[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/. Here's the situation. I'm 18, halfway to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0363.jpg (713KB, 3024x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0363.jpg
713KB, 3024x3024px
Hey /adv/. Here's the situation.

I'm 18, halfway to 19.
>inb4 "fuck off underage b8"
I lurked this site from age 13-15 and have been posting here since age 15. At least I'm honest about it, that's more than other underage fags can say.

I'm wrapping up my senior year of high school and preparing to enter the adult world. Trouble is, I have literally zero idea what I'm going to do after high school. I have no tertiary education lined up and can barely hold down a single, shitty minimum wage job. I know for a fact I will end up a NEET.
But I really cannot stomach the idea of living as a NEET. I just can't. So I created my own plan for after college. I plan to ditch this shitty town I've spent years in and run. I want to start a new life far fucking away from here.
I'm just going to gather up my belongings, take what pitiful amount of money I have (in cash), create an alias for myself, and run.
I'm planning to illegally immigrate to another English speaking country (US fag here) since my foreign language skills are absolute shit.
The only advice I really need here is from Éire fags, Brit fags, Aus fags, or experts on immigration on how to go about smuggling myself into another country and then some insight on what it is like in your/those nations. Sorry for having to plague your countries with another immigrant by the way, but I feel like this is something I have to do.
General life advice would help too on how to work my way up from an illegal vagrant to at least a migrant worker of some kind, maybe more. I'm not above panhandling and/or begging for food, shelter, etc. There is a distinction between that and being a NEET.
I have some skills/talents that could be of use as well. I'm fairly talented in music, an exceptional reader and writer (hoping to publish my work before I skip town), and I enjoy studying/learning about history.
Thanks for taking the time to read guys. Now help an anon out with some advice.
>>
Explain why you need to migrate illegally
>>
>>18274136
This is a fucking God awful plan. Just get a full time job somewhere in the US. You won't have to talk to anyone you don't want.
>>
>>18274136
Dude, if you do that you'll end up living in a shitty apartment with 10 to 15 muslim migrants, maybe a few slavs as well. Life for illegal immigrants in europe is horrid. You can try canada, but they'll deport your ass.
>>
>>18274313
If I immigrate legally it will take too long and I don't have the resources to doctor an alias which will pass as legitimate enough to allow a legal immigration. Additionally, if I immigrated legally, I would most likely have to wait and be thrown back here.

>>18274369
>>18274491
I honestly don't care about the standard of living. I'm okay with being a bum out on the street for a while or living in a modern day tenement building. As long as I have my instruments, paper, something to write with, and stuff to read I would be perfectly content.
The only thing that is making my life complete shit right now is the ratrace which I'm trapped in. I don't want to live my life in a shitty dead end job. I just want to wander somewhere far away from here and do things that I love.
>>
>>18274533

I am just going to go with your plan to migrate illegally seeing how your dead set on it.

Your best bet I'd say is maybe the UK. It's shit here as you'd expect. But there are some poor places you can crash at if you don't mind the eastern europeans, chavs and muslims.

The north of England is where you'd find cheap places. Stay away from cities like Liverpool and Manchester though. Not nice places to be on the street at. Maybe a homeless shelter could help out with temporary accomdations.

Since you'll be here illegally, finding a job is out of the question as well.

You've probably heard of them but be wary of chavs on the street. Not very tough on first glance but a gang of them will just kick you around for fun because they're sad wankers like that.

Maybe you could play music on street. Earn some small cash to get a bite to eat since you mentioned you have some talent in music.

If you decide to go somewhere other then the UK. Maybe you could go to Ireland. I am not familar on their border policy though. Australia will just not let you in. They'll put you on an island and send you back. You have to have a job and house waiting for you to get in there.

Good luck, anon
>>
You're aware that you still need to get a job in another country, right?
>>
>>18274803
Thanks for the luck and goodwill anon. I appreciate it. Luck to you in your endeavors as well.
Since you've answered my questions thus far, maybe you could help me with this one as well. Or anyone could help me with this question if they know.
I'm planning to take a boat to wherever I go since passengers on a plane generally need to pass through customs of some sort.
I was hoping to pay a ship's crew to let me stowaway on their ship, but that does indeed sound like a retarded idea. Any better ideas?
Also, what are the chances I'd be caught as an illegal on a ship vs. other modes of transport? Any idea?

>>18274815
I'm aware. I was hoping to pick up odd jobs in places that don't really care much about your status.
>>
>>18274136
>"...i hate this shitty town so i'm going to move to another country and make an alias for myself..."
um i can't shake the feeling that you're omitting some important details. mainly the why of the whole situation.

why move to a completely other country in the first place?
>>
>>18274868
Yeah.... you know you can do that in the US, right?

And being a hobo doesn't require a new identity.

I think you may be stupid.
>>
>>18274136
There are far, far better ways to get out of your town if that's what your ultimate goal is. Go talk to a recruiter and you could be shipping out with the Navy or Air Force with a comfy tech job in 6 months time, with full benefits and your life is fully taken care of for at least 4 years. Go get a full-time job somewhere and get your own 1-bedroom apartment and car. Go buy a van and convert it into a living space with a bed and save money on rent and work part-time to cover your gas bills and insurance.

There are so many better options than just packing up everything and trying to illegally emigrate to some Europoor shithole that's infested with muslims where you're likely to get stabbed or blown up. Seriously. You've got to be literally retarded if you think that's a good idea. Think for longer than 10 seconds before you make any kind of huge decision like this, because your plan is something a naive 16 year-old girl would think is a good idea.

You're not a NEET even if all you have is a minimum wage job. Education, employment, or training-- do any one of those three things and you are no longer a NEET.
>>
>>18274890
>>18274892
I definitely could stay in the US but there is a much higher chance that I would be found.
The why of the situation is because I hate being stuck in the shitty, monotonous cycle of everyday life. I hate working 9-5. I hate waking up on the demands of a corporation. But I also don't want to be a fucking NEET.
I just want to live as a hobo or a vagrant and squat on land with other hobos, vagrants, and maybe even punks in a punk house. I want to play my music and do random odd jobs to make a bit of cash to contribute to my fellow squatters and for the necessities, and maybe/hopefully books, writing supplies, and music supplies.
Man, it seems like everyone frowns on alternative lifestyles.
>>
>>18274906
I can't join the military. There are certain things which they can immediately refuse you for and I meet one of these things, and it is not a minor one. The refusal point is in regards to mental health and if you have spent any period of time in an inpatient psych ward, you are immediately declined from entering service. I have schizophrenia, clinical depression, OCD, and GAD and I've been admitted to psych wards multiple times. I spent 2+ months in one psych ward so I'm fairly certain they would not be willing to overlook it and grant me an appeal on that. And I'm not about to lie to get in. That shit is a felony, and not one that is worth it.
I do like the van idea though.
Not the full time job one though. That is exactly the opposite of what I want.
>>
>>18274868

You're welcome OP. Glad I was able to help a bit.

Now I don't really know too much about other transportation methods from the US to another English speaking nation.

You've got Canada up above and that'll be mostly hitch hiking and walking if you choose to go there. As you said going through customs for a plain won't get you anywhere if you don't have papers and what not to travel.

Choosing to pay a ship's crew to catch a ride to somewhere is very dangerous. I don't mean to sound condescending to you but at your age, traveling like that is risky. You don't know these strangers or what they'd do to you.

Of course you may get lucky and find some crew that is willing to take you on board with no trouble. But you've got to find such a crew that is going to the UK for example if you choose to go there. You would also need to be prepared for a long sea journey ahead.

For your chances of being caught on a ship that really depends what kind of ship it is. You'd probably want to stay away from hiding in any cargo because that's most likely going to get checked a lot. I am not too familar on illegals on ships so I can't really tell you what your chances are.

Maybe if you land in Europe somewhere you can use the current free movement of travel to get around easier without needing a Visa and stuff.

Overall you're only really stuck with some way of flying, hitch hiking or over seas travel. Sorry I couldn't be much more help, OP. Hopefully someone else here has better solutions or a different idea to mine.
>>
>>18274916
>I just want to live as a hobo or a vagrant and squat on land with other hobos, vagrants, and maybe even punks in a punk house.
You know you can do that in the US, right?
>>
>>18274957
Thanks anon. I'll do some more research on the topic. Gonna have to take out some books on it at this point because I can't find shit about it on the Internet.
Keep fighting the good fight.
>>
>>18274933
You will have to eventually work a 9-5 job if you want to be an independent adult. Yes you can fuck around for a few years living in a van or living with a bunch of monkeys in a shitty apartment, but eventually you will want your own privacy. You will want your own personal vehicle. You will want your own apartment where you can invite your friends over or have your girlfriend over. You will want to be able to afford good, hot, healthy food.

Nobody likes working full-time, but if you want to reap the maximum potential out of the societal system we've built up, you have to work for it. Or you can be a hobo that works part-time and lives under a bridge or in a homeless shelter and leech off the taxpayers who pay for it. That's the equivalent of being a NEET
>>
>>18274964
Did you read the first sentence?
There's a good chance that people will be looking for me and with the resources that certain agencies have access to nowadays, it won't be hard for them to find me if I stay in the US.
>>
>>18274997
>There's a good chance that people will be looking for me
who's going to find you? why does it matter? you're an adult bro, you're either omitting some pretty crucial details or you're just being a huge pussy
>>
>>18274992
I'm gonna try and stay away from leeching off the taxpayers because I understand the frustration and disturbance that it creates in the system. I get what you're getting at.
I've done some reading up on punk houses and I've thought about joining one. They're mainly in countries which the punk movement developed in (US, UK, Ireland, Australia). If not a punk house, there are a lot of other squatting areas which are fairly open. This way I'm not leeching off of taxpayers. A lot of punk houses actually pay for the land, space, and building they squat on. Not so much for other squatters though, but still, it doesn't infringe a lot on the government in any way.
>>
>>18275018
A huge pussy how? For not sharing my ENTIRE life story with you? The rest of the why is not relevant here. Only the how. If you have any useful advice to contribute about the how, please do. If your curiosity refuses to be sated, then fuck off.
>>
>>18274997
If they care enough to find you, then you should probably be going to a country that doesn't extradite.
>>
>>18274136

I feel like taking a gap year and doing some kind of charitable work in a foreign country might fix your wanderlust, give you time and experience for re-orientation and end up looking good on your résumé.

t. did exactly that and it helped me mature and get a clearer idea of what I want out of this life more than 12 years of school did
>>
>>18275031
You've just confirmed to me that you want to run away because you're a huge pussy and rather than face whatever bullshit teenage """problems""" you have like a man, you want to run away and live in a fantasy world. You think living in a punk house will solve all your problems? Living with a bunch of low-IQ hipster fuckheads who happen to like the same music as you do won't make you a better person, and the only insight you'll gain from it is realizing how much of an idiot you were to think it was a viable way of living. If you want to be a super epic punk vagrant so badly, then drop the fuck out of high school immediately and pack up your shit and leave within the week
>>
>>18275035
Extradition only applies to fugitives from the law, right? I'm not running from the law, so I don't think they would care enough to do that much searching.
I'm weighing my options now between a different spot in the US, the UK, and Ireland because apparently Australia and Canada have pretty tight immigration laws.
US is a viable option but I'd definitely have to go to the farthest area of the US as possible if I want to avoid detection.
>>
>>18275063
You've just confirmed to me that you're an armchair psychologist.
I'm not looking to solve any problems here. I just don't want to live as a slave, whether in the workforce or as a NEET.
Maybe you don't agree with how I want to live and that's fine, you're entitled to your opinion. But don't step on the lifestyles of others just because they don't fit what you see as "normal."
>>
>>18275082
>t. high schooler who saw Trainspotting once and now wants to be an anarchist
>>
>>18275107
Haven't seen Trainspotting. Never even heard of it.
>inb4 "you're lying"
Not.
>>
>>18275065
Yeah, but if they have the resources and the agencies to track you down anywhere in the U.S. then they can do it in Britain too. So anywhere with extradition is not going to give you the anonymity you want.
>>
>you don't want to be one of Dr.shekelstein's AA batteries? Oy very, this guy just doesn't get it
I love how people who have given up or have no passion always try to convince everyone around them who still has potential that it's worthless, to give it up and just be a stupid cog.

We get it, you fit sooo we'll. You turn and get oiled, turn and get oiled. Hope you feel accomplished by the end of your life. Tell all your accrued, unspent money I said hello.
>>
if you've an Irish grandparent, you are probably entitled to an Eire passport. check that family tree, anon.

but it'll be pretty much the same shitty deal no matter where you go unless you sort yourself out first.

since you're loaded with "issues" (no offence mate) look into milking the system for disability and all that, maybe, and see about furthering your education somehow. even if it's evening classes or something while you work, or whatever.

have you tried career counselling? you sound like a bright lad, it doesn't have to be all shit.

and hang in there!
>>
>>18275065
You do realize if you're trying to escape creditors, if you live the life you're planning, they literally can't do anything to you, right? They can't take money from you that you don't have, and they can't repossess property that you don't own. What are they going to do? Dock the paycheck you get for being a drifter?

This shit is why I assume you're stupid. Not because of how you want to live your life.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.