[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are women very insecure? I'm a guy who struggles greatly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 4

File: best emmma.png (338KB, 364x344px) Image search: [Google]
best emmma.png
338KB, 364x344px
Are women very insecure? I'm a guy who struggles greatly with things like self image and how I look. It stresses me out to the point where I can barely talk to people or go outside. I just feel so ugly. Do women feel the same type of emotions? I would imagine they do because of all the beauty standards they have to abide by, but at the same time they have people complimenting them everyday.
>>
>>18271746
Yes, women are very very insecure.
>>
>>18271746
>but at the same time they have people complimenting them everyday.

I don't think this happens as much as you think. Or at least some dude yelling at you on the street isn't that flattering.
>>
>>18271762
It is. And it happens daily. Women get wet from that the sluts they are.
>>
>>18271762
Do women like being told they look good, as long as its in a civilized manner and not cat calling? Sometimes I want to compliment a girl but I dont want to come across wrong.
>>
Yes. I'm always really insecure about my image and about my weight. I'm actually skinny but yet I keep worrying and worrying about gaining weight. Which has lead to me having an eating disorder. It isn't just a small amount either, most girls struggle with body image but they're really good at keeping it hidden.
>>
>>18271767
> Men yell at women
> Somehow this means women are sluts
>>
Pretty much everyone is insecure on some level, some are just better at hiding it than others
>>
Women overgeneralize, are more socially minded, and experience moods longer. They also feel pressure to be attractive objects and to present as friendly.
>>
>>18271784
Whereas men are more focused in their thinking, less socially minded, and experience moods for a shorter period of time. Men are able to present themselves confidently in a greater variety of body types, and there is not really any pressure for them to be friendly.

Basically a man can grunt around all day without being friendly to anyone, nearly get in a fistfight, and then continue his day as if nothing happened.
>>
>>18271770
Women love animalistic compliments like catcalling. Their pussy loves it.

>>18271782
Its the other way around. Men yell at them BECAUSE their sluts brah
>>
>>18271782
according to r9k logic if a woman exists she is a slut
>>
>>18271797
if she a carbon based lifeform she a thot
>>
>>18271797
Na bro even unexistent women like casca are sluts. Post. Denied.
>>
>>18271746
Women are more insecure and less insecure than men

The ways we feel insecure are different

Men feel insecurity because of their earned worth
We feel insecure because we feel like we didn't "earn" being valued
We're not smart enough
We're not strong enough
We're not handsome enough

We didn't earn our value.
So we feel bad

Women feel it differently
The don't worry about "earning" anything.
They just feel bad about lack of interest.
So they infer that they are inherently not worth it.

That's why men commit suicide and women join crazy cults where they imagine new genders

Men think that they failed to prove themselves
Women think that they are unappreciated
>>
>>18271819
what? I beautiful women who drown in attention and still don't like themselves. I'm sure the affirmation feels nice to them, but I don't quite understand what you're trying to say.
>>
>>18271819
Im a guy and I feel Im not appreciated. Nice post but that thinking never works. Women and men are not so different... Except women are sluts desuuuu
>>
>>18271819
Nah men feel like that too. Stuff like height, dick size, and handsomeness is a very common insecurity that men have no control over.
>>
>look at self in mirror
>feel good to even great
>take picture
>0/10 looks like ive had a stroke
kill me please
>>
>>18271843
Haha guys relatable am I right
>>
>>18271837
The difference is that men can overcome those inherent insecurities with earned value
Women can never do that
>>
>>18271847
?
>>
>>18271843
Know this feel
I trust in the fact that cameras make everything flat and lifeless

So that in person I look just as good as I do in a mirror
>>
>>18271850
Because their sluts. /thread
>>
>>18271851
what you said is like cliche now he's just taking a jab at you :^)
>>
>>18271850
True, they realize 90% of their value comes down to looks basically

All they really have to do is get decent at makeup and not dress/cut their hair like a dyke, and even 4/10 girls can get decent looking guys to date them
>>
>>18271858
>not dress/cut their hair like a dyke
For a large group of guys, it still isn't a problem kek
>>
>>18271856
Who hurt you? Why do you have to post this again? It's obvious since you keep writing their instead of they're.
>>
>>18271865
Yep, I seriously shake my head at some guys' standards

If we collectively learned to not date/fuck down despite our higher sex drives, sex and relationship issues for men would practically vanish
>>
>>18271868
Free speech baby.
>>
>>18271847
yeah I have that
>>
>>18271869
No, I mean, a dyke haircut isn't necessarily lowering our standards. It can make her more attractive to a certain group of guys.
Different strokes fir different folks, you know.
>>
How important are looks to girls? When a guy asks you out how much do his looks factor into it?
>>
>>18271891
A 10/10 guy can do anything and get the girl. But a 5/10 can work for it.
>>
>>18271891
Honestly around 5/10 where a perfect face warrants a 5
Muscular body can bump that up to 8/10
Job takes the rest to 10
>>
>>18271891
personally I don't care but Im desperate so take it with a grain of salt
>>
>>18271898
well at least we still have a chance i suppose
>>18271899
can being in good shape really make that much of a difference? 3 whole points?
also by job do you mean a super high paying job or just a solid full time job
>>18271902
be my gf pls
>>
>>18271902
Ill take u babe with some sugar please
>>
>>18271746
>Are women very insecure?
no, definitely not
>>
>>18271929
>>
>>18271917
It can mean more than three points

An ogre with a great bod can be worth up to a 7 but nothing more
If you have an average face, it can push you to an 8.

I began my road to fitness last year
Totally recommend it
It just feels good
In the gym, at home, with others.
Just good. All the time

And that's not even taking into account Arnold's "CUMMING ALL DA TIME"
>>
I'd say we all face similar human issues of insecurities, but men face more social abruptions whereas women have more beauty standards and these are all imposed by the same gender. Men must be the manliest most dominant person with a high paying job and provide for others or other men and parental figures think you a failure. Women must be hourglass or stick shaped and always have perfect hair, makeup, wardrobe etc or other women think less of them.
Men will always fuck down, women usually won't.
Men usually care about that age old personality, whereas most non-desperate girls will take only the best of the best even if they are as interesting as a bag and make 20 dollars a month.
t. POV of a guy who's tried to live as manly as possible through fear of being weak his entire life.
>>
b u m p
>>
>>18271819
try being ugly and say that to my face

fuck you
>>
>>18272528
wait i dont understand are you a man or woman? what are you upset about?
>>
>>18272540
crap I thought you were ranting about women being luckier

sorry
got confused for a sec
>>
>>18271746
I'm not insecure, I just need to lose weight and I'll be happy. I will change the things I can change and accept the features that I can't. I never wear makeup too because I don't want to be fake. It's no different than wearing a costume.
>>
>>18271796
>Women love animalistic compliments like catcalling.
I personally don't. It's actually scary desu
>>
>>18272571
well they are
even fatties and ugly bitches get laid
>>
>>18271746
Brutal truth here, buddy.

A girl is only insecure because she knows she can't get Chad's attention. She feels outcompeted by beautiful woman for his attention/dick.

She knows she'll still get an avalanche of attention and dozens of approaches from men even she's overweight and ugly. But she doesn't want those who approach her.

So when you a see a girl feeling insecure over her small breasts, or her acne scars, or her wonky teeth, she's not "signalling" for average men to come and make her feel better.

Basically, ignore women when they say they feel "insecure" over their body. It's complete and utter horseshit.
>>
>>18272645
Sure, when you're in the hood.

But you do love it when it's construction workers or college kids playing football.
>>
>>18272686
>>18271796
>>18271767
>>>/pol
>>
>>18272692
There was literally an anecdote written by a middle-aged woman that got catcalled by a bunch of basketball playing teens as she was walking by a court.

She even approvingly commented on their big dicks bulging through their basketball shorts.

Women are sex freaks anon. Don't deny it.
>>
>>18272671
fuck no and you know that yourself

go away
>>>/r9gay/
>>
>>18272681

This is absolute bullshit and clearly from the mouth of somebody who has zero experience of women.
>>
>>18271770
Women love being complimented, but who the compliment comes from matters. If a guy she is attracted to compliments her it's like +2 confidence, if an average guy compliments her it's like +1 and an ugly guy compliments her it's like +0
>>
>>18271966
>An ogre with a great bod can be worth up to a 7 but nothing more

That's wrong bro, face matters a lot. Not saying having a good body doesn't make you more attractive, but the first thing people see is your face.
>>
File: WON87.jpg (977KB, 950x1229px) Image search: [Google]
WON87.jpg
977KB, 950x1229px
>>
>>18272735
Are you implying women care about the opinions of anyone but the most attractive of men?
>>
To any women in here: Do you feel like looks matter a lot less for women than they do for men? I feel like men date women almost purely for looks but women date men for reasons other than that, or at least not entirely based on looks. How important are looks to you?
>>
>>18272702
fuck off back to tumblr, cunt
>>
>>18272681
Absolutely correct

>>18272702
>>18272735
>>18272776

Lookism dot net

Redpill yourselves
>>
>>18272847
I think looks for girls are more a "yes or no" thing than a "out of ten" thing.
If he is ridiculously ugly, sure, I wouldn't date him. But if he is passable, then looks matter really little compared to personality, intelligence and general compatibility.
>>
>>18271746
From what I've experienced, pre-selection is largely true.
Anecdotal, I know. but it sort of reflects on a lot of the comments made in this thread especially regarding compliments, insecurities, social standing, appearance etc.
(eg: >>18272757
>but who the compliment comes from matters.)

Allow me to explain.

I returned to university more mature and confident after having traveled and worked in various countries. I didn't have to work at it like I did before, it became a passive but noticeable attribute that I used to my advantage at job interviews.

Being a bit more charismatic and confident initially gets got my foot at the door, I was more relate-able had interesting experiences to share, avenues of experience to bring to the table etc etc. not just from my female peers, but also my male peers. So starting a small network that grew as well as my "social standing"

By the 7-8th week of semester I had already amassed a medium-sized group of people who I have frequent interactions and I got to know well, which got me acquainted with new people etc etc. This wasn't lost on my peers as a whole, even people who weren't in my degree but had mutual friends in my course.

When I give a female classmate a compliment (remember non-genuine compliments are worthless and may be perceived as sarcasm) eg. I really liked her necklace because it brought out her eyes, hey perfume smells nice etc, I said it in a genuine yet, manner of fact way.

As a result she'll frequently wear that necklace, or wear the product, and I can always guarantee that she and her friends will sit near me during class or join me for lunch. I do this with various circles I become a go-between, sometimes I act as a guarantor of character if two friends have interest but are too shy to approach.

It just snowballs from there, I'm constantly around a variety of people, i'm seen as 'of value', leads to more acquaintances.
>>
File: Never give up.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Never give up.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
>>18273014
Eventually your "social standing" just works in your favor.

You're respected by the guys, and you're accompanied by occasionally accompanied by the gals, though they completely different social dynamics its good to be versed in both.

Pro-tip: Women make the best wing-men.

I had a borderline robot slowly come out of his shell over the period of a year, got him to join in sports, then the gym, took him on outings etc.
Eventually introduced him to another student doing a different degree who showed interest.
Two of my friends winged subtly and directly on his behalf, chicks love that shit, its like a sport for them and their good at it too.
>>
If women are so insecure why do they all post so many pictures of themselves online?
>>
>>18273037
So they can get validation.
>>
>>18273037
to get compliment to temporarily relieve the insecurity. problem is, it's like trying to dry the patio table while it rains. it doesn't really get to the bottom of the issue so they post more and more and it still isn't enough.
>>
>>18273043
>>18273044
Is it so hard for them to understand that's objectively better to not be self absorbed cunts? Compliments won't make them any pretty so maybe try... Idk being a likeable person?
>>
>>18273047
for a man, character, health and accomplishments are more important to get the top notch woman. for women, it's really just health and being beautiful. you can be the most loving person ever, have a stellar career and still feel like horseshit because you've seen a girl with better boobs once. it's not going to help a girl be less insecure to work on those things, because the most important trait they can posses is beauty and health. without that, everything else is worthles.
>>
>>18273058
That's not true though. I'd much rather be with an uglier, flat girl then some stupid rich model. Just because guys talk about looks a lot doesn't mean it's the most important thing.
>>
>>18273065
that's because you have accepted that you will never get the 1% of women. that's also why you will have to lower your standarts. you know you would easily chose a girl who is all over you and a stunner besides a decent person over one that is a mousy, chubby chick that invented the cure for cancer.
don't try to make yourself sound less vain and not like "all the other guys". a beautiful girl is a sight to behold and it is what a girl will strive for. always. sure, she should definitely not neglect her personality and brain, but a woman in the 1% will have all that and more.
>>
>>18273080
Look, I've dated a very pretty girl, maybe not 1% but maybe top 5% and yes, looks are important but only to a point. A 7/10 who's interesting and likable easily beats a self absorbed 10/10.
>>
>>18273083
but she will never beat an interesting and likeable beauty.
>>
>>18273105
Well that's obvious but we're talking about average girls who don't even think about personality.
>>
>>18273083
you guys seem to conveniently make dourself believe that beautiful women are all stupid, selfabsorbed and vain. i suspect it is because you can not let yourself believe that a being exists that is kind, intelligent and beautiful.
>>
>>18273117
why would anyone talk about trash that doesn't think about bettering their personality along with their physique?
>>
>>18273119
I never said that, I'm just trying to say that looks really isn't everything.
>>
>>18273137
it's not everything. but everything is nothing without it.
>>
>>18271784
>present as friendly.

I don't think that's true, especially now

It's "cool" to be edgy and talk like a man and stuff. Which imo isn't as annoying as women who try hard to present as "friendly" like you said and talk like baby bop or Harley Quinn if they're a telemarketer.
>>
>>18273145
You realize that's the same thing, just rephrased?
>>
>>18273155
you said it isn't everything. but you don't seem to agree that it is a vital component without which everything else is invalid.
>>
>>18273159
I'm a different anon.

And no I don't think the importance of physical attractiveness necessarily supercedes everything else. The dating scene doesn't encompass the entire scope of human socialization.
>>
Do you want to know the true irony of this place? That you people aren't half as unattractive as you think, but you're twice as insecure about it.

I 100% guarantee that if you took a little more pride in your appearance and worked a little harder on your attitude, you'll see a noticeable margin of attention.

Why do I guarantee this? Well, because it's what happens when anyone takes initiative.
>>
>>18273230
A lot of these people are here because they are average looking, but have awful personalities.

People know that about themselves. They don't admit it, but they know.
>>
>>18271856
Anyone with that much anger and can't use the proper form of they're must be absolutely retarded.
>>
>>18272697
Yes because one instance applies to all women in reality...
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.