[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>same age my parents were when they got married >Never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: 1493563543120.jpg (229KB, 1080x1027px) Image search: [Google]
1493563543120.jpg
229KB, 1080x1027px
>same age my parents were when they got married
>Never even had my first kiss
I think it's safe to assume that things will be bad forever, how do I find the strength to go on and try to at least finish my education and get a job?
>>
I dont know why I even bother starting a thread, I have never been in a relationship, I'm a pariah here
>>
File: rumble10031.png (305KB, 851x465px) Image search: [Google]
rumble10031.png
305KB, 851x465px
>same age my parents were when they got married
>Never even had my first kiss

Contrary to popular belief, It isn't a race.

If you keep obsessing over this it will never happen.

Learn how to love life that is lived alone. Do whatever it is you need to do to feel comfortable in your own skin.

Focus on the things you love to do. Acquire hobbies.
>>
>>18274186
It's the most recent thing in my list of failures
>Adquire hobbies
What makes you think I don't already have them?
How is a hobby a replacement for unfufilled needs?
>>
>>18274214
Stop thinking that being in a relationship will magically make you happy. You know how many miserable people are in relationships?

A hobby isn't a replacement for a relationship. The point is to learn to enjoy your life. If you can't find anything to bring some joy into your own life, getting a girlfriend isn't going to fix anything. You know what happens when a miserable person gets into a relationship? They just make the other person miserable as well.

Stop looking for someone else to fix your life. You're the only one that can do that.
>>
>>18274228
I don't, it's just the most recent thing that makes me miserable, as time goes on I willstill be like this when all my friends are married, I don't have many, and then when they have kids and no longer talk to me
It's not the only reason things suck but it sucks a lot, things don't exist in a micro cosmos, it's the same reason I keep failing college and I can't hold a job or I barely even go outside anymore
>>
>>18274228
Not all lives are enjoyable, some people live their lives and die and they weren't happy once
Not all lives are fixable, mine was doomed from the start
>>
File: 1360692901947.gif (164KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1360692901947.gif
164KB, 256x256px
>>18274239
Funny thing, I met this chick who had obvious problems about being single. She blatantly asked me out like three time but I declined, one because I'm not going nor want to fix her and two because she is just so socially awkward. Plot happened, she hooked up with another insecure, virgin guy and they were talking about having kids and shit a year into their relationship.

The message here is that you don't need to follow the tired recipe of getting a gf by college, marrying at 25, having triplets by 26, a big house in the suburbs and a labrador in order to be happy. Some folks have gone that way and it worked for them, while some other realized there was some stuff missing in their lives.
>>
Have you ever actively tried to be in a relationship? You don't sound like you did. Start by fixing that. Go on, take a few risks. Fail. Be embarassed. Be heartbroken. Suffer for days. Get over it. Try again. Fail, succeed, doesn't matter as much as you having tried.

It's a big part of life to be missing out on. I'd try everything I can to at least have loved and lost in your position. Perhaps try enlisting a friend to act as emotional support.
>>
>>18274250
They are probably going to have really sad children, that kind of misery shouldn't be spread
>>
>>18274258
It was made pretty clear to me that I was completely undesirable before I even got old enough to try
As time went on I got more and more undesirable and women started avoiding me like a plague
>>
>>18274250
Except my life is the exact opposite of that and I can't see any way to fix anything
I'm way too far behindamd have way too many problems, better hope for more luck next time
>>
>>18274258
I did, each new failure kills me a bit more, there isn't much left of me to kill
>>
>>18274246
Boo hoo. Your life is shit. You can either try and make it better, or you can give up. If you try and fail, you end up in the same spot, but if you don't try there's no chance it gets better.
>>
>>18274272
It was made pretty clear that I was undesirable too, and even as an adult I'm still awkward and shy. I've still had a few women much higher in attractiveness than myself pursue me and even managed to kiss/have sex with one. Only reason those relationships ended is because I pushed them away due to being insecure.
>>
>>18274239
>it's the same reason I keep failing college and I can't hold a job or I barely even go outside anymore

Have you ever thought that maybe your depression is the cause of this shit, and not the side effect?

Go get professional help, get on some medication, and start fixing shit. Maybe you never end up with the life everyone else has. But that doesn't mean it has to be devoid of meaning or happiness.

I get it. I was terribly depressed for about a decade. And at some point you're going to have to force yourself to change, and learn how to be happy.
>>
>>18274320
>If you try and fail you end up in the same spot
You actually end up with another thing to regret
>>18274343
I'm not akward not shy
You sound a lot better than me, I am completely alone all the time, I see my grandma once a month and my friends like 6 or 7 times a year and that's it that's all the human contact I get now
>>
>>18274344
I'm not depressed right now just feeling pretty bad
This is normal for me, I just don't fit in anywhere and trying to brings me nothing but pain so I stopped trying to a long time ago
When I get depressed I don't get out of bed or mantain propper hiygine, I don't cook my meals and I struggle to get dressed or go outside and I experience never ending pain
>>
>>18274375
>so I stopped trying to a long time ago

And how's that working out for you?

>When I get depressed I don't get out of bed or mantain propper hiygine, I don't cook my meals and I struggle to get dressed or go outside and I experience never ending pain

You do know that depression is measured on a scale, right? Just because you can drag yourself out of bed and make yourself a sandwich doesn't mean you aren't depressed.
>>
>>18274366
Failure doesn't have to be a bad thing. You make that choice yourself.
>>
>>18274400
its better, i dont experience anywhere nar the pain i do when im actually trying, i havent had suicidal thoughts in a while
i can see myself spending the rest of my life like this wich is scary, i dont cope with pain well at all
>You do know that depression is measured on a scale, right?
i did not know that, however comparing that and now seems like an unfunny joke
>>18274413
i cant cope with it, i obsess over it, i obsess over every problem and everything thats wrong and everything that should have been different so i tend to avoind anything that reminds me of that
>>
>>18274272
This and
>>18274280
this.
>>
>>18274375
This sounds like depression.
>>
>>18274117
i have been in therapy and medication countless times, therapy never worked no matter how hard i tried
as for the medication i cant be on that shit ever again, its something only someone who took that shit can descrive. Adn i have been on docens of them
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.