[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be le smart kid but le lazy meme >had several scholarships

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: pls be patient.jpg (22KB, 403x433px) Image search: [Google]
pls be patient.jpg
22KB, 403x433px
>be le smart kid but le lazy meme
>had several scholarships in surplus cuz went to mediocre state school that gave me $$
>mom lost house + all monies
>give her all my funds because trusted her as she's in a legal battle over the house
>lawyer fucked us over in the end (aka probably figured we ran out of my funds)
>be in middle of uni
>suddenly have to worry about things like food and gas and shit
>be homeless for a while
>scholarships demand a certain courseload
>have no more funds because gave it mom
>stressing for cash because I realize she's not good with money at all
>GPA tanks
>sleep in random places
>depressed as hell
>bipolar as hell
>gf constantly breaks up with me because I get autistic a lot over nothing
>I swear babe it's just 3 hours of sleep is making me like this
>lost all scholarships
>gf cheated on me
>to be fair I cheated too from her constant break ups
>still get destroyed because I'm a hypocrite
>hate mom and lost all trust in her
>hate exgf because fucked with my mind at the worst time of my life
>at the last year of my math degree
>doing abstract algebra and zfc set theory class among others
>it's the hardest class I've done
>love it but miss classes from either not wanting to sleep in the same bed as mom because all we can afford is shitty efficiency from her shit job
>failing even harder
>becoming borderline suicidal
>abuse adderall to constantly have enough motivation to work + study + avoid falling into suicidal void
>no luck, too brainlet to handle it properly
>future destroyed
>wanted to get a high enough GPA and GRE to maybe get into CMU or something for either philosophy in mathematics or something interesting
>lowered it to financial engineering because at least make money
>lowered it to applied CS because hey math + CS is fairly demanded
>lowered it to circus performer and youtube meme explainer like memesauce or asap science
Sorry for blog post, but pls convince me that I still have a chance in higher academia.
Please convince me.
>>
tl;dr life turned upsidedown and GPA tanked and lost scholarships and borderline homeless
do I still have a chance in higher academia or will I be perpetually filtered out due to my GPA getting destroyed?

that's all I want to know honestly
>>
>>18273067
You're not out of it, but fuck man how stunted is your worldview that you would ever think that giving money to your parents like that is okay?

They shot their load and they made you. If they're not having any more kids, they should be putting all free resources into you, not the other way around. It's simple game theory.
>>
OP should have kept the money for them self.
Women will always have free handouts and shelters to stop them from being homeless without having to do shit. Yet a hardworking man that has earned their scholarships is expected to be homeless and fail.
Fuck life.
Anyway as long as OP does really well in GREs they should be able to get into a graduate program and live off being a TA. Theres still hope if you want it.
>>
>>18273067
Well fuck man, I really feel for you. Hope you can pull through on this, just wanted you to remember that there are others out there in way worse conditions than you, e.g. Dr. Ben Carson, that have pulled through and succeeded beyond expectations, the worst thing that can happen is there you throw out your opportunity to all these things that shouldn't have happened to you. Remember to stay positive, I've had really down parts in my life too, I've did badly for my A levels, based on my expectations, I felt as if I'm backed up against the wall with no place to go to, everyday's a drag thinking of what will happen to me in future, but I managed to secure a place at a respectable university and managed to do quite well, make new friends and I would've never expected I could get a place in such a university, have faith in the process, we can never know what will happen, if you don't keep that opportunity open that you will succeed, then the chance is 0, but if you keep that opportunity open, then your chance is there, just like how I applied to schools despite my bad results, and I managed to get a place, thought I'll be outright rejected, I applied and kept that reality open, and you should too. Best of luck anon. Study hard so that you still keep that reality of living your dreams or at least able to take a slightly longer route to living your dreams open. I'm currently aiming to get into med school, sure it might be a longer path but it's still gets you to the same place!
>>
>>18273066
just make better choices and pick yourself up by your bootstraps, works on my machine
>>
>>18273066
> Having to worry over food and gas while doing a Math degree.

Yeah, no. You're not going to get that degree without some disposable income. Given you're already depressed, no amount of 'trying harder' is going to be effective enough to succeed. I don't know exactly what your current situation is, but you can probably still do it if you do these two things:

1. A Student Loan, so you can delay the money problem until you're done with Uni.

If you somehow cannot acquire this student loan, you are unlikely to succeed. Having a shit part-time job next to your mom's shit job is not going to make much of a difference, no matter how much delusional boostrap picking you do.

They might screw you over with the interest rate, but you're already considering to kill yourself so you might as wel make the gamble.

2. An emotional distance between yourself and the ones that don't contribute anything positive / valuable to your life.

Given the amount of times you mentioned your mom and ex I'm sure they're on your mind alot, and not in a good way. At some point you're going to want to deal with those thoughts, but don't do this while you're studying. If you're still doing your degree, then delay dealing with these issues until a more oppertune time. If you stopped your degree at some point and are currently considering to try for it again, then you may want to try dealing with these issues beforehand. I can't really tell you how to do it, that's up to you. But my advice is to let go of the hate, as it does more harm than good to you, despite if it's justified.

Good luck.
>>
lol dude just work for a year or two, earn some money, get a good GRE score and apply for a masters program like Cambridge.
>>
>>18273073
>can't even get into CMU
>asking him to get into Cambridge
Are you insane?
>>
>>18273066
The entire point of green text is to compress your stupid blog post you colossal fuck.
>>
File: Colin Powell.jpg (44KB, 392x500px) Image search: [Google]
Colin Powell.jpg
44KB, 392x500px
>>18273066
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.