[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I get really triggered really easily and it pisses me off. How

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: f4and4r7pwsy.jpg (33KB, 453x604px) Image search: [Google]
f4and4r7pwsy.jpg
33KB, 453x604px
I get really triggered really easily and it pisses me off. How do I stop letting such mundane things annoy me.

>be me. Student
>4am here. Message group chat during convo saying the library is great for revision at this time of night. Probably my favorite place
> guy responds with something along the lines of "tell us more"
>changes the group name to Anons autobiography
>I change it back but internally really annoyed.

This might be the sleep deprivation, but it's managed to throw me off focus. I'm partially annoyed at myself for sending such a retarded message randomly. Partially triggered by the guy but I didn't know him so don't want to act aggressive.

I'm constantly playing out how I should have done it in my head.

This happens often, as I'm not really the kind to respond, just ignore the guy and move on

How do I stop getting annoyed by it...
>>
You gotta hit 'em where it hurts: their sympathy. If you act sincerely slightly offended at a comeback like this it tends to put you in a better light.
>The library's really nice for revision at this time of night
>wow anon plz tell me more lol
>thanks, friend.
Ideally this sets the tone as you being receptive to the joke while expressing your discontent. I don't think there's anyone that can really stop themselves from being annoyed/triggered when they're made fun of, to be honest, so trying to stay ahead of the game is better imo.
>>
>>18274965
Idk if I want to use sympathy. I feel like I've lost the battle if I go down to that. But at the same time I don't want to fight back, so I just end up taking it and getting annoyed.
>>
>>18274965
Should I try and work on my comebacks or should I keep taking it? Do comebacks even help?? I feel like I'll just be even more annoyed cause I stooped down to their level and let them get to me, but they already got to me
>>
>>18275011
Fair enough. I can't really offer comment on how you might not get annoyed, because my own annoyance in that kind of situation is mostly just myself fantasizing about a retort or trying to get myself understood.

I agree that not "fighting back" is probably the right decision; you'd only look like a bigger sperg, but I personally couldn't handle not responding and just stewing over it. Either become comfortable with the reality that some jerk made fun of you, and you're above responding, or try to save your embarassment with some sarcastic response or something
>>
On second thought, there are plenty of times where I've stomached my comebacks and abstained from responding with a clear mind. There is a lot of dignity in ignoring taunts, and though it sounds kinda lame, I sometimes draw inspiration for this from this particular line of a cut song from a musical: https://youtu.be/Jic_KwJjNOs?t=37s . The main message is about the foolishness of going after every slight to yourself, so it's quite relevant

>You know why Jefferson can do what he wants? He doesn't justify schoolyard taunts with a response!
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.