep going. I have no problem with gay people either, but you seem to.
>>
i have a septum piercing and a fucking knuckle tattoo but i'm still extremely affluent with good family/friends lol

i make 130k/year desu piercings and tats don't matter
>>
>>18278024
Exactly, many people pointed out in this thread that this guy cares too much about what other people think. Maybe they were made for each other....
>>
File: 1480575847190s.jpg (8KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1480575847190s.jpg
8KB, 200x200px
>>18278018

>Does she really have any honor though?

I don't know this girl, but if you want to try to tell me that one small tattoo and a wacky hair color completely negates someone's value as a person I'd probably tell you you're a judgmental cunt.

I'm vehemently against this idea that a good person is suddenly a bad person if they decide to express themselves in ways that other people don't like. People like you have this strange idea that tattoos and piercings completely define the people who get them and that just doesn't make any sense to me because your clothes don't define you. You aren't your haircut. You aren't the shoes you wear or the product you put in your hair. You are who you are and what you decide to look like, while it may be a reflection of your personal tastes, is not what defines you.

Lets also not forget that we're talking about a tiny tattoo on the inside arm here, people. Not a face tattoo, not giant stretched ears, not a huge pink mohawke. One non-visible tattoo.

>It's only a matter of time.

Then leave her. No one who genuinely cared about their significant other would be talking about them the way you are so, what are you waiting for? You can go hang out with your high society assholes who think pleated khakis and Don Draper haircuts makes them better than working class people and she can find a decent guy with a spine who doesn't think that a small ink marking on her skin and an earring define her as a person.
>>
File: 1492890383260.gif (923KB, 424x240px) Image search: [Google]
1492890383260.gif
923KB, 424x240px
>>18278025

>Spends an entire post viciously denigrating and insulting a woman he has never met because she has one tattoo

>Takes issue with the word "faggot"

You're just a big mixed bag of fuckery aren't you.
>>
>>18278040
>Then leave her.
I agree but I'm then again I'm not OP.
>>
>>18278040
>Spends entire post championing current social conditions. Automatically thinking I'm against people who are different sexually.

>Uses the word faggot as an insult.

You're just a big mixed bag of hypocrisy aren't you?
>>
>>18278066

>Spends entire post championing current social conditions

Calling your support of antiquated social conditions bullshit is not championing the current ones, its just calling yours bullshit. If I insult Republicans, that doesn't automatically make me a Democrat. Follow the logic here.

>Automatically thinking I'm against people who are different sexually.

I have no clue what you're talking about.

>Uses the word faggot as an insult.

Welcome to the internet, faggot. If you want civilized conversation go to a goddamn wine tasting.
>>
>>18276913
>>18276962
>>18277001
>>18277012
>>18277707
You've been too beta for too long, put her in her place (come home late disgruntled from work or some shit, make it believable) https://kennyspuathoughts.com/2014/05/10/the-truth-about-being-desperate-with-women/
also dont be such a cuck careing what other's think
>>
>>18278033
A tattoo is the scarlet letter for idiot.
>>
>>18278095

>A tattoo is the scarlet letter for idiot.

Thinking that not having a tattoo makes you automatically better than someone who has one says more about your weak character than having a tattoo does.
>>
>>18277514
lol, sure you are
>>
ah la classe! as the Frogs would say. a wee social climber with great pretentions but no imagination.
just work away and live your life without pissing other people off with your depressingly insecure middle-class morality.
>>
>>18278105
I'm sorry you put flame decals on your PT Cruiser. And I'm also sorry that our evolutionary faculties have molded us to call a duck a duck. Talk about wearing your insecurities on your sleeve! Sad!
>>
>>18276913
Wew, what a fucking fag, getting upset by a little ink. I thought she'd cheated on you or some shit but no, you're just afraid of her making you look bad because you're a real piece of shit. Break up with her right now because you're a fucking cunt and this just won't work. But seriously mate, over a fucking tattoo? It's just fucking ink, you faggot.
>>
>>18278108
Funny enough it seems limited to middle class fags. I know tons of people from the working class who worked their way up or married multi millionaires and they never had such a pathetic attitude.
>>
File: 1397606604615.gif (2MB, 265x257px) Image search: [Google]
1397606604615.gif
2MB, 265x257px
>>18278127

>evolutionary faculties

Why is it that whenever one of you aspies goes to defend yourself for acting like a cunt the first words that come out of your mouth have something to do with evolution? Appeal to nature much?

What does you having an unfounded superiority complex over people you don't know simply because they have tattoos have to do with evolution? Also, in your humble opinion, which one of us sounds more insecure, the one thats implying that maybe you should judge the entirety of someone's character based on their character and not generalizations based on their appearance or the guy that just proudly implied that he's automatically better than anyone who has tattoos?
>>
>>18278142
You are having difficulty "expressing yourself" with all those words. Just post a pic of your tattoos!
>>
If my gf got a tattoo like that I would instantly break up with her

no, actually I would beat the shit out of her first, then break up with her

not even joking. Tats are as trashy as it gets.
>>
I slightly get OP, but I'm in no way desperate for approval like he seems to be as he climbs the ladder.

That said, I find most big, exposed, tattoos to be ugly on women, and a sign that they don't have goals to ever be someone with a high-level job or ability to match the career and position I've built for myself.

I don't see myself as "better" than anyone that isn't well off, but I understand that I'm in a certain point in life and need to act in a certain way to maintain it, whether I like that or not.
>>
>>18278157
Partner beating is far more trashy than a tattoo, faggot. Kys.
>>
>>18278175
they love it fuck off stop kink shaming him
>>
>>18278136
yes, because they're not held back by the "what will the neighbours think?" attitude.
>>
>>18278155

I don't have any. I thought about it a lot when I was younger but I just never wanted anything bad enough to get it.

Having a tattoo or not isn't the point. The point is that if you make a habit of generalizing large groups of people you don't know simply for the sake of feeding into your superiority complex you're probably a really weak, insecure person.

I judge people on a case by case basis because I'm a reasonable human being who doesn't feel the need to put other people below me to feel good about myself.
>>
>>18278170

I want to know where you got this idea that working in a corporate environment with a corporate heirarchy is the only "high level job" or possible way to "match" your career.

Seriously, in this day and age of Youtube stars, Instagram models, internet entrepreneurs, startups, app inventors and famous musicians I don't understand this rigid belief that in order to be "high level" you have to follow this specific career path. There are so many opportunities out there that don't require you look any one way or another so why is your way the only people can aspire to be "high level".

I know a guy covered in tattoos that owns recording studios up and down the west coast. I know another guy who is a professional tattoo artist/artist consultant who does commission paintings and seminars all over the world. I know another guy who is a professional audio engineer that designs and sets up sound systems for stadiums. Each one of these dudes is covered in tattoos and make a ridiculous amount of money. Nothing about their work ethic or dedication to their craft lead me to believe they haven't achieved the goals they set out for.

The weird thing is out of all the people I know with tattoos or piercings or any kind of noticeable body modification I've never heard them denigrate someone's choice to not get tattoos and maintain a "professional" look for the sake of their career path but its only those corporate people I ever hear insult people for choosing a different path. Its never the other way around.
>>
>super tryhard faggot trying to gain the approval of those who dont give shit about him
>lets gf get away with 'sabatoging' his social ascent
congrats youre a cuck
>>
>>18278227

I don't doubt that there are other paths to take - but in most cases, they require extraordinary talent, and have no security behind them. The people that are tattooed and shit early in their youth are eliminating their contention for a relatively comfortable and safe office job, saying "lol naw imma get rich and famous" when in reality that's not where the greatest share of money is.

YouTube and Instagram stars are going to be passed over for whatever hip new trend is, and then they'll have no marketable skills after their looks and the platforms have shifted to the next big fad. Assuming they haven't blown their early made fortunes on partying and nonsense, this is fine, hopefully they've made enough to live off of. But the ride ends with fame for most.

It's good that you know a few successful people covered in tattoos, but they're the exception to the rule, not the norm. And if their businesses fail, or the artist loses a limb in a car accident, they have less to fall back on.

Really, I think one of the most poignant things I've been told before was by a coworker as I was complaining that my bartender buddy made $100k a year working in the clubs, but she pointed out that if I progress in the business world, I can retire by the time I'm 50. When his looks fade, he won't be working in the clubs and will be dealing with some smoky, shitty dive and won't have a pension or any real retirement.
>>
>>18278227
ill go with the fact that 'snobby' professionals are actually required for a society to be functional. all those jobs you listed are just niche luxuries that exist cause our society is affluent enough to afford them, they are necessities. the wasp/conformist hegemony still has a tight grip over a wide swath of the professions and make it extremely difficult for outsiders to break in.
>>
>>18278258
they arent** necessaties
>>
>>18278256

>I don't doubt that there are other paths to take - but in most cases, they require extraordinary talent, and have no security behind them.

I think that's false. There is no security in corporate shit either if you're not very good at your job.

>The people that are tattooed and shit early in their youth are eliminating their contention for a relatively comfortable and safe office job

I agree that really young kids shouldn't get tattooed but maybe some people don't aspire for a safe, comfortable office job. That shit sounds soul crushing, dude.

>It's good that you know a few successful people covered in tattoos, but they're the exception to the rule

I'm not sure what rule you're talking about. Most of the successful people I know have tattoos because in my region and chosen field thats just what the "norm" is. Consider the possibility that the anecdotal evidence collected from your limited view of the world isn't "the norm".

Consider the possibility that the way you live isn't the only right way.
>>
File: 1490900676095.jpg (2MB, 3456x4608px) Image search: [Google]
1490900676095.jpg
2MB, 3456x4608px
>>18276913

I feel your pain OP as tattoos are absolutely degenerate. They say "I'm an impulsive fool who thought putting a permanent picture on my skin was a great idea".

But I digress.

Anyway. You are not perfect and neither is she. Unfortunately a tattoo is a big permanent reminder of imperfection, of foolishness. Like you can get drunk and slap someone but that can be forgotten. A tattoo cannot. It's obvious forever.

I would stay with her, becuase a good woman and love are both rare things. Letting a tattoo stop that would be like trashing a Ferrari because it got a dent in one of the doors. Furthermore if you are bothered by the image your GF/wife reflects upon you then you got a weak constitution mate and you need to cowboy the fuck up.

You can't argue logic into tattoo people's brains. The single best piece of advice I can give to you concerning them is: tell the person to get a Henna ink of the tattoo they are considering. After 30 days of the Henna ink being on them and eventually wearing off, if they still want the tattoo, then it's okay for them to get it. Most of the time they will realize it was stupid and not get the tattoo.

Thank Jesus I never got any. I'm 30 now, and as you age you really see how fuck stupid tattoos are.
>>
>>18278107
too and I would feel the exact same way as OP if my gf wanted to "find herself" by getting tattoos and becoming a vegetarian.
>>
>>18278281
I'm INTJ too*
>>
>>18276913
Look. If you're looking at her as some sort of status symbol so you can reach your goal of being an upper middle class couple so you can go to the country club and show her around like she is a piece of property. Then yes, just break up with her and find someone else.

Your goal is your pursuit of happiness. If you want to turn into one of those guys who revolves their social status with the appearance of perfection then break up with her and find someone else.

It sounds like you don't really love this girl and she isn't the mother of your kids so just break up already and say that you understand her need to do things to her body that she wants, but you don't want that in your significant other and walk.
>>
>>18278265

>I think that's false. There is no security in corporate shit either if you're not very good at your job.

Well, I AM good at my job, and there's certainly more available corporate marketing jobs than there are Instagram model jobs, artist jobs, and record company owning jobs. A coworker of mine got fired last month and was in a new job two weeks later.

>some people don't aspire for a safe, comfortable office job. That shit sounds soul crushing, dude.

More power to them if they don't want to. But most of these people don't get their tattoos when they're in their late 20s and have proven they're doing what they aspired to, they get the tattoos and promise that they know better when they're young. My buddy told me a story just yesterday about how his girlfriend is depressed because she got turned down for a couple of jobs she felt really good about her qualifications for, but her tattoos and piercings ended up being the dealbreaker.

Do I think that's fair? No, but it's reality.

>I'm not sure what rule you're talking about. Most of the successful people I know have tattoos because in my region and chosen field thats just what the "norm" is. Consider the possibility that the anecdotal evidence collected from your limited view of the world isn't "the norm".

Can you tell me how much these people make in your region and chosen field? That's important to this conversation. Making an okay living isn't what OP is talking about or aspiring to.

>Consider the possibility that the way you live isn't the only right way.

Happily, but upper-middle class lifestyles that come from jobs outside of business and cleaner presentation are rare.
>>
>>18277348
>>18277514
>>18278107
>>18278281
Myers-Briggs is pseudoscientific bullshit. If you're seriously arguing about your "type" - "I'm an INTJ" "lol there's no way you're an INTJ" - reexamine your fucking life. Treat those tests as entertainment and do not take them any more seriously than that.
>>
on one hand, tattoos that only have meaning to the person with the tattoo, unnatural hair colors, and unusual piercings are gross and points to the person as being a complete idiot
the fact that people on adv immediately defend those things points to their inexperience with the world and insecurity about their own retarded body modifications, they actually think anyone who has a problem with this shit is some kind of straight laced, sexually frustrated, christian conservative

on the other, as someone with an income and net worth that qualifies as upper middle, and is exposed to that society daily, I have no idea why anyone would actually want that
in fact the way they display their wealth is just as disgusting and tasteless as the description of your retarded girlfriend
the typical image of upper middle class life you are describing is NASTY
>>
fuck you imbecile
>>
>>18276913
As someone that was able to move from lower middle working class by education and hard work and now considered upper class financially and socially. Nothing screams low class like that tattoo. Do I see them among some of the women, yes but everyone knows they are one divorce away from being a server or barista.
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.