[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>almost 30 >been with bf around 18 months but have known

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1493570911241.gif (912KB, 250x189px) Image search: [Google]
1493570911241.gif
912KB, 250x189px
>almost 30
>been with bf around 18 months but have known him 8 years
>have lived together for a year
>amazing relationship, never felt like this before, confirmed love of my life
>isn't my first long term relationship, nor is it his, so we have a point of reference
>both have decent jobs and a nice home

I want to marry this man and have his children. He said he considers us engaged already as wants to spend his life with me, so it's pretty much agreed that's where we're heading.

Do you think it's premature to talk about things such as marriage and children when we've only been in a relationship for a short period? Or do you think the fact we're older and have known each other for a long time supersedes this?

I'd marry the guy tomorrow (despite not really agreeing with marriage prior to this) but would want to experience everything possible with him before having children - perhaps a few years? I just don't want to get behind this idea and find it was powered by idealistic dreams.

Any personal experience would be gratefully received as well (Good or bad!).
>>
>>18276514

Take a year or so before you try having kids
>>
>>18276534

Definitely. I was thinking of waiting until I'm 32 before we try (about 2.5yrs away).
>>
>>18276514
>18 months

To be honest. It's a crapshoot.

Your best bet is if you do get engaged soon, plan the date ridiculously far ahead to give you guys some some time to see how things are.

You kind of need to know you can stick together through bad shot as well as good. If y'all have never had an argument and dealt with it in a reasonable matter, maybe hold off because you might still be in the lovely Dovey cloud.
>>
>>18276548

Well we've been through a lot together, even when we were friends. Death of a parent, shitty relationships, housing issues etc. We've always supported each other and we've always just worked?

I don't recall us having an argument. We've definitely had some disagreements but we've always been able to talk about them and fix them.

I'm not disagreeing with you by the way - this is the major reason why I'm trying to keep a hold on myself. Having said that, I've dealt with the honeymoon period before and this is well beyond that now.
>>
>>18276538
Come back then.
>>
i see zero reason to wait any longer.
you've known each other for a long while. you can live together and have proved it since a year.
you are at the right age.
i don't think 18 months is too early to get engaged at this age. plan the wedding for next summer and after that, go ahead and try to get pregnant.

i've been with my fiance for 18 months too (the coincidence...). we also live together since one year. but we got engaged a year ago and will get married this summer, we also already have a baby on the way. we have talked about this a lot. and in the end, we said, we know we want kids anyways, so why wait? getting married was obvious too. i don't feel like we rushed things at all.
>>
>>18276580

Thank you - and congratulations on your engagement and baby on the way!

I just feel like there's no point in waiting several years to do something I'm relatively confident in now.
>>
>>18276514
Depends if he has mentioned them. If he hasn't, you'll scare the guy, and he might run away.
>>
It really shouldn't, considering both of your ages and the fact that you aren't getting any younger.
>>
>>18276514
If you're talking about children I would first talk about it but later try, if you're both dead set on it. Don't do it at age 36 because the older you go, the pregnancy will wreck your body and your baby will have some health problems when it's born.
>>
>>18276590
exactly.
at first, i ws a bit reluctant to get pregnant before actually being married (but in the end, it's just a paper). my fiance's argument was that everyday we wait longer is a day we have less with our child. that convinced me, kek.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.