[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do job interviews have to be so fucking hard? Every question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1492023461854.png (2MB, 1238x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1492023461854.png
2MB, 1238x1080px
Why do job interviews have to be so fucking hard?

Every question is either a trick question that can only be answered correctly by lying, or is so open-ended that they don't even make any fucking sense.

I literally can't get a job because of this shit.
>>
>>18274930
give an example of said question(s)
>>
>>18274959
The one that got me was "what do you consider great service?"

I asked if he meant as a customer, because the job I was applying for wouldn't require me to interact with customers. He said "in general."

How can I receive great service as just a random individual?

Also, the classic "what is your biggest flaw?" which can only be correctly answered by twisting around and giving cliche answers like "I work TOO hard."
>>
>>18274966
what kind of job(s) are these interviews for?
>>
>>18274970
Pantry chef.

I have 4 years of experience, too so I don't see how these questions have any bearing on that.
>>
>>18274970
>>18274988
Also, other interviews I've gone in for. About a year and a half ago I got an interview for my local shipyard and didn't get a call back.
>>
It's just shit testing. The fact that you're so focused on getting everything right is what's wrong. Why do you think these places hire such lazy thieves all the time?

Everyone thinks "aloof" means "professional" now.
>>
>>18274988
>>18274993
in theory, the service that you give as a worker and the service you would like to receive as a customer should be synonymous in quality.

just answer honestly. don't overthink it or try to figure out how it pertains to your position. what makes service good? i'd answer efficiency, or having a balance between speed and quality.

the "what is your biggest flaw?" one is kinda retarded though. it's not every day that someone asks you to think about your flaws on the spot like that. if anything, they should be asking you what your biggest STRENGTH is.
>>
>>18275021
I've never been asked my greatest strength lol
>>
>>18275033
>"what's your biggest flaw?"
>"I'm too good looking which could affect the performances of surrounding female co-workers."

in all seriousness though, even i don't know how i would answer that question
>>
job interview questions are 30% to figure out what experience you have, 20% to figure out what your personality is like, and 50% to test if you're too autistic to be able to play the game

look up a battery of potential interview questions and work out some answers you could give for them. people dont want to hire people who are shitty at interviewing. like >>18275020 said, it's a shit test.
>>
>>18275071
I usually fail the autism part.

So, basically I'm stuck with this shit job even though I know I can do a better job than 80% of people.
>>
>>18275086
>effectiveness and respectfullness
That was pretty much my answer.
>>
>>18274959
Another weird question they asked me:

"What was your work ethic like as a teenager?"
>>
I am a recruiter by profession so I hope I can help you. Job interviews do not have to be hard, just be yourself and answer with honesty and respect. If you pretend to be someone you're not in the interview, they aren't hiring the real you. Recruiters want to know: how cool is this person? So be relaxed and the awesome person you are. Then everyone will want to work with you and hire you!

Work on your self talk: saying things like "i can't get a job" will be true if that's what you believe
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.