[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /adv/, I've been thinking about a lot of stuff recently,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1463592528196.png (336KB, 636x708px) Image search: [Google]
1463592528196.png
336KB, 636x708px
Hi /adv/,

I've been thinking about a lot of stuff recently, and would appreciate any kind of input.

For contexts sake, I have moderate depression and anxiety, and I am on the high functioning side of the autistic spectrum.

I'm starting therapy this week after not doing it for a few years, and there has just been so much crossing my mind.

Since therapy is essentially just retraining myself how to think, how do I decide what I "need" to talk about during the sessions?

There are plenty of problems I have, like having no real friends in real life, not having a passion, and being a neet to name a few, and I assume these would all be proper things to bring up during a session, but what about smaller problems? Things that have upset me or just small things that I'm anxious about. I just have trouble thinking for myself, and my primary concern is that I may flood an appointment with mindless problems that don't lead to a solution. Should I just trust my therapist to be able to decide what is actually worth talking about? For smaller problems, do I just need to deal with it until I make progress with my mental problems, so I can actually think for myself and not have to talk to another person about them?

I'm just having a bit of trouble thinking of all of this alone.

Thank you in advance, /adv/.
>>
Sometimes even when you're talking about something that has a minor impact, you end up making a very poignant statement that clarifies a lot of things to your therapist. So it's not always pointless to talk about poinless things, and it's not always less important to talk about less important things either.

Since it's your time anyway, if you hold back something you feel like talking about, you might regret it more than if you talk about it and waste your time.

Besides, if your therapist is good, he'll redirect the conversation if it ends up in a dead alley.

I don't really have any definitive answers for you because therapy never got me anywhere. Sorry.
>>
>>18274039
Thanks anon, this helps a lot.

If you don't mind me asking, you mentioned that therapy never got you anywhere.

Was there anything that did work?
>>
>>18274047
Nope. I've been too much of an escapist and too lacking in drive to do anything that involves gritting your teeth and bearing with the unpleasantness until you become a better person through the challenge. Not fitness, not studying, not a job, and certainly not cognitive behavioral therapy. After all, there is no point for me to do so. So instead of doing things they told me to do, I just stopped going.

I'm guessing this is a lot less helpful to you. Hopefully you're not too far gone, anon.
>>
>>18273775
Well can I just ask if your "moderate depression" is real and by that I mean, if you been that way longer then 2-3 weeks, or it's just 3 days depression?
>>
>>18274090
Its been about 5 years anon, with a few "alright" months scattered throughout, but even those were super, just not as bad I suppose.
>>
>>18274101
weren't super* oops.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.