[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be me (30/m) >slim, nice tailored shirt, nice smile, photo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: tinder_logo.png (29KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
tinder_logo.png
29KB, 800x450px
>be me (30/m)
>slim, nice tailored shirt, nice smile, photo done by professional photographer
>swipe 1000 times, get one REALLY fat chick
>Decide to pick muscly bloke instead and delete all other pics
>swipe 20 yikes, 4 matches, no gay chicks
>1st match says she likes my bio (even though exactly same)
>show her real pic
>she unmatched me
>fml

I read a study by random male tinder user which concludes that 80% of males are competing for bottom 20% of women, and 20% of guys for other 80% of women. Also a guys chances of a match are approximately 1/112.

What are your experiemces/advice with tinder?
>>
>>18274539
>I read a study by random male tinder user which concludes that 80% of males are competing for bottom 20% of women, and 20% of guys for other 80% of women

News flash: The people on vapid service looking for vapid encounters are vapid.

O rly?

Seriously mate... what do you expect?
>>
2 typos...
Gay***typo for FAT
Yikes****typo for times.
>>
I matched with a lot of girls on Tinder
the problem is if I swiped selectively I'd hardly get any
swiping right on all of them got me a shitload but they were all disgusting single mom hamplanets and blacks or bots, I must have matched with maybe ONE attractive (normal BMI) girl

so basically, I don't think attractive women use Tinder, and therefore I think it is useless
>>
80/20 is a general rule of thumb for cases like that, I wouldn't call it a "study". Short story: unless you're top tier that'll attract slootz just by looks you're just another guy in thousands. That's the sad reality of daring sites and apps. You have to stand out somehow. But even some ways of doing so are now "popular" which means they don't catch attention.
>>
Had about 15 total matches in about 6 months of using tinder, it mostly went "hi what's up" "good" and over.
I really can't up my texting game even with matches and being super liked.
What do?
>>
>>18274548
Are you saying you don't trust the results of the study? He acknowledged it might be biased - the way he got the results was putting a super attractive guy to get more matches and then asking females what makes them pick a gut (although he acknowledged they might be lying in order to impress, so data may be skewed)
>>
>>18274555
There is a tinder reddit which can be helpful. They have a section where you can get your profile rated as well as several different tips to get more matches.
>>
>>18274556
No. I'm saying that that's the pretty fucking obvious even just using common sense.
>>
Women can get laid super easily. Sex is a seller's market heavily biased towards the woman side. Most attractive women on tinder won't even meet up with anyone unless they seriously are above expectations because it's not like they're sitting there with enflamed oozing vaginas and just have to sleep with someone. Put up pictures, get attention, maaaybe sleep with a Chad, it's a great system if you're an attractive girl. Then again, life is so incredibly easy if you're an attractive girl and make even moderately good decisions, tinder is just one more avenue of it.

Basically they would rather not meet up with anyone than meet up with anyone less than an 8/10. Which shuts out 80% of guys swiping on tinder for most girls who arnt fat or single mothers.
>>
>>18274606
The main problem with tinder is that it 90% relies on physical appearance. Guys who are average or ugly will have a better chance outside of tinder (more time effective) where personality takes a higher role.
>>
If you're struggling that bad you're either hideous looking in your photos or a turbo autist in your bio/messages.
>photo done by professional photographer
Autist it is then.

I'm not particularly good looking and overweight but I do alright on tinder. Just realise that just like irl you're not going to get someone way out of your league. If only uggos are interested in you then you probably are ugly too.
>>
>>18274552
/thread
>>
>>18274881
And also /thread
>>
Tinder isnt really worth using seriously unless you're at least an 8/10 with pics of you doing cool attractive things.

Those guys will get girls chasing them and responding eagerly because it's a very shallow and vapid system

The rest of the guys will get shallow vapid answers from any attractive women you match with (shit like "I enjoy eating and sleeping" or not even responding at all) because there's no need for them to invest anything into you and actually try

The girls that will try will be ones that are really into you. These girls are either very unnatractivd and you are a catch to them, or you are very hot and thus the standard is raised

The best way to use tinder as a man is as follows:

>Don't take it seriously, enjoy the small ego boost you get from matches, send jokes to the girls you really find attractive on the off chands it might get you somewhere, major point is: Don't invest Into it

>In the mean time: Get fit; get attractive and get a nice body, then come back to tinder and enjoy the success

The only way to have success in online dating is put yourself in the position of power.

If you're in power; you get to choose and take what you want

You aren't in power if you're an average guy competing against 1000 other guys on any given day. You're more in power when you meet women in real life

You ARE in power however if you're a stud muffin that makes women swoon over the sight of your pics. Thus you can take your pic of attractive women in such a position

Modern online dating is a bit of a stupid system really.

You flip traditional power roles on its head.
Women will literally expect you to make all the moves and text first, making you the power players

Except she gets to pick from 1000 power players. Meaning they don't have any power at all. It isn't Natural and and doesn't work for men

And it's irrelevant for women because they don't need an app to help them get laid or get attention
>>
>>18274919
Yeah, I guess I gotta put it into perspective my chances.... Currently am working out, but pretty sure it will take me a year to get buffed to a tinder approved level (3x week on different parts body each time)
>>
>>18274935

The most ironic part of tinder is that it looks like it presents itself as a "look how easy it is to find women to flirt with!" App

But in reality it is actually easier to just go out clubbing/party with friends etc to meet women
>>
If I got 1200+ matches on tinder in 1.5 years what does that mean? Am I top 10% of guys?
>>
>>18276209
Did you bang 1200+ girls in 1.5 years?
>>
>>18276209
I've had it 10 months and only have 400 matches. Banged 0. Should I just give up on the casual sex/dating meme?
>>
>>18274539
A few things:

The algorithm on Tinder is fucked up. Nobody truly understands it, but basically you get sorted high or low priority and it's unclear just how many women are even seeing your profile.

My best times for Tinder have become sort of predictable. Around February/March for some reason I get more matches. Some of it is to do with me living in Florida, and a lot of people come down here for Spring Break and install Tinder out of boredom.

Women on their have insane standards. I've been on 5 Tinder dates total and 3 of the 5 of them seemed to believe that they were god's gift to mankind. They get so much attention that it's not hard to see why. I don't really feel like telling women they're average at best because I know how the marketplace works, and women are always inherently more desirable than men. It's just how that sex shit works.

Some guys crush it with Tinder, and are not afraid to brag about it. These guys are usually pretty good looking/tall, and partake in a lifestyle that women find attractive. It's not a simple fix, especially if you're not in good shape, you are stuck short, or you're very introverted.

I have this weird relationship with the app now. I want to keep going back to finally force myself to get a handle on my life and become better at attracting women. But I always end up miserable in the end when I go for weeks without a single match.
>>
>>18276209
Did you sleep with a good number of them? If yes, than you are.
>>18277441
Teach me your ways. I can't even get a single match these days.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.