[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /adv/, so tell me how much I fucked up today >Be me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Shieeet.jpg (41KB, 381x289px) Image search: [Google]
Shieeet.jpg
41KB, 381x289px
Hello /adv/, so tell me how much I fucked up today
>Be me
>on the way to see a friend
>making a left at a T intersection
>look left
>no cars
>look right
>no cars
>look left again
>nothing still
>make the left turn
>about to complete the turn
>I side swipe a Corolla on the right that came out of nowhere
>We both pull over and get out of our vehicles
>No injuries on either party
>Immediately apologized - I figured since I was making the left turn, it's 99.9% my fault, but this might come back to bite me in the ass
>We inspect any damages
>Nothing major - only minor scuff marks and scratches on his car
>I give him my insurance info, driver's license, and phone number
>I forget to inquire for the same of him - another stupid move
>Because the damage was minor, he decides to wait until tomorrow to take his car to the body shop for quotes and estimates, and not contact law enforcement or our respective insurance providers yet
>says it will be cheaper for me this way
>"scratches like these look like they could just polish off"
>Then says it's up to me if I want to pay for repairs, and will call me tomorrow
>we agree
>We then go our separate ways

Even though the situation was almost undeniably my fault, the guy seemed pretty cool and was not angry in the slightest. His offer to allow me to make the decision of paying or not seems highly generous, but now thinking back I think not obtaining his info and pictures of the damages was a *major* fuck-up on my part, and gives him the leverage to do as he wants now. For all I know, he could call me tomorrow and rip me off by overestimating the costs for repairs and then file a claim with insurance, and I can do fuck all about it since I didn't obtain any pictures of his car. So tell me, /adv/ how much did I fuck this one up?
>>
If it's worth mentioning, I'm a university student without a formal source of income.
>>
You were entering the roadway and therefore had the responsibility to make sure the intersection was clear. It wasn't. You could have killed someone. Please be more careful.
>>
>>18274457
I'm fully aware I am the one at fault. But the question still remains, what do I do from here?
>>
Call your insurance company (if you have insurance) and report the incident. The insurance company will determine fault. Do not lie at any point, it can only make things worse. If you do not have insurance, wait for his insurance company to call you or until he comes to you with a quote. Paying him directly will likely be cheaper than reporting to insurance. Accidents increase your monthly premium for years to come.
>>
>>18274707
I'm a dependent college student. I'm still on my parents' insurance plan. Because the damage was so minor, I'm wanting to avoid calling the insurance company, but I want to hear what others have to say too.
>>
>>18274363
>he could call me tomorrow and rip me off by overestimating the costs for repairs and then file a claim with insurance

You don't pay anything without getting a quote from the body shop yourself. Don't just go off his word. If he files a claim, there's nothing you can do to stop him. It's going to get just as messy for him if he does, so there's probably a good chance he won't.

You kind of fucked up, but it's not the end of the world. Stop stressing about it, and let it play out a bit before you start to panic.
>>
>>18274733
I'm mainly worried that if insurance becomes involved and if he goes to a body shop that charges exorbitant prices, I won't be able to afford to pay for his car. Are you really sure he won't file a claim?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.