[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here recovered from crazy? How do you recover from crazy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1492632266471.jpg (3MB, 3600x5400px) Image search: [Google]
1492632266471.jpg
3MB, 3600x5400px
Anyone here recovered from crazy? How do you recover from crazy? Are you normal people now?
>>
>>18273451
I was "crazy" from ages 12 to 20. Depression kept me from living a normal life. I hoarded and lived in literal filth for years. Convinced myself I was a sociopath because I didn't know why else I acted the way I did. I was too young and naive to realize my dissociation and depression were in part caused by years of abuse.

Fast forward to now: still fucked in the head but I've been fighting it tooth and nail. Used all the willpower I had to overcome many of my nasty habits i.e. showering less than once a week, hoarding, shitting on my floor, pulling my hair out/self harm, etc. I was a mess, and it wasn't until I started improving myself that I realized how bad things had become. I still have a long way to go, but I'm definitely getting better.
>>
>>18273632
>shitting on my floor
>>
>>18273451
Go to a psych ward, see a shrink, don't fall for the pharmaceutical jew
>>
I went full on batshit from about 18 - 20yrs old. I think back to that time and struggle to believe it actually happened. I'm now approaching 30.

I suppose I just grew up. I got a job, gained more structure in my life, ended any toxic relationships I had and realised that it was okay to be mad or upset about something, but it was also important to focus on the bigger picture. When you have responsibilities and a structure, it's really hard to spend a lot of time obsessing with the negative things which influence low mood.

I still struggle with my mood. I'm a negative person and I seem to live my life between "okay" and "this is shit", but I can manage. I consider myself a realist. I'm easily threatened, I don't think very highly of myself and I have anger issues. I work hard to try and control this, so those around me are not affected.

Medication is a great option for some people. I often wonder if SSRI's might improve my mood...but I think I'd struggle to stick to the treatment long enough to see whether it would work. I tend to just focus on eating healthily, going to the gym and spending as much time outside as possible. Counselling can work as well, and sometimes there's no need to pay someone to listen. CBT books are widely available and can really help you gain an understanding of your thought processes and how changing them even a tiny bit, can be beneficial.
>>
>>18273632
>>18273810

That's great and an inspiration, but please tell me you meant "sitting" on the floor.
>>
>>18273820
if ur fucked in the head a psych ward alone isn't gonna save you. they will just give you medication that probably wont work. look into long term partial hospitalizations or residential programs. they probably wont help either tho but thats ur best bet. all else fails just kill urself
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.