[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to get laid, but I'm a "gamer girl" so

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: nightstand.jpg (104KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
nightstand.jpg
104KB, 1200x1200px
I want to get laid, but I'm a "gamer girl" so it feels like my only options are other gamers that are usually autistic/fat/so shy that they can't carry a conversation, and I never feel attracted to any of them. at the same time I think bars/etc are too "jockish" and we either have absolutely nothing in common or they aren't attracted to me. how can I just sleep with someone who isn't horribly awkward or a rapist?
>>
>>18274384

your autism is showing.

>ALL GAMER GUYS ARE UGLY
>BUT ALL ATTRACTIVE GUYS ARE NOT MY TYPE

stop creating imaginary problems for your self.
>>
File: 1491526797565.gif (415KB, 480x238px) Image search: [Google]
1491526797565.gif
415KB, 480x238px
>>18274384
>>
>>18274384
You got a lot to learn and wrong about everything, tty in 15 years.
>>
>>18274384
>bars/etc are too "jockish"

You are aware that there are different kinds of bars right?

Hipster, dive, gastropubs, dance, cowboy, Latin, classy, laid back, etc.

Fuck, there's even a bar near where I live that's mostly gamers and geeks (because it's right next to Blizzard entertainments HQ)

Bars cater to the clientele, and the clientele tends to flock to bars that match their interests and personal aesthtic.

Anyway, just go online and don't put gamershit in your profile.
>>
Just go on tinder faggot
>>
>>18274405
>>18274417
Take the internet out of the equation. What if the bars around them don't cater to a gamer crowd and/ or nothing in her area does besides stores that sell games.

>Just stand in front of GameStop and yell "date me!" at any acceptable guy that passes
>>
>>18274384
>"jockish"

Grow the fuck up. What are you, in high school?
>>
>>18274435
>defining yourself by the fact you like video games

If that's the case, you should realize you're a shallow, vapid waste of a person, and shouldn't be dating to begin with.
>>
>>18274384
Haha, the guys replying to you. I feel you, all the gamers I know are unattractive. Guys who care about their appearance are usually normies.

>>18274417
Lol, I'm on tinder and it follows the same pattern.
>>
>>18274384
Oh my god lolol!!!! Fucking get stoned! Smoke fucking...weed! Stoners make great boyfriends, and getting high and fucking is the bee's knees!!!
>>
>>18274452
I'd take a guess that people who got angry here are unattractive and butthurt because of it, funny how a man saying certain women are unattractive would get opposite responses. and yes, tinder is the same, hell even normies can't hold a conversation there.
>>
Basically this >>18274437

OP I'm a 30 year old woman and have been a gamer for 26 out of those 30. Don't limit your options so much, and don't only aim for people with your select interests.

Ended up marrying a casual gamer and tabletop enthusiast. If our interests totally lined up we'd be arguing all the time, because nerds treat their opinion as fact. Never be with someone whose geek interests are perfectly aligned with yours.
>>
>>18274443
That's the most you can come up with because I thwarted your shitty advice, personal attacks?

Are you a girl/ gay?
>>
>>18274553
That anon wasn't even me, but he has a point.

Fuck, my advice wasn't even at all about gamer bars or whatever the fuck. OP was bitching about the people at bars and I was pointing out the fact that not all bars are the same, and that the people at each one can be completely different.

But if all you're caught up on is ONLY gaming, you Might want to reasses.

I say this as a dude who religiously followed e3 growing up, who grew up with Nintendo Power and gamed since he was 4. Who has tons of limited editions shirts, games, and peraphanalia laying around, who follows eSports more than most people follow real sports (I'm currently catching up on The Kiev Major as I type this)

And whose girlfriends extent of exposure to video games is Two Dots.

Diversify in your life a bit. Gaming isn't my only point of interest and I don't need it to relate with others.
>>
>>18274553
That wasn't my advice. And it's the truth. Most people in our generation play video games. Enjoying video games isn't special. And if it's the defining feature of your life, you have a very shallow life.

Maybe, just maybe, it would be a good idea to look outside your comfort zone, and stop writing people off because you think they're too "normal".

Being a geek doesn't make you special.
>>
you do realize that awkward interactions require TWO people to be awkward right?

that said I'll date u
>>
>>18274384
ill date you
hmu if you want a number
>>
It will be important for you to stop judging others first. You say gamers are a specific way but not all of them are just alike. Get involved in something besides drinking at bars. Maybe get a dog, dog park people are cool. Also there is Tinder to diversify your dating pool.
>>
>>18274572
How come when people do this with books or music, it's fine, but if you just so happen to want to find other gamers -and- happen to be an adult, the most you lame-o's can come up with is
>Diversify
Most gamers do. This is a subject about focus, not lack of it. What if they said they were looking for other people who like anime, y'all are gonna say "wait for a convention"?
>>
>>18274384
>defining yourself and your potential dates by the type of media you consume
Isn't this an 18+ website?
>>
>>18274669
>How come when people do this with books or music, it's fine

It's not. At least not for an adult. That's the shit that angsty teens do because they haven't developed an identity of their own yet.
>>
>>18274494
I know right, I agree on everything you said!
>>
>>18274669
Because video games are fucking degenerate. Lol.

It doesn't take a 16th of the aesthetic/intellectual appreciate to enjoy a video game as it does music or literature. If you're one of those people who says retarded shit like 'video games are art!' then you are beyond saving.

No they are not art. They are fucking junk food. Just like your personality.
>>
>>18274669
>How come when people do this with books or music, it's fine, but if you just so happen to want to find other gamers -and- happen to be an adult, the most you lame-o's can come up with is
>diversify

Because you need more than 1 subject in your life.

Like I said, I follow eSports and the like more than most. But I also am well read, like movies and tv shows, have experience with about half a dozen martial arts under my belt, love billiards, love fine dining and to cook, and a plethora of other things.

The one time I can remember bonding with a girl over video games, It wasn't even a topic we knew we had in common until AFTER we were in bed and just making random pillow talk, and by that point I already was pretty enamoured with her personality and personal philosophy--which is what we bonded over long before. our mutual love for indie video games was just the surprise cherry on top.

Diversify. Don't be dimensional. Be more interesting than that
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.