[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do you make friends /adv/? recently, I went to a family

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: CnC.jpg (31KB, 570x300px) Image search: [Google]
CnC.jpg
31KB, 570x300px
how do you make friends /adv/?

recently, I went to a family gathering back home and my uncles where asking me if I had alot of american friends, which their surprise no.

since moving to america, I have not made any friends and it's been 4 years now.

I honestly am at a loss,

I mean, it's really hard to make friends with white people to begin with, and my English is not very good.

I did have a Korean friend when I was in college and we played alot of CnC3 and alot of SC2 but he moved back to Korea when he graduated from SJSU.

How do people make friends adv?
>>
>>18271768
Common stuff.
>>
>>18271768
It's hard
It's not a American/foreign scenario type shit
It's hard for everyone who isn't a Chad

Go and try to join clubs
There a lots of adult clubs if you're not in college anymore.

You're a gamer so try to look up gaming clubs. There are a few in every city.

I was part of "Beer Runners" a few years ago.
Could have made friends there.

Also, CNC was the shit
You play Tiberian Sun?
Fuck that was my jam as a 12 year old
>>
>>18271810
Tiberium Sun plus all the expansions,
and now Tiberium Wars

I also played all the red alerts ladder
I was #9 world wide on red alert 2 in 2004 on EA ladder.

It fucking broke my heart what EA did to CnC
CnC 4 doesn't count as a CnC game.

Oh I also play sc2 too, but not at much as CnC
sometimes SupCom2 but not really that much anymore.
>>
>>18271810
>gaming clubs.

there is none for RTS anymore. everyone plays those gay "MOBAS" now, there is no more 1v1 tournaments here in america.

there is alot of broodwar back home and alot of RA2 and 3 still.

can't wait to go back once I graduate.
>>
>>18271827
I played all those games, but I was too casual to get too far into them

I understand what EA did to CnC
They saw the writing on the wall.
The strict RTS genre was dying and they tried to stay relevant
The fact of the matter is that RTS games were too much about babysitting your base and less about real strategy
The genre is called "Real Timed Strategy" not "Real Time Base Management".

>>18271834
There are clubs for RTS
My uni had a few Starcraft clubs.
At least I think.

Try Dota, mate.
I know it's a """moba'""
But try it
It's a great game. You may think it's a retarded offspring of the RTS genre, but it's more than that.

Anyways, bud, reach out. You're a cool dude. You like games
Find some other niggers who like games
Like me
We coulda been friends.
Find some clubs who have people like us

Join a DnD club
That's fucking fun
>>
File: 097.png (551KB, 856x557px) Image search: [Google]
097.png
551KB, 856x557px
>>18271844
>The fact of the matter is that RTS games were too much about babysitting your base and less about real strategy

what??

what are you talking about?

there was alot of macro involved in ra2 and some micro as well.

not as much as brood war but that was what made those two games different. and better for it.

EA did that to CnC because the SC2 Esport scene was exploding at the time of CnC4 and they thought that is they made the game more "acceable" to newbs, they could get players to watch tournaments and in turn make more money.

they didn't think that by dumbing down the game for fps morons who dont like RTS games because "they are too hard" they would loose the dedicated fan base that made CnC strong online.

RTS games are made to be hard and put a ton of pressure on the players to do the best they can at managing macro and micro.

the whole point of CnC was to take a large map and pin 2 players against each other with limited resources and the constant struggle to find each other and destroy one another as best as they can.

so no, it's not just about babysitting your base.
you do that, and you get into the habbit of going turtle too much, and you'll only be prolonging your inevitable defeat.

besides, if you get stupid with the turtle in ra2; this will happen in most games.

(picture related)
>>
>>18271883
To be fair, I never got into the online meta of RA2 or any CNC game
I was all about Starcraft

And that was all about macro over micro
It wasn't about "strategy" it was about making your base viable
Especially for SC2

9/10 actions in SC2 was base related shit
And that's what drove people to Mobas
It did for me
It didn't feel like like was playing a "strategy" game
It was playing an autism simulator with a game tacked on top.
>>
>>18271844
>Starcraft clubs.
they have those in america?

>Dota

dota is ok, but i never understood making games easier, the whole point of a game like Warcraft 3 for example, is that it is really hard to manage everything, but the more you play, the better you get.

making the games easier is just pandering the the lowest common denominator and simply wanting to sell more copies.
>>
U stop being a pussy and just be yourself.

>nofap
>>
>>18271894
Oh yeah
I'm Canadian
We have SC clubs here
Not even just in the West

>Dota
>Easier

I wouldn't strictly say that.
It's just harder in different ways.

See what I said about RTS above
>>
>>18271893
>I was all about Starcraft

Back in Peru, I was really into Broodwar
everyone back in lima still in 2017 still plays Broodwar pretty much everyday.

They hold tournaments every summer in downtown Lima.

when I moved to the U.S. to study, I got really into CnC because of the sift here between Broodwar and Sc2

Honestly, I'm not in the slightest surprised that sc2 is dying,

bliz fucked up with sc2

they made two completely different games that most players, including like 95% of the pros in korea hate.

Sc2 is nothing like BroodWar and players coming in from broodwar never really adjusted to the difference.

so now they are remastering broodwar because they see that more players world wide still rather play ICCup broodwar than play Sc2
shit is sad how long it took them to figure out they fucked up.

looking forward to this summer tho, everyone of my bros back home in lima is stoked about the remaster, and the free access. alot of players there pirate the game lol.
>9/10 actions in SC2 was base related shit

that's only early game and in some mid games, the 4/5 end games are where it starts to get good. I don't play alot of sc2 anymore; but I watch it alot. zerg is still the best mass race.

>It was playing an autism simulator with a game tacked on top.

lel
>>
true friends are made through hardship. in good times everyone is a friend. standoffish people are less likely to have any friends.
>>
>>18271933
>true friends are made through hardship. in good times everyone is a friend.

Agreed, all my life long friends are all back in peru.
>>
>>18271933
>. standoffish people

what does that even mean anon?
>>
>>18271928
>Peru
Then why you no play Dota?

Join us. I've learnt so much of your swears from your brothers
>>
File: CnCgirls.jpg (411KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
CnCgirls.jpg
411KB, 1600x1200px
>>18271957
join US instead anon.

we've got girls.
>>
File: GEN2.jpg (577KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
GEN2.jpg
577KB, 1920x1080px
>>18271957
Tell all your friends to join the forums.

If we get enough people, maybe these greedy EA rats will finally make it happen.

CnC is like the dock union workers in the wire, we get no love from the gaming community anymore, where fucking dying out here anon!!
>>
>>18271979
so does everywhere else
minus stubby little tribal people I'll take it
fuck who am I kidding I'll take a stubby little tribal person

I think some countries might have even better looking women

>>18271953
you know what standoffish means
>>
>>18271997
>I think some countries might have even better looking women

i think so too,

but i just saw something disheartening.

>DotA is a free-to-play game
>free-to-play

probably alot of hackers.

that's what happens to FTP games they get bombarded by little kids with downloaded cheats. it's annoying, it's whats going to happen to broodwar HD if blz doesn't get on top of it right away.

>you know what standoffish means

I actually didn't. but I guess it just means being a dick.

I mean, Im not a dick, I rarely even talk to people at school.
>>
>>18271953
It means people who generally keep to themselves and don't actively participate socially.

Like me. I'm born American and I have no close friends at all. Zip. The only person I ever really hung out with was my cousin, and he moved away.

Really though, of you want to make aquaintances, and eventually friends, just find people with similar interests. Find some social gathering place that revolves around what you like, if possible.
>>
>>18272019
>if possible.

rts games are really alive in south korea, but its too far and i'm afraid of the snow.
>>
>>18272016
well dota is kind of like league without the cheap thrills and the adderal. I didn't see it outdoing league, although I prefer valve's art design and "three deep breaths" approach to developing a GUI. I don't really like Overwatch simply because the graphics have way way to much going on.

>I guess standoffish just means being a dick
no it doesn't. it means one who stands off.

>I rarely even talk to people at school
standoffish

>>18272019
I've made plenty of friends since I last bitched about not having friends. It still seems like a miracle to me. I think it became possible out of desperation. If I wanted to make more (because of course not every friend you make will become a bestie), I'm actually clueless as to how that would be accomplished.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.